Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 05-24-2005, 11:33 PM   #31
DeMoN
Regular User

thanx for the props ferrarif1fan89. Soon you will get to see her in all her glory =D
Old 05-25-2005, 12:43 AM   #32
gtx28
Regular User

I have my own reservations, however I do hope you enjoy your new car. Congrats, cheers and Enjoy it bro!!
Old 05-25-2005, 01:50 AM   #33
dangerously_cool
Regular User

I like the Car. Black truly is the best color (see sig) and I like the rims as well. I've heard only a few because either my car is too loud when I'm next to them, or they don't drive them right.

I like the M3 quite a bit, and would love one, but College isn't the right time. I'll be going south for it, Callen, so I'll be seeing all of those things save for a new M3 as a gift. I find them nicer than the G35, I love the way they look. I paid for my car, but it's probably not coming down with me, despite how much I'd like it to.

Hope you update with vids, Demon.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:05 AM   #34
MBDriver
Regular User

I forgot to mention, I love the sound the G35 makes while on the gas!
MBDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:05 PM   #35
DeMoN
Regular User

Yeah the M3 is obviously better performancewize only that it lacks the looks. I would have gotten the M3 being a BMW fan if only the BMW dealership over here wasnt as small and unprofessional as they are. The BMW dealership is 1/3rd in size compared to the Infiniti one. Besides, I would have had to wait 6 weeks at least bfore the M3 came.

I have 2 videos of my new G... thing is, my camera tapes them in .MOV and I cant properlly transfer them to .AVI as everytime I try, the sound is either removed, or not in sync with the video. The .MOV taken directly from the Camera are WAY TOO big so that is why I dont post them. Ill try again right now and see if I can figure something out...
Old 05-25-2005, 02:53 PM   #36
DeMoN
Regular User

I tried again, there is some problem, I think, with my computer.

I opened up the .MOV with QuickTime and FILE -> Export to make a .AVI

The new .AVI was 61MB in size, but the audio and vidieo was correct. I used VirtualDub to open the 61mb vid, and I compressed the Video using XviD codec and the audio using MPEG-3. The output was a 2.6mb file but the audio was choppy. You didnt get to hera the sound the whole time... there were cuts in it. I then decided to strip audio separate from video. I stripped the audio and compressed it to Mpeg-3 with no image. The result was a .WAV file that was 110kb in size and did not cut. I did the same for the Video file and ended up with a 2.5mb file. I used VirtualDub again to join video and audio and I selected DIRECT STREAM copy which means it only should have joined video with wav and end result was the same thing, video ok, but the audio with cuts.

I remember that my laptop's audio stops working when I install SP2 and then I dloaded some audio codecs fromt he Windows Update and I think its my audio driver that are is up. Ill get a desktop before august to play around with later.

Anyway, instead of a 2.6 XviD, here you can get the ~8mb working .MOV

(do not use Save Target as because it wont return referrals... Just left-click on the links and delete the rename after the MOV after dload is complete)
http://uploads.demonwares.net/Infini...ship.MOVrename
http://uploads.demonwares.net/NEWwalkaround.MOVrename
Old 05-25-2005, 04:04 PM   #37
MBDriver
Regular User

Hey DeMoN, I tried downloading the videos but no luck.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:29 PM   #38
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by MBDriver
Hey DeMoN, I tried downloading the videos but no luck.
Damn sorry, I forgot I have my AntiLeechin protection on. If you right click and Save Target as... it wont retur referals so my web bans you from dload. So now, LEFT click on the files to dload and when the saving thing comes up, just save anywhere and then delete the "rename" part after the .MOV

Sorry for extra step, I just dont want leeching to go on.

If someone posts these links out of JW, they wont b able to get them lol.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #39
MBDriver
Regular User

Just watched the videos! Very nice. I like how the wheels look on the car in the walk around.

By the way, is the car still covered in plastic?
Old 05-25-2005, 05:21 PM   #40
DeMoN
Regular User

^ LOL yes, it is. After I took all the pictures you see, I decided to put the Car Cover on and wait till I get my new 5.1 MPixel camera and more Microfiber towels and my Zaino. They tried delivering Zaino products yesturday, but I was not home... I wont be home today either. Ill do the wash and polish and wax either friday or saturday starting 5am in the morning. Ill take pics of the progress. This is how Ginah looks right now

(note the two buckets covering the sprinklers lol)

(I wraped towels around the cable in case the wind blows so the cable doesnt scratch the paint)

I've been walking 1.5 miles to University :roll: can't wait for Friday/Saturday.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:21 PM   #41
DeMoN
Regular User

Oh... btw, these are some of the improovements that made me go after the 05...

18"s (then)

19"s (now)

6.5" GPS that came up when u pressed a button (then)
Cheap plastic painted center console (then)
Ugly BOSE stereo with Cassette player(then)
Functional steering wheel stereo/cruise control buttons (then)

7" GPS that comes up when u start engine (now)
Cool aluminum trimmed console and wider upper aluminum strip (now)
Good looking MP3 BOSE stereo (now)
Illuminated steering wheel stereo/cruise control buttons (now)

Crappy dials (then)

Nice illuminated dials (now)
Rev Limiter that flashes 500rpm before you get to best shifting RPMs and stays on once you hit targeted RPM's (now)
Old 05-25-2005, 05:28 PM   #42
MBDriver
Regular User

Everything looks good DeMoN! I see you're babying your girl the right way. I'm still laughing about how you covered the sprinklers with buckets. The 19" wheels are a big improvement, I see no need to get upgraded wheels since those are nice enough. I especially like how the instrument cluster looks nice. Definitely a nice touch than how it looked like before.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:28 PM   #43
DeMoN
Regular User

LOL yeah people laugh at me and my manners when it comes to cars... About the rims, yeah they are good enough. Ill see what to do once the rubber is burnt!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:35 PM   #44
SDK2003

That's a very nice car, Demon. Your love for it is just nuts. :shock:
Old 05-25-2005, 10:22 PM   #45
DeMoN
Regular User

Thanx u guys =D I knew my madness would be understood by other carfreaks at the JW comunity 8)

goodduck - Yeah those boats are taken care of too much... as if seagals wont drop their shit on them anyway lol. Thanx for your happy wishes.

Photoshoot moved up one day. I will do the detailing this friday as it seems saturday will be windy. I dont want dirt to get to the polish and scratch my paint when I remove the polish. I have work friday, but I found someone to cover my shift. Products arrived so now I only need the perfect day to undress my girl and bathe her.