Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

View Poll Results: Do you like my car?
Yes, its nice 25 60.98%
No, its sucks 16 39.02%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2004, 12:56 AM   #31
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

Originally Posted by Boltz
Since i dont have a video of my car yet, ill post these for you guys to check out.

supra- pt67. 520-540rwhp, 17psi.

civic- 520whp. 25psi. sc61. 1.9L built gsr.

Race 1- http://www.cheesefrog.com/frog/supra...ebeast_01.mpeg

Race 2- http://www.cheesefrog.com/frog/supra...ebeast_02.mpeg

Dyno- http://www.cheesefrog.com/frog/badbluebeastdyno.mpeg

links are down on the last two, ill try to fix it.
I got a video of your Civic racing a 10 second viper on the street.You car really got me thinking.What I really want to know,How much did it cost you to do something like that to a civic?(you completely rebuilt the motor so it would have got easy got over 10 grand)
I never been a fan of honda civic,And I'll never will be.But If you can produce 550bhp on the wheels..I wonder what I can pull out of a Volvo 850 T5R?
Old 02-08-2004, 01:13 AM   #32
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

Im still a teenager and need a loud attention grabbing in your face kind of car because(im going to be honest) I like getting the looks that I get in my car, and the girls seem to like it a lot too... trust me 8)
Thats pretty wrong Attitude to have.The reason people look at it,when you drive past them,they proably roll there eys :roll: and shake there heads going whats the point, its a civic and sounds like shit(because I have seen CRX with 3 inch stainless steel exhuast that is turbo ain't so great,My mates laugh at it....You don't need a loud car to be seen.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:12 AM   #33
gis
Regular User

^^^ i think thats a wrong attitude.personally i dont think civics sound to bad,neither do integras even the s2000,they all sound the same.its when people just buy a HUGE exhaust and thats it,everythin else goes to exterior mods.therefore they get the title "all show no go" just sound and it isnt goin anywere,Boltz civic on the other hand is the opposite,he putas his foot down he is gonna move,maybe spinning the wheels for a few seconds,lol but he is gonna move.therefore he can back up the noise

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 11:35 AM   #34
Domyalex
Regular User

Nice Civic dude! I am a big, big fan of japanese cars.
Is it HB or sedan? How many hp are you getting out of the 1.6 SOHC?
I wonder however why you didn't mod an SiR or VTI; a friend of mine has a '98 Civic HB with VTI running 16psi (1.1 bar) and it just flies low....
Keep it clean
Old 02-08-2004, 02:25 PM   #35
graywolf624
Regular User

just buy a HUGE exhaust and thats it,everythin else goes to exterior mods.therefore they get the title "all show no go" just sound and it isnt goin
I think you misunderstood. Boltz there said he was going for the loud attention grabbing. Thats what we are upset about. My camaro is loud by nature. That doesn't mean it is a design goal of mine to make it louder.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 03:19 PM   #36
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
^^^ i think thats a wrong attitude.personally i dont think civics sound to bad,neither do integras even the s2000,they all sound the same.its when people just buy a HUGE exhaust and thats it,everythin else goes to exterior mods.therefore they get the title "all show no go" just sound and it isnt goin anywere,Boltz civic on the other hand is the opposite,he putas his foot down he is gonna move,maybe spinning the wheels for a few seconds,lol but he is gonna move.therefore he can back up the noise
Yeah its only when the turbo spools,and the engine is rev past 5700rpm he can back it up.And the power comes into play(proably alot of wheel spin as well).

Still my point was, being teenager and having a car that can be heard for a mile is the wrong attitude even with a high performance vehicle..A girl that I worked with back last year did the same thing to her civic..She bought a turbo kit for 6 grand,(stage 1 I guess) and it was very loud,Louder then my cousins brothers V8 commodore.This thing was like 97db.Far over the limit(the limit for exhuast noise is 78db) and its the same model as Cheesefrog here.It was a huge Stainless exhaust and its bigger than my mates R31 skyline and his 3ltr 6 cyclindar (2 1/2 inch) and hers was 1.6ltr 4 cyclindar with a 3inch cannon,she got busted later on by the police for far too loud exhaust.There is nothing wrong having a loud car If it doesn't break the law.

heavy modified cars comes very powerful sounding engines, powerful sounding engines are loud.....
Thats statement is a tricky one...V8 supercars run at 88db exhuast noise or they get fine for breaking that rule.They are 600hp racing cars.The Nissan Skyline GTR R32 600hp monster I saw at Bathurst last year wasn't that aloud,And it had a 3 inch stainless exhuast and it wasn't as loud as the V8 supercars..Only thing I can think of that is really loud are drag cars that run straight out pipes that produce 3000hp.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:35 PM   #37
gis
Regular User

really i think we would have to see a video ir Boltz's civic,just see how loud the thing actually is

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:49 AM   #38
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

I can only hear the viper(because the camera is in it).In the video I have.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:26 AM   #39
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

very clean lookin' civic. nice color and body kit.
a lot of the rice-burners (and all other compacts) in my area are sadly and helplessly lost in a world of stickers and stereos, no performance to back up the look....
Old 02-17-2004, 11:47 PM   #40
Boltz
Regular User

I haven't checked this thread in a while, but in reply to a few of your posts.

greywolf - I don't want an online war with you but seriously, give me a break. I already had a civic, which is cheap insurance. I knew a lot about hondas and knew good honda tuners in the area. I had my motor built and threw on my turbo kit. If you know about turbos you will know that the best exhaust in a turbo car is no exhaust, which is why i have a 3" straight pipe from the turbo to muffler and an open dumptube. If you put the dumptube more than 8 inches away from the turbo in the downpipe you can be quiet without losing power but, do you care to pay for it? didn't think so.

Also I have to comment one more time on loud cars... IMO, when driving a car that is loud upon WOT it gives you a better connection to the car and whats going on inside the motor, and also is more fun.

If you don't like me I don't care, If you do like me I still don't care... But judging my attitude by a few internet posts is rediculous :roll: . The internet is an easy place to be mis-interpreted, now lets go our seperate ways and mind each others business...

To everyone else, it is a CIVIC EX COUPE, (SiR in canada) sohc vtec

The car is recieving a makeover as we speak.

1) I took off the entire body kit and replaced it with stock bumpers and sideskirts.
2) Perfected all the body work
3) Shaved all Honda emblems
4) Shaved the stock spoiler
5) Added Civic TypeR grille and front bumper lip. Along with Civic Si red/clear taillights and Civic TypeR headlights
6) Car is all primered up and waiting for the rest of the bumpers to be prepped, it is sitting in the paint booth as we speak.
7) Change of color !! Keeper Maroon mettallic basecoat, Candy reveered red topcoat, A few tricks of the trade

I am extremely excited to finish because the color will be amazing, I will post pics for you guys once I finish

Laters 0X
Old 02-17-2004, 11:55 PM   #41
graywolf624
Regular User

If you don't like me I don't care, If you do like me I still don't care... But judging my attitude by a few internet posts is rediculous . The internet is an easy place to be mis-interpreted, now lets go our seperate ways and mind each others business...
Sigh.. and I quote:
Im still a teenager and need a loud attention grabbing in your face kind of car because(im going to be honest) I like getting the looks that I get in my car, and the girls seem to like it a lot too... trust me ":
That is the attitude I don't like. I'm not judging you by anything else. That is an attitude. I couldn't care less about your car cause I don't do drag racing and frankly I'm not even criticizing you for it. This isn't about flames or anything. IT is that people your age like loud attention grabbing cars that disgusts me. I have an issue with that attitude. Your entitled to do it if you wish, but if thats your reason me and my friends will continue to laugh at your cars.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:20 AM   #42
graywolf624
Regular User

If you know about turbos you will know that the best exhaust in a turbo car is no exhaust, which is why i have a 3" straight pipe from the turbo to muffler and an open dumptube. If you put the dumptube more than 8 inches away from the turbo in the downpipe you can be quiet without losing power but, do you care to pay for it? didn't think so.
Yes but you are losing power by dumping into the engine bay.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:39 PM   #43
i_hate_the_enzo
Regular User

well if you ask me, to tell you the truth, ive never really liked civics all that much, but that ones pretty nice, youve impressed me, good job...i hope to see some more of those pics in the future
i_hate_the_enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 12:14 AM   #44
Boltz
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
If you don't like me I don't care, If you do like me I still don't care... But judging my attitude by a few internet posts is rediculous . The internet is an easy place to be mis-interpreted, now lets go our seperate ways and mind each others business...
Sigh.. and I quote:
Im still a teenager and need a loud attention grabbing in your face kind of car because(im going to be honest) I like getting the looks that I get in my car, and the girls seem to like it a lot too... trust me ":
That is the attitude I don't like. I'm not judging you by anything else. That is an attitude. I couldn't care less about your car cause I don't do drag racing and frankly I'm not even criticizing you for it. This isn't about flames or anything. IT is that people your age like loud attention grabbing cars that disgusts me. I have an issue with that attitude. Your entitled to do it if you wish, but if thats your reason me and my friends will continue to laugh at your cars.

Thats fine, ill still continue to laugh at camaros with my friends. But to all his own .

my external dumptube isnt killing power for me, the exhaust goes right under the car

Laters
Old 02-20-2004, 12:19 AM   #45
graywolf624
Regular User

my external dumptube isnt killing power for me, the exhaust goes right under the car
Where are you routing your dump tube to? I can't see from the picture.

If it goes into the engine bay you are killing power. If it goes out forwards of the front tires you are screwing up your handling. Otherwise your just annoying the local constable.