Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 09-02-2004, 04:18 AM   #76
dangerously_cool
Regular User

Update: Took throttle body off, replaced with stock, it fucked up the tune and caused detonation. New plugs gapped to .045 and a week of driving on the low boost map, and it's back up. Camera crapped out, but hoping to have a dyno sheet up on the site soon.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:44 PM   #77
gottacatchup
Regular User

You ever stop to think that 340 bhp in a front wheel drive car might be a tad excessive, especially for a new driver. Don't mean to play nagging parent but common there's gonna be a point where it no longer becomes effecient and i think u passed it about 100 bhp ago.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:52 PM   #78
T-Bird
Regular User

well he should beef up the tranny now and quit working on HP so that shit doesn't snap an axle. It will be great at the strip but it won't be able to handle too well with much more power.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:29 PM   #79
dangerously_cool
Regular User

It's more like 400bhp, but who's counting? To say that I haven't modded the suspension would be a lie, one need only read the beginning, but that's asking a bit much, isn't it. Sixteen years old and you're nagging me? I'm a wee bit older, so shut your ass up.
Mopar S3 Coilovers
Perrin Rear Sway bar
Energy suspension shortened endlinks
polyurethane bushings
Lowered 1.5 inches rear, 1 inch front
Konig Verdict 18x7.5 rims
Michelin Pilot Sport 235 40 18's (the widest that fit on the car without flaring the fenders)
Mopar Limited Slip differential
Custom Rear control arms are going on soon as well, they're in my garage.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:42 PM   #80
T-Bird
Regular User

never said you didn't do suspension but you should invest in some heavy duty Trannsmission parts especially half shafts so they son't snap in half when you lay on it one day. No matter how good a suspension is though FWD is VERY limited on handling when alot of HP/Torque is applied because it has to do the turning, most of the braking and the driving, it can only take soo much before one day it says "Fuck You" and throws drivetrain parts through the engine bay or hopefully out the bottom of the car.

BTW why did you install a muffler on the car?
it was already pretty much straight pipes.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:21 AM   #81
5vz-fe
Regular User

I think Jeremy once complain and Alfa having 240 on the front wheels is too much. That's at the crank.....and now 340 at the wheels....OMG, no LSD or suspension bits will able to help the torque steer. Hey man, I say it's about time you stop before everything starting to break.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:30 AM   #82
T-Bird
Regular User

If you read his post he has an LSD and new Suspension but the drivetrain won't hold up and the actual cornering will suck no matter what you do you can't lay down the throttle and turn with that much power on the same wheels.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:13 AM   #83
dangerously_cool
Regular User

The muffler was from a fix it ticket in Walnut Creek. The transmission is a beefy piece already, and I know that FWD is limited. the options for high performance RWD are few, and when I bought the car, the 24 year old mustang chassis didn't beckon to me. Axles will go, but not quite yet, it isn't powerful enough, so I've got time. I've done my homework, you'd be surprised how few have destroyed their cars, the stock internals are good for over 535whp, and the transmission on that car was stock, as well as the transmission on every 400whp SRT-4 yet tuned. Axles are the next bit that I need, but the torque isn't high enough to snap these yet.
Torque steer isn't remarkably bad. There are 450whp street driven SRT-4's wherein the only difference in suspension bits are the axles.
EDIT: When my Axles go I'll admit you were right, but I know the car. The drivetrain will hold up. The tires spin before the axles snap, and I don't drive on slicks.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:39 AM   #84
dangerously_cool
Regular User

Car is down for the count. My friend backed his minivan into my car when I was parked, the intercooler bent into the radiator support beam which buckled and bent the radiator. A mess is following in terms of fund sourcing. Not surprisingly I'd like to allocate the funds from a different source than his parents....
Old 09-08-2004, 12:47 AM   #85
T-Bird
Regular User

that sucks man.
A kid from school blew his tranny (same car) trying to do a burnout it was fucking hilarious. (sadly I didn't have the camera that day)
And the best part is it was only 5 days old and had a voided warranty already so he's fucked. I'll try to get pics when we pull his tranny in the next few weeks
I hope you can get your's fixed with out much money out of your (dad's) pocket.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:59 AM   #86
dangerously_cool
Regular User

No parenthesis. My pocket. That sucks for your friend's tranny. Unfortunately any money I pay will be of my own pocket. Not my dad's. Take pics of the tranny rebuilding.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:11 AM   #87
T-Bird
Regular User

Not a friend he's kind of a ricer wannabe jackass that's why I was laughing my ass off when it happened. It smelled like shit.
He knows nothing about the car he was saying the engine is 100% Mitsubishi with an EVO VIII turbo and it was the same tranny without the rear wheels hooked up to it. He took the car and sent it to a local RICE shop and let them do little BS things and I doubt they actually tuned it.
Sadly there are quite a few ricers in my class all with crappy looking Honda's and one with a nice looking Neon that doesn't work
It was funny one of them was ripping on my car saying it had a tiny little 6 in it and that he could take me any day and I set his ass straight explaining he had a Prelude with just an intake Fart can and timming gears let alone the poorly fitting Skyline body kit, and I had a V8 NOT a V6. He couldn't keep up pulling out of the campus. I'm not saying my car is blazzingly fast but it sure isn't slow.
About the (dad's) part I assumed that you would have to ask him to borrow money to get it fixed. I asked my dad to "loan" (with 0.0% APR) me money to get my new Tranny/driveshaft in a few weeks because I don't want to touch my savings until I'm out of school and they understand that.

BTW any pics?
Old 09-08-2004, 02:02 AM   #88
dangerously_cool
Regular User

My charger for the camera went mia, but if the shop has a camera when I go, I'll borrow it and take them. With the front fascia on, little can be seem, except some scratches (which couldn't, apparently, have been made by the minivan), maybe I hit you know, a divine wind or something, that pushed my intercooler into the radiator, also, kinda funny, there's this 1 cm cube punched into it, and this apparently couldn't have been caused by the minivan. I must've hit some children playing with marbles. I simply want a new intercooler that's not bent into the radiator support beam and with smashed fins and a hole. I'd also like a new radiator, and my frame put back to the way it was...only three weeks after I get it tuned, this shit has to happen. I have to stop making fun of cripples...
Old 09-12-2004, 07:36 PM   #89
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

very nice modifications
congratulations