Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 09-15-2007, 06:00 PM   #106
oscargarza88
Regular User

ok here are some pics and some videos of the auto-x...

before:

After:

(*i changed the amber bulb to the crome one, not seen in pic)
Sway bar comparison (front):

I wil take some more shots, i am currently out o town, away from the car so i cant take pics of it but i will take some soon...
Comments are welcome
enjoy
thanks1
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:40 PM   #107
oscargarza88
Regular User

you are right about the auto-x... its alot of work too... and just a few quick runs...
you have a nice setup there!
i actually have a shifer kart that i amplanning on selling for like 2k so i was trying to decide what to do witht he money... what do u think? (besides dp)
And that race track, where is it located at? the internet page didnt work too well..
thanks
Old 09-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #108
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by wackary
Originally Posted by oscargarza88
you are right about the auto-x... its alot of work too... and just a few quick runs...
you have a nice setup there!
i actually have a shifer kart that i amplanning on selling for like 2k so i was trying to decide what to do witht he money... what do u think? (besides dp)
I would get a nice set of coilovers. The car has plenty o' power, eh? go for suspension parts! Then you can pin it flat out and hang on with more control.
thats exactly what im thinkin actually thats why i said (except the dp), ive been thinkin about it and flooring it in a staight line is fun.. whatever, but takin a turn fast on the limit gets ur adrenaline pumping.. thats why i want to go for suspension parts...
Coilovers sound like a good idea but i honestly havent heard of a set of great coilovers for the street... any recomendations?

About the kart, if u are really looking into buying karts i really do reccomend u this kart, it is a 2000 Tony Kart, its has a kawasaki 125cc engine, 6 speeds, 3 disk brakes, since i've had it (got it for my 15th b-day) i have only taken it to the track once and riden it around my neighborhood (back when there were no houses) twice, besides that it has been sitting in my garage. With a quick carb tune it should be ready to run. I hade to put bigger seat pushed further back a bit, and a new steering wheel.
let me know if u are interested and i will send u some pics.
It is in really really good ocndition.
thanks
Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #109
oscargarza88
Regular User

ok, so i have put a couple more things...
i bought a front lip.. it makes the car look a bit more agressive...
http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc01360sw1.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01361vs2.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01365ff9.jpg
and i have the e-brake boot and the armrest cover to match the swade black and blue of the interior... it havent finished installing the armrest cover so i dont have pics yet but i will post alter... what do u guys think of the car?

This comin weekend (3rd) there is the subaru challenge in the gulf greyhound park in houston... and me and a couple of buddies are gonna go to it, so i will be posting some pictures and video of that event...
Old 10-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #110
Zot09
Regular User

Nice lip!

If you're still looking for coilovers, I would recommend Tein Flex's with an EDFC, I've heard some pretty good things about that combo. You can adjust the damping of the car from inside, so if you want to soften up the suspension a bit on a harsh road, all you have to do is dial in a softer setting.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:46 PM   #111
Skaala
Regular User

+1 for sticking the STi wing back on

great looking and sounding car you got there
How much do they go for over there? I have scooby freinds that are eye humping this one, but they're over USD 100k (40.000kms on the clock) here.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:07 AM   #112
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by wackary
Originally Posted by Zot09
Nice lip!

If you're still looking for coilovers, I would recommend Tein Flex's with an EDFC, I've heard some pretty good things about that combo. You can adjust the damping of the car from inside, so if you want to soften up the suspension a bit on a harsh road, all you have to do is dial in a softer setting.
++agreed! The tein's are top on my list as well. The EDFC's are very trick with the ability to adust in the car, on the fly.
I am also a big Ohlins fan, probably because of my moto-history.
Yeah, in terms of flexibility you cannot get a better coilover thanks to the EDFC. But if you don't need the "on the fly" adjustability, I've also heard some good stuff about JIC.

EDIT: It seems as though Cusco also has a coilover with their own kind of EDFC.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:38 PM   #113
corvette97
Regular User

remember if you are going to buy coilovers...yo need to corner weight the car to get it balanced if not the coil wont do what they are capable of...

if i where you i would do basic 7 bars for the subaru (front strut, front sway, front lower tie bar, H brace, top strut bar, rear sway, and lower tie bar) and some TANABE gf210 i have those and 4 of the bars (cusco) and the car is as stiff as a board with tons of oversteer...

Cusco, tein and JIC are the best coils but fucken expensive...

now a want a MY06
Old 11-26-2007, 10:13 PM   #114
itsuki
Regular User

nice ride!
itsuki is offline   Reply With Quote