Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 06-09-2005, 12:19 AM   #31
nthfinity
Regular User

welcome to Jabbasworld, Shinri!
that is one beautiful merc, and definately one of my favorites... that sound is simply amazing

and how cool, at first when i saw your location, i thougt TT told you about JW, definately very cool that you found it on your own 8)

hope you find this as good a home as so many of us have
Old 06-09-2005, 12:32 AM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Welcome Shinri

TT and Shinri sitting in a tree (or SLK) K-I-S-S-I-N-G...

Y'all have fun on the next outing...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 12:58 AM   #33
sentra_dude

Welcome!

Shinri, the two "acceleration" vids are awesome...everyone should check those out (if they haven't already ). Awesome sound coming from that V8, and damn fast too!

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:54 AM   #34
Shinigami
Regular User

LOL guys, I don't think our GF's will find it very funny if we try to 'do something' (if you know what I mean), besides, I'm quite sure we both prefer girls over guys

mayer: The Brabus SLK 230K was my old car. I sold it by now. My 55 is just a standard AMG. I liked my old car, but I do like the new one a bit more. If I had money, I'd bolt on a Kleemann Kompressor and have 596hp, but it would cost about 15k euro...

Ronin005: I have some claybars and I clean my car regularly (and wax it with Zaino type polish). But those bugs appeared after my last trip to Geneva (highway) and I didn't have time to clean it as I had to go on my business trip. I'll make sure to wash her today

And thank you for the warm welcome! I'm always ready and free to show my car to anyone who comes to the Lausanne area It's no problem.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:09 AM   #35
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinri_Shiogami

And thank you for the warm welcome! I'm always ready and free to show my car to anyone who comes to the Lausanne area It's no problem.
Its great to see car owners like yourself who are willing to share with those who have a passion for these cars, but maybe can't afford them yet.

Any chance you will be making a stop in Australia with the SLK55?
Old 06-09-2005, 05:18 AM   #36
TomirK
Regular User

Congratulations on a kick ass car!!! Has to be my favorite Merc at the moment.
TomirK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:47 AM   #37
pzgren
Regular User

wow, very nice car Shinri_Shiogami - good choice!!!

welcome on jw and i hope you spend as much time on jw as we do!
Old 06-09-2005, 05:48 AM   #38
TT
Regular User

LOL guys, I don't think our GF's will find it very funny if we try to 'do something' (if you know what I mean), besides, I'm quite sure we both prefer girls over guys

mayer: The Brabus SLK 230K was my old car. I sold it by now. My 55 is just a standard AMG. I liked my old car, but I do like the new one a bit more. If I had money, I'd bolt on a Kleemann Kompressor and have 596hp, but it would cost about 15k euro...

Ronin005: I have some claybars and I clean my car regularly (and wax it with Zaino type polish). But those bugs appeared after my last trip to Geneva (highway) and I didn't have time to clean it as I had to go on my business trip. I'll make sure to wash her today

LOL actually my gf is smelling something LOL! Yesterday evening I was sitting at the PC half asleep, suddently I jump out while typing a quick PM on JW and I shout "I have to go out, I will be right back!!"
This morning I informed her she will need to be quick and not a second late at 17 this evening because I need to be at the WTC at 17:30 :roll:
Oh course she knows it's always about cars when something like that happens (and it's quite often LOL), but I am sure one day she will start thinking it is just a way to cover all the women of my life
Old 06-09-2005, 05:52 AM   #39
ARMAN
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Yesterday evening I was sitting at the PC half asleep, suddently I jump out while typing a quick PM on JW and I shout "I have to go out, I will be right back!!"
Man TT, take a rest from JW for a week or so, thats sounds scary(and funny at the same time) :shock:

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:50 AM   #40
Shinigami
Regular User

dingo: Australia's a long way off, but you can always try to see if there's any 55 owners there who might be willing to show you the SLK (mbnz.org or mbworld.org has the largest number of owners who visit MB forums... but the 55 has only just been released in Australia, so owners are few and far apart).

dani_d_mas: you wouldn't be the first one. I've had one guy from the states and another from the UK come all the way to the Geneva car show and also pop in to see my old Brabus

TT: my GF will probably smell something fishy too when I tell her that I'm not coming home right after work, lol. but I've done it before, I went out eating Fondue with some other car nuts who live in Vaud (one of them I met on an MB forum and he recently traded his old SLK for a new 350). It's all in good fun, and I'm not sexy enough to reel in that many girls in the first place
Old 06-09-2005, 09:06 AM   #41
dingo
Regular User

dingo: Australia's a long way off, but you can always try to see if there's any 55 owners there who might be willing to show you the SLK (mbnz.org or mbworld.org has the largest number of owners who visit MB forums... but the 55 has only just been released in Australia, so owners are few and far apart).
I know, only joking with you.

I saw my first one yesterday actually, but didn't see the owner so I couldn't chat with him.

Heres a little preview picture before I post the rest next week:

Old 06-09-2005, 09:15 AM   #42
TT
Regular User

Shinri you are just confirming you are a top noth guy! Lately I am knowing more and more friendly car owners (like André with the four Lamborghini in Saint-Prex, have you heard about him?), but most of the time it is not like that: supercars or nice cars owners in a general way are a bit jealous about their cars, sometimes they seem scared by car nuts and that's a pity! There are always car meeting to appreciate nice cars, but to meet a nice guy on the road and see he is actually proud when you ask to take pics and so on is always special!

Too bad it is not a superb day today and 17:30 / 18:00 would be a bit too late, because talking about André I realized it would be cool to take some pics of the SLK beside a Diablo or a Murcielago
Old 06-09-2005, 10:04 AM   #43
Shinigami
Regular User

No, I don't know Andre (I don't ming going to see his Lambo's =) ), but there is a gas station between Morges and Aubonne (somewhere close to the qualipet store) that has a few IMPRESSIVE lambo's sitting outside all the time *thumbs up*

I didn't take pictures of them yet... I really should, but everytime I go there (to Ikea or something) I forget to take my camera.

Maybe that's his Lambo's ?
Old 06-09-2005, 10:17 AM   #44
TT
Regular User

Yes it's his pump station and he always has on show at least two of his cars most of the time the other two are not too far
If you want we can try to pay a visit in a while (dang I need to leave in a while ), but I fear the road on the lake is a bit busy at such time.

I have pics of the 4 of them obviously, plenty of them

BTW about Lambo, do you know there is a pretty big Lambo meeting this weekend? Saturday in Gstaad (I'll be there) and Sunday they will visit La Gruyère's village and castle (I will be there )
Old 06-09-2005, 10:34 AM   #45
Shinigami
Regular User

Gstaad and Gruyere? Gruyere village is a bit hard to reach with a Lambo because the car is so low I was there to visit the fantastic Geiger museum *thumbs up*

So those Lambo's are his then? Does he need someone to drive his Lambo's to the meeting lol, but my GF was also very impressed with these Lambo's, she's a car nut too (which is really cool), if you ever wanna go meet this guy, I definitely need to bring her along as she would love to take a closer look at the Lambo's. She's a big Aston Martin fan as you can see from the picture below when we went to test drive a Vanquish =) (click the pic for a larger picture).

supercars or nice cars owners in a general way are a bit jealous about their cars, sometimes they seem scared by car nuts and that's a pity!
Yes, I agree. Sometimes they're like this, but there's also a lot of people who are jealous because of these people and tend to be agressive towards them, so the supercar owners are afraid... I've had some (chavs / racaille) yell at me "you're poor man!" like to insult me. Well, I don't really mind, I'm not rich, I just spend too much of my income on my passion -> cars. But situations like this sometimes leave you worrying that if you park your car close to where this kinda guy was, they will go and scratch our paint or something. Horrible thing to do

But if someone shows an interest in my car, I will show them the car, which reminds me of a funny time when I drove to the Bussigny Audi dealer to check out some cars with my GF (we like to go test drive cars on weekends), and an Audi dealer came up to me and asked if the 55 was my car. Then he asked if he could sit in it and so on. So I behaved like a dealer myself and showed him all the good points of the 55 When we left, he just stood there looking back at my car... made me smile a bit