Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 02-05-2006, 07:53 PM   #16
gucom
Regular User

congratz m8 this series of BMW's is still pretty nice imo, after that they really started looking like fat pigs...but a nice car
Old 02-06-2006, 02:23 AM   #17
yg60m
Regular User

Congrats stradale, nice choice
Old 02-06-2006, 03:46 AM   #18
stradale
Regular User

Thanks for the comments! I just drove it to work and it's so much better a means of transportation than the cramped local train (with some moronic locals on board every time) and the bus (littered with school kids), which I used to take to get here. Plus, it's 30 minutes faster.

@ Dani: No mods planned. When I look around at other E36s, it's almost like it's one of the few to look original. Besides, I like the wheels. Somehow they don't really come across in pictures, but in reality they look nice. I'm not going to change the muffler either. The engine sounds great as it is. If I want to hear more of it, I'd rather change the intake than the exhaust.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:37 AM   #19
Shinigami
Regular User

Drive safe!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:57 AM   #20
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
great choice stradale, congrats

The only thing i can tell you to look out for is the rear tail light assemblies where the sockets lock into contact strips. The brake light sockets will begin to heat up and melt and pit the contact strips. It will cause an intermittent "one brake light fail" or similar message in the check control. Also, if you get a "Brake Light Circuit" message, the brake light switch is bad.

Other than that i don't think you'll have many problems with her Enjoy your new car
Thanks, Zfrk!

I did have a message about the brake lights in the check control, but they worked fine and check control is not. I heard it's prone to failure and I'm afraid mine is no exception.
I always have that message too
Old 02-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #21
MIHALS
Regular User

congrats stradale!!! nice car, looking like new, non-riced what else you can wish...?

I definitelly want to buy a BMW one day, so maybe an e36 will be the choice together with e39. I have some experience on the snow with rwd and can't wait to have some more

take care of your new baby!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #22
redbaron
Regular User

Congratulations Stradale, good looking car especially for that money.

I checked ou some 320i's myself and as you said, almost all of them are rised M3 wannabees or worse. This one looks really good, I agree with clear indicator lights at the front do look better. For this car however I think you will start to ruin the original look.

Have fun with it!!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #23
1zippo1
Regular User

Congrats!!! That's a real car enthousiast choice.

It seems to be in good state and the E36 styling is one that ages well IMO. I even think the status of the E36 is actually getting better because you don't see them around that often as before.

Enjoy it!!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #24
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
For your indicators & rear lights, www.offenga.nl I have some good experience with them and they're not expensive...
LOL! A friend of mine goes there for maintenance of his E34. Franeker is the place I grew up in, before I went to university. My parents live a stone's throw away from where Offenga is situated! Funny for it to be recommended by someone from Belgium then.

I haven't decided yet on what I am or am not going to change. First, I'll take care of the small spots of rust. Then we'll see. In any case, it's not going to be radical or out of the ordinary.

BTW, the car's dirty as hell again!
Old 02-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #25
bmwmpower
Regular User

nice car,thanks for pics
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #26
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by stradale
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
great choice stradale, congrats

The only thing i can tell you to look out for is the rear tail light assemblies where the sockets lock into contact strips. The brake light sockets will begin to heat up and melt and pit the contact strips. It will cause an intermittent "one brake light fail" or similar message in the check control. Also, if you get a "Brake Light Circuit" message, the brake light switch is bad.

Other than that i don't think you'll have many problems with her Enjoy your new car
Thanks, Zfrk!

I did have a message about the brake lights in the check control, but they worked fine and check control is not. I heard it's prone to failure and I'm afraid mine is no exception.
I always have that message too
LOL They really are alike, your Beemer and mine.

I paid better attention today and it says "checkcontrol inaktiv". It's inactive, but somehow it knows it is and tells you that. The longer you think about it, it makes less and less sense.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #27
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by redbaron
This one looks really good, I agree with clear indicator lights at the front do look better. For this car however I think you will start to ruin the original look.
That's exactly how I look at it. I don't know what it's going to be. Anyway, if I do decide to replace them, I'll keep the original ones with the car. Same with the steering wheel and so on.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:02 PM   #28
fireguy
Regular User

congrats! - i have a '95 320i (black on black) and you'll love taking on twisty roads with this car.........my car seems to get "smaller" and more agile the harder i push it through a bend good choice!
fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #29
sikx5
Regular User

Great looking ride dude, Car looks super clean. I bought my bro a set of clear lights for his E36 also, check out eBay :good:
Old 02-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #30
Wutputt
Regular User

Your first car is always something special. Enjoy it as much as you can
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote