Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

View Poll Results: Do you like my car?
Yes, its nice 25 60.98%
No, its sucks 16 39.02%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2004, 03:46 AM   #16
snacky
Regular User

Originally Posted by hgt
I think your M3 is still more interesting car. At least 4 me. Yeah you can make the Civic be powered by the propper wheels, but then you'd have to drive in reverse.

Welcome, and have fun.
I used to do reverse donuts in a 80 hp fwd hatch. imagine the donuts that 500+ hp civic can do !!!! MUHHAAHA

No stickers, no wings, no neon lights, no hooker plaques = not rice
Old 01-07-2004, 02:43 PM   #17
Boltz
Regular User

around 1 bar.... gonna go for maybe upto 1.5 bar at the track in the spring...

the dumbtube isn't rerouted because I just haven't got around to messing with it yet...

im either going to

1) reroute it into the downpipe

2) make the tube longer and have it coming out the side of my front bumper right infront of my tire :shock: that way i can shoot some fire on my opponent
Old 01-08-2004, 02:39 AM   #18
Boltz
Regular User

heheh, so far its ok.... the car is going to be sick in the spring

thanks for the votes guys
Old 01-08-2004, 02:39 AM   #19
Boltz
Regular User

btw. what do you drive brembo?
Old 01-08-2004, 05:50 PM   #20
graywolf624
Regular User

Well a couple of comments..
"civic is the most underated SUPERCAR in the WORLD

if tune rite can be a beast on the straight and on the track
"

yeah, sure whatever.. supercar.. thats like saying my iroc is a supercar.. Even if you dump a million dollars into it. It is still a civic. Not to mention the civic is by no means cheap to make a fast car. I guarentee this guy spent quite a bit. A fast car can be made with any platform. I've seen a 9000 dollar pinto run 9s.. Does that make it a super car?

Is it rice?

Well I find the front lights and front clip tacky as hell. The car is also not going to be fast around corners. And personally I think the red engine hoses are stupid. (no offense meant, I am just being honest). That being said if the car has 500 hp it isn't rice. It may have torque steer out its ass (who knows..) and it certainly wouldn't keep up with a 500 hp rwd car. That being said it's different and fast. There doesnt appear to be many anti performance parts on the car(aka stock brakes with big wheels, huge rear wing, ect) so it isn't rice. To each his own. I'd never build anything up in that market for fear of being associated with ricers, but I respect you for the car you've built.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:22 PM   #21
gottacatchup
Regular User

well done it actually is a fast car not just something with at body kit
Old 01-10-2004, 04:35 PM   #22
crazidude
Regular User

Nice Civic. Nothing like my neighbors loud piece of crap. Yeah I'd say the SRT-4 would be a good choice.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 12:21 AM   #23
Boltz
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Well a couple of comments..
Even if you dump a million dollars into it. It is still a civic. Not to mention the civic is by no means cheap to make a fast car. I guarentee this guy spent quite a bit.

Well I find the front lights and front clip tacky as hell. The car is also not going to be fast around corners. And personally I think the red engine hoses are stupid. and it certainly wouldn't keep up with a 500 hp rwd car. That being said it's different and fast. To each his own. I'd never build anything up in that market for fear of being associated with ricers, but I respect you for the car you've built.
If i did dump a million dollars in it it would be faster than a banshee whichever way you threw it, and yes it would still be a civic.. but at that point, no matter what platform you started with it would be a rediculous supercar.

The civic can be a quick car for cheap, but spending the least amount of money and going to fastest wasnt my plan... Yes I did spend quite a bit of money, every penny I had to be exact ( over 10,000$ USA in go fast goodies alone)

The front lights and body kit are out of the picture for next season....

I bet you would be very suprised how well my car handles for a civic.

As for the red hoses? the stock ones were dirty, so i just covered them up

Im still a teenager and need a loud attention grabbing in your face kind of car because(im going to be honest) I like getting the looks that I get in my car, and the girls seem to like it a lot too... trust me 8)
Old 01-11-2004, 01:04 AM   #24
graywolf624
Regular User

"If i did dump a million dollars in it it would be faster than a banshee whichever way you threw it, and yes it would still be a civic.. but at that point, no matter what platform you started with it would be a rediculous supercar. "

No.. It wouldn't be. A supercar isn't just defined by it's ability. My iroc will never be a supercar and neither will your civic(even if either of us dropped a fortune into the vehicle).

"The civic can be a quick car for cheap, but spending the least amount of money and going to fastest wasnt my plan... Yes I did spend quite a bit of money, every penny I had to be exact ( over 10,000$ USA in go fast goodies alone)"

Yes and no. It can be good for a cheap car below a certain point. However as with all fwd cars it doesnt have the performance per dollar of a rwd car or a car that was built for performance in the first place.

"I bet you would be very suprised how well my car handles for a civic. "

You don't understand what type of handling I am talking about here. None of us were refering to good for a road car or average car.

For perspective my camaro handled better then a stock civic from the start. I have spent almost as much on suspension as you have on engine and I would term my suspension as good, not great. I handle in the neighborhood of the m3 with everything I have done when it is working properly(both with the correct tires for the track). I consider that car base line for what is a good handling car. (I can go a further and am working on it. 5000 dollars down, 15000 more to go.)

"Im still a teenager and need a loud attention grabbing in your face kind of car because(im going to be honest) I like getting the looks that I get in my car, and the girls seem to like it a lot too... trust me "

Honestly that type of attitude bugs me. I won't make further comments on it because it isn't my right to say anything on that.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:06 AM   #25
zevolv
Regular User

It's a nice car not some over done ugly ass car
Old 01-15-2004, 03:21 PM   #26
Boltz
Regular User

your judging my attitude by an internet post? Thats rediculous. you obviously like loud cars too, you do own a camaro....

and BTW: If you wanted a car to roadrace and were planning on spending 10g's on the suspension alone what the hell were you thinking buying a camaro?

saying your stock camaro can outhandle a stock civic isnt saying much. The car when it was stock was an economy car that was slow, had understeer and too much body roll. VS. rwd 8cyl sports car... whoopdy doo
Old 01-15-2004, 04:00 PM   #27
graywolf624
Regular User

"your judging my attitude by an internet post? Thats rediculous. you obviously like loud cars too, you do own a camaro....

and BTW: If you wanted a car to roadrace and were planning on spending 10g's on the suspension alone what the hell were you thinking buying a camaro?
"

This is exactly why I avoided comment. I didn't judge your attitude by the internet. You told me your interested in noise. I didn't buy the iroc to be loud. I wouldn't design my car to be loud. I bought my car for performance. I couldn't give a hoot about loud(just look at my daily driver). I will avoid commenting one more time in the hopes that you will drop it.

As for your road racing comment. That camaro your knocking is one of the cheapest cars to make a road racer. The key is to use a car that is disposable. I get into an accident, I strip off the parts and start over. The car is extremely fast and handles great. I'd have a higher potential with a z06 but I am unwilling to deal with the cost of a mistake.

And the last point ... "
saying your stock camaro can outhandle a stock civic isnt saying much. The car when it was stock was an economy car that was slow, had understeer and too much body roll. VS. rwd 8cyl sports car... whoopdy doo"

That is exactly the point I was trying to make. We were talking about whether the civic handled well. We weren't talking about how it handled for a civic.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:54 AM   #28
Boltz
Regular User

I never said I like noise. If you read the whole post you will realize that im either going to route the dumptube into the exhaust to make it more quiet, or just take it out the bumper for fun. Either way money is stopping me right now....

BUT if you think I did all of this to my car to be loud your crazy. With heavy modified cars comes very powerful sounding engines, powerful sounding engines are loud.....

If I wanted to be loud i would have bought a 5" ricecan and cut my springs :roll:
Old 01-16-2004, 02:09 PM   #29
graywolf624
Regular User

"I never said I like noise. If you read the whole post you will realize that im either going to route the dumptube into the exhaust to make it more quiet, or just take it out the bumper for fun. Either way money is stopping me right now....
"
"Im still a teenager and need a loud attention grabbing in your face kind of car because(im going to be honest) I like getting the looks that I get in my car, and the girls seem to like it a lot too... trust me ":

That is the attitude I don't like. This is me one last time saying it is best we don't go any further into my opinions.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #30
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

I definatey would of spent the money tuning the e36 M3 rather than a civic..
but that's just me..