Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 09-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
Daggernite
Regular User

Default 2005 Ford Fiesta ST

Finally im glad to present my pride and joy, my Fiesta ST.

Custom shot

A Bit of info

Ex demo car, with 2000 miles when I got it. Its still perfect in every way and has a warrenty and free servicing for peace of mind. Its a fun little car which takes corners very nicely indeed, and on the straight its not too bad either. Pulls good, sounds good, and im very pleased since I've been a fiesta fan ever since my first car (the mk3 fiesta)

Hope you all like the pictures.

And here the vid since noone seems to have noticed it in my other thread

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daggern...ggernitest.wmv

Last edited by TT; 02-09-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #2
topgeartom
Regular User

Looks mega dude, the white really suits it.

Get it de-catted and a cat-back zorst system and the thing will sound awesome.

EDIT - Just seen the video, sounds good dude looks pretty quick too, but what road is that it looks awesome. Reminds me of the road over the North York moors to Whitby.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
LotusGT1
Regular User

Fun car, great looks. Have fun with it.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #4
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by topgeartom

EDIT - Just seen the video, sounds good dude looks pretty quick too, but what road is that it looks awesome. Reminds me of the road over the North York moors to Whitby.
Its a road here in west yorkshire just out of Huddersfield Town, its a very nice road with straights, twisties, great view and so on. Its still up in the moors though.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #5
TopGearNL
Regular User

Very neat looking car

Hope you have lots of fun with it!
Old 09-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite

Its a road here in west yorkshire just out of Huddersfield Town, its a very nice road with straights, twisties, great view and so on. Its still up in the moors though.
Haha i think i drove that on my pass pluss course, im up in Bradford (Shortly to be Leeds when i go to uni this Saturday) My best friend is going to huddersfield uni, i was gonna go there myself as my 2nd choice. When i get my car back on the road ill have to take a drive down that way early one sunday morning!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:04 PM   #7
Daggernite
Regular User

Haha i think i drove that on my pass pluss course, im up in Bradford (Shortly to be Leeds when i go to uni this Saturday) My best friend is going to huddersfield uni, i was gonna go there myself as my 2nd choice. When i get my car back on the road ill have to take a drive down that way early one sunday morning!
Tell your friend to keep an eye out for Dean Noble hes my brother, hes off to Hudds Uni too. And yes, if you do come down one sunday, that particular road is dead quiet and on a sunny day its just a really nice place to be with your car. I maybe be roaming about, I'll keep my eye out for your Clio.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #8
topgeartom
Regular User

Have you got the road number, ive had a scout on google earth and it looks like theres a few good roads around there.

Ill tell my mate to keep his eyes peeled, and ill let you know if im down in your area.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:02 PM   #9
Daggernite
Regular User

Look for the A640 which goes west from huddersfield town center. Follow it to New heys road. its a long straights until it becomes huddersfield road. In the video I was heading back towards huddersfield.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:23 AM   #10
Mattk
Regular User

That car looks absolutely awesome. The Fiesta ST seems a relatively affordable compact car which packs a mean punch. Hope you enjoy it.

Tell your friend to keep an eye out for Dean Noble hes my brother, hes off to Hudds Uni too.
Wow, there's not much chance of two strangers spotting each other in uni.

Get it de-catted...
Is that not illegal in the UK?
Old 09-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #11
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk
Get it de-catted...
Ermm..*shuffle* *Caugh* Maybe *Caugh*
Old 09-14-2006, 11:36 AM   #12
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk
That car looks absolutely awesome. The Fiesta ST seems a relatively affordable compact car which packs a mean punch. Hope you enjoy it.

Tell your friend to keep an eye out for Dean Noble hes my brother, hes off to Hudds Uni too.
Wow, there's not much chance of two strangers spotting each other in uni.

Get it de-catted...
Even the ford saleman mentioned de-catting it he may not admit it though. And there is a chance of them bumping into each other, you never know.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:30 PM   #13
Daggernite
Regular User

^^The stripes in the end, aint going to happen... Maybe the side stripes though. Id definatly like to go rallye-style but at the momment I need to let my bank account grow. Firstly though I think Im going to get the power increased to 171bhp with pumaspeeds air filter and exhaust pakage. Then I'll leave it at that for awhile, but I definatly want some white alloys now you mention it.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:38 PM   #14
topgeartom
Regular User

^^The stripes in the end, aint going to happen... Maybe the side stripes though. Id definatly like to go rallye-style but at the momment I need to let my bank account grow. Firstly though I think Im going to get the power increased to 171bhp with pumaspeeds air filter and exhaust pakage. Then I'll leave it at that for awhile, but I definatly want some white alloys now you mention it.
Sounds like a huge rise for just a filter and zorst combo. I assume the exhaust system includes a cat by-pass as surely just a freer flowing exhaust wont free up 20bhp. Air filters dont add much HP at all - in fact on most cars they decrease power due to heat soak, i know the one i had on mine when i bought it did.

For 21bhp increase youd have to be looking at a de-cat, full system and a new manifold to see those figures. Maybe even a remap as well.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #15
Daggernite
Regular User

Sounds like a huge rise for just a filter and zorst combo. I assume the exhaust system includes a cat by-pass as surely just a freer flowing exhaust wont free up 20bhp. Air filters dont add much HP at all - in fact on most cars they decrease power due to heat soak, i know the one i had on mine when i bought it did.

For 21bhp increase youd have to be looking at a de-cat, full system and a new manifold to see those figures. Maybe even a remap as well.
Well I dont blame you for thinking that, because that usually is the case. But it seems ford was taking the piss when it comes to the stock exhaust system. Im not mechanic but the exhaust is supposidly only 5cm wide at one point. Not sure what that means but its not meant to be good. So when an acutal good exhaust its put on with a air filter, the effect is mean to be alot greater than other cars.

Check it out yourself her at www.pumaspeed.co.uk. Also these clams are backed up with dyno results and many members over at the www.fiestastoc.com forum.

EDIT

Im having a bloody hard time find stuff on the site now. But what I was saying about the stock FiestaST exhaust system only been 5cm wide at one point. Well this is the part that is meant to cure that.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.php?id=145

Good results from just that alone, just alot of money too

So yeah with a complete exhaust and filter I should see some result I think. I hope. But im not doing anything for a while yet. I believe you should get to know you car from stock first so you know what you are building upon.

ANOTHER EDIT

There we go thats what I meant