Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 01-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
sivsk
Regular User

Default Finally Got The M3 back on the road

Hey Guys,

You remember the pics of the M3 in my garage, basically looking like crap, it had been in there for 4 odd years....

Well my New Years resolution was to get it back on the road as soon as possible this year..... and i did it, with help if three great mechanincs and alot of elbow grease, bear in mind folks there is'nt a dealer near me for 1200 miles......

credit to the old girls she did'nt deteriorate much, we had nightmares of the engine not wanting to fire at all, seized AR Racing callipers which would have been a real nightmare for me to have sourced to get over here!! The suspension which is a Schnitzer fully adjustable, if the boots had cracked cos of the heat and humidity, i'd have been in real trouble.

Anyhow she's back and running very sweetly, everything works including the Air Con, humid here we might to had replace the cooling coil or even the Evaporator, but no leaks in the system and all is well......

Well actually not all, seems like a rat chewed a few wires for the ABS, getting the wiring Diagram for that, once that is done.... great!

This really is a massive day for me, the car was off the road for nigh 5 years, it all started with a failed fuel pump.

only other thing left to spruce up the interior and get the seats done up.

Anyhow took it out today, got massive stares all over the place, cos if youremember the pics i posted of where i live and you look at the front spoiler you'll know why they were staring... maybe thinking PRAT....

Anyhow i'm happy and alot more miles to be added to the car.

[img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]
sivsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
ViperASR
Regular User

wow, I couldnt imagine letting a car like that sit for nearly 5 years :shock: . I love the color, and even the front end. The interior is awesome with the racing seats. The car looks like alot of fun to drive . I imagine you changed all the fluids and such sense they had been sitting for so long.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

Thank god you put it back on the road sivsk or it will be a terrible waste. Good job dude!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
sivsk
Regular User

Yeah Viper, Changed the lot from, Engine oil, brake fluids which then had to be bled, that was tricky since the bleeding nipples were a little rusty and needed alot of TLC. Power steering oil, diff oil, coolant (surprisingly in not bad condition) but draines system flushed and refilled. Gearbox oil was also in good nick, had to take the fuel tankout and clean it, as it was full of grime and particles of sediment of fuel, that we dont imagine so had to replace the fuel filter as well...

Oh sorry going on, but you learn new things eneryday, the M3 fuel tanl is a single unit but sepearated as the propshaft runs through it, so there is a fuel pump one side, and in the other side a seperate tank level unit which sucks fuel over to the otherside when it gets to a certain level, well there is a bit of membrane that was split so no vacumn was there to suck over the fuel, so basically the car was running on half a tank only. Had to remove that unit, and used an adhesive araldite compound to put the membrane back in place. All works so ok. However to be on the safe side i ordered a new unit just incase......
Old 01-18-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
sivsk
Regular User

Thanks 5vz-fe, i just kept looking at it for ages felt so bad, finally got the time to sit and get it done, have to thank 3 great mechanics though samuel, john & shaji..... made the whole job so much easier.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #6
deuces
Regular User

nice work man it looks brand new.
deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #7
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

That rearbumper looks just awesome with the carbon fibre (is it?) Cool car!
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:55 PM   #8
ae86_16v
Regular User

Good job Sivsk. Yeah I remember you had your car sit for a while. Glad that M3 doesn't deserve to sit in the garage .

I just posted pass 110k miles on mine already .

How are your roads there? I don't think that front splitter/lip will survive US roads. First speed bump it is coming right off. . . haha.

I am sooo jealous of your wheels. Those look great! Are thos 18s?

Looking foward to a proper photoshoot .
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #9
gis
Regular User

5 years with an M3 sat there doing nothing? lol how did you cope,lol

glad to see it back on the road

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:09 PM   #10
ARMAN
Regular User

Good to hear you got it back on rails with that spoiler lip I wouldnt drive even on the czech roads no wonder people stared at you

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #11
TT
Regular User

Good news!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #12
sameerrao
Regular User

Car looks real nice now. Good job on the fixes. Your front splitter looks really low -don't you have issues with speedbreakers and potholes?

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:02 AM   #13
sivsk
Regular User

Thanks guys for the +'ves.

Yeah well happy with it. Will drive it now so she don't get out of shape again, unless i fall into a pot hole. Only other thing i'm gonna have to do is make sure i stay in shape with zero fat especially arround the pecs area. Reason well the roads right infront of my place are, how can i say rippled and cos the suspension is stiff, well ya chest gets a work out cos it is jumping and skipping, good job thats only like for a 100m then the national Highway!

Stoopie yeah the rear diffuser is carbon fibre, atleast that has ground clearance so no worries.

ae86_16v: 110k mmm sounds like that should be well run in now!!!!! But the great thing about them is that they keep on going. mine is 92K miles of which 91567 was done back in England the rest well barely 440 miles here......
ops:

The wheels are 18's with Yoko S1Z's 225/ 40 upfront and 255/35 at the back. The wheel arch lips were rolled out so no probs. Yeah cant drive it everywhere but i live just 5 mins from the main highway and that is a flat road so no worries i can stretch the legs there!!

gis mate it was well rough just seeing it get more shabby. anyhow all in the past, virtually as good as new but a few more things to tidy up.

Arman yeah i get the pointed fingers and smiles...... when they see the splitter but so far so good.... and no i wont post pics if i rip the front end off..... i'lll just lie

Thamar i'm in Kerala. The capital Trivandrum. so if need any help or advice just ask ok. Hope she has a good time, its a nice place to visit......

sameerrao yeah but luckily the speed bumps arround town are'nt that big and i can get over them. BUt i cant drive it everywhere usually have to plan a route, but like i said the highway is just 5 mins away and that road is perfect it was only laid like 5 months ago......

i'll put up pics of the car on the road road......
Old 01-19-2007, 07:12 PM   #14
BACR
Regular User

WOW looks cool, glad to hear you got it back on the road.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #15
TopGearNL
Regular User

Good job on putting it on the road again!

I have to say it looks pretty good!

Hope you enjoy it very much!