Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 05-27-2005, 11:01 AM   #46
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

awesome car! i rented an RX-8 6 speed when I was in hawaii about a month ago.. had it for 3 days.. didnt want to let it go!

its quite the practicle car for the amount of sportiness you get. Handles like a dream, a little stiff on bumpy roads, but i'd rather have it that way. The engine is absolutly amazing.. sounds so nice.. revs so smoothly.. only thing is that it eats gas and oil.. I had the car for 3 days and filled up 3 times.. but then again, i made about 3 or 4 trips around the whole island of Oahu..

enjoy the car you lucky bastard!

if i had $30,000 I'd definately pick up one for myself
Old 06-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #47
Shinigami
Regular User

I drove the RX8 with a friend last year. It's definitely a nice car, I especially like the two tone interior (red/black), its probably the best color combo (and I'm glad I have it in my car).

I really love the center console in the RX8, it looks cool, the design is wicked and I like the 'piano black' type finish. I also like how the handbrake looks like the handle of a sword or something like that

My friend has an M3 (E46) and he said that the handling of the RX8 was pretty much on par with the M3 (he's crazy with cars, really knows how to navigate turns at high speeds, I was freaked when sitting in the car while he was driving, haha).

Only problem we had was the quality of the brakes, but it's not quire fair to compare them to the ones in the M3 (much more expensive car).

Good buy *thumbs up*
Old 06-25-2005, 07:41 PM   #48
Sick Boy
Regular User

Man, I love the RX8, and it has the best interior of all the japanese cars.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:03 PM   #49
TransAm
Regular User

Vansquish, do you have Tesco in Michigan?

Any chance you can rehost that vid? Link has expired...

Thanks

TA01

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:11 AM   #50
Vansquish
Regular User

I could probably do it for you baby when I get to my own computer, I'll be more than happy to upload it again...if you don't get it in the next day or two in a PM, send me a PM and I'll make sure to do it again.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:20 AM   #51
Vansquish
Regular User

Well, the end of the road has come so to speak. The RX8 is at the end of its lease, so tomorrow afternoon I'll be bidding her a fond farewell. My first real experience with RWD has left me quite sure that I will want to drive RWD cars for the rest of my life whenever it can be arranged. At any rate, if you look at the first post in this topic, I'll be adding bits of stuff over the next few days as I have time to upload it. There's a new video there right now, enjoy!

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 03-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #52
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Make sure you take it to a empty parking lot (or even better a track) for a proper fairwell to the RX-8
Old 03-10-2006, 11:41 AM   #53
Vansquish
Regular User

It's been done hehe...several times over...

Old 03-10-2006, 12:39 PM   #54
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

haha.. nice.. sadly, when I rented an RX-8 last year, my girlfriend at the time (who was also paying for the rental ) begged me to not drift the car parking lot or not ;(
Old 03-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #55
Vansquish
Regular User

^^^ Awww....it's...so...chuckable too!

When I took the summer tires off in late December this year and supplanted them with snow tires, the rears had lost a large portion of their tread. Three days ago when I put the summer tires back on, I had the techs put the old rears on the front and vice versa, so there was a bunch of "new" tread to play with. I almost got them evened out F/R in 2 days LOL.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #56
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

^^^ Hhahaha...

It definitely is a very chuckable car.. I only had 3 days with the car, but I love cruising the highways in that thing, I remember pushing like I normally would in my car (slow as shit RAV4) and I was easily going 110mph and had no idea. Other than that, the only other thing I did was launch the car from 5000rpm at a stop sign making a left hand turn.

If I had that car for a month I'd need new tires with out a doubt..
Old 03-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #57
Vansquish
Regular User

^^^ LOL...

I'm glad that Ford is going to be paying to put new tires on it rather than me...whew...almost $1000 of rubber. Unfortunately I have no pics to prove it, but last night as a sort of last balls-out blast, a couple of friends and I went out, found a straight stretch of highway with little traffic after fencing practice and with the three of us and about 150lbs of fencing gear in the trunk we hit 135mph before starting to close up on some cars in front of us...I'm gonna miss that car...the Milan won't even do 120...

Old 03-12-2006, 05:50 AM   #58
Pehtren
Regular User

too bad that the car is going, the looks are what you notice first i didnt drive it but i can feel whats it like
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:27 PM   #59
stradale
Regular User

It's sad you have to let her go. I can imagine the thought of a Milan is not a comforting one either.

Years go by even more quickly with cars like this...
Old 03-13-2006, 11:40 PM   #60
ae86_16v
Regular User

Damn that stock aero kit looks great on that car!
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote