Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 07-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #76
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by topgeartom
Just thought id add a little update:

Had the car rolling roaded at a place near me which had just taken delivery of a £50k dyno dynamics rr.

It made 133bhp atf, somewhere around the 110 atw IRC

Not bad for a 11 year old 1.8 lump thats been thrashed from day 1, with only a decat and cat back exhaust system.

Torque curve is remarkably linear too.

I love how you can see the spike in power after the car comes on cam at around 4500

110 at the wheels.. not bad.. - I do believe my 1994 V4 750c RC45 motorbike made about that much power..

But I digress - do these folks offer any sort of tuning services to go alomg with the Fifty Quid for the Dyno run?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #77
topgeartom
Regular User

Paul at RS Tuning who carried out the dyno run and who owns the business is widely regarded as one of the best renaultsport tuners out there, he offers remaps based on his own maps hes developed for the various renaultsports in varing states of tune and also livemaps tailered not only to individual modifications but also the the specific engine itself, as RS's are notorious for having engines which produce relatively wildly varying outputs from the manufacturers quoted figure.

I think he charges around £350 for a custom remap tailored to your mods and somewhere over the £500 mark for a livemap session.

He certainly isnt cheap but its been proven his work produces the biggest gains with the max. durability and practicality. Most of the 172/182 boys wont be seen dead without a rs tuning remap.