Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 02-19-2005, 06:20 PM   #16
ikon2003
Regular User

Great car vansquish. I really like the RX8, and rotaries in general. I've done quite a bit of driving in an old school gen 1 RX7, and there's just something about the way those rotaries rev that makes these types of cars so appealing. Enjoy it man!
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 06:47 PM   #17
GTO
Regular User

Congrates!!!
Nice I love the rotary engine note of the RX8!

But make sure you read up on how to take care of the paint! Black is a biatche to take care of and scracthes easily. You'll have to spend a bit on wax and learn the proper way to clean and wax a car without scratching it, unless you already know of course.
Did you get paint protection?!
Old 02-19-2005, 06:56 PM   #18
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by GTO
Congrates!!!
Nice I love the rotary engine note of the RX8!

But make sure you read up on how to take care of the paint! Black is a biatche to take care of and scracthes easily. You'll have to spend a bit on wax and learn the proper way to clean and wax a car without scratching it, unless you already know of course.
Did you get paint protection?!
I'm working on the paint protection. Took it through the first carwash today, then detailed it myself when I got home. The windows are going to get a nice RAIN-X treatment, and the paint will be cared for with some Turtle Wax probably, I have to go buy supplies for that, but in the next few days hehe.

Fortunately the first outing was not in the snow, it was about 17degrees Fahrenheit, but dry as much of the snow had melted during the week. I've got about 200miles on it already, and I'm just aching to get beyond the break-in period and actually rev it out a bit.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:01 PM   #19
SilviaEvo
Regular User

are there any modifications planned for this beast?
Old 02-19-2005, 08:10 PM   #20
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
are there any modifications planned for this beast?
LOL...I suppose I could say, "I wish" but I actually think it's quite nice the way it is, haven't found a major flaw yet. Since it's a lease car and we're going to return it to Mazda after 1year, no mods

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 02-19-2005, 08:16 PM   #21
SilviaEvo
Regular User

^^ah fuck! it would have been nice to see a good modded car on JW. well cept for Jabba and Evo and a few other "select" people
Old 02-19-2005, 08:47 PM   #22
stradale
Regular User

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with it. When the weather's getting warmer of course.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:03 PM   #23
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

wow i love your car, in fact now im studing wankel motor in my fluid-mechanic engineering class as a rotative motor !!
Old 02-20-2005, 03:41 AM   #24
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with it. When the weather's getting warmer of course.
It's fun even in the cold, the odo is reading 325 miles now (second day of ownership) and I've been out on a few nice winding country roads that I know...it's good fun hehe. Of course I'm still being mindful of the run-in period and the fact that the car needs to be treated with gently for the first 1000 miles or so. So there's a self-imposed rev-limit to deal with hehe. "Spirited driving" only, no racing hehehe.

Old 02-20-2005, 05:15 AM   #25
saadie
Regular User

congrats dude ... i love this car ... especially in black ... very nice choice in color ....
how dose it handle ... 50/50 weight disterbution must be easy to handle ... post more pics of the interior and sucide doors
Old 02-20-2005, 04:54 PM   #26
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
congratulations man!! it looks great. you picked the best colour too! i still like the RX8 the most out of these new Japanese coupes (350z, etc..)

i'll be in Detroit next week.....you wanna race on Woodward? or maybe we can meet up and take some more photos for JW

oh...you're still in break-in period right? how long is the break-in period?

have you driven it in the snow yet? how's the traction? Make sure you have the right tires on it, if you're gonna drive it. do NOT drive it with summer tires on...i'm sure you know this already, but i must remind you
It's under the break-in period at the moment, I may be driving down to Purdue to visit one of my buddies there, so by the time I get back I"ll be done breaking it in. As it is, I"ve got less than 300miles to go if I follow Mazda's recommendation. As far as tires are concerned, I'm stuck with the summer tires, as it's a lease car and we only get one set. It snowed today and I drove about 3 miles to get some laundry detergent...I was sliding even during second-gear idle-speed starts...fucking crazy.

Other than that, the car's been great. I know some good roads in the Ann Arbor area, so I took it out for about 2 hours last night, blasted along (keeping under 6000 rpm, still trying to be somewhat conservative). It was wonderful. Beautifully balanced, lots of steering feel, solid brake pedal, slick gearchange. I'm still getting used to having a 6th ratio, I keep leaving it in 5th by accident hehe. Great headlights too thank goodness...saw a few deer which might've made the night a bad one otherwise hehe

Old 02-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #27
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
congratulations man!! it looks great. you picked the best colour too! i still like the RX8 the most out of these new Japanese coupes (350z, etc..)

i'll be in Detroit next week.....you wanna race on Woodward? or maybe we can meet up and take some more photos for JW

oh...you're still in break-in period right? how long is the break-in period?

have you driven it in the snow yet? how's the traction? Make sure you have the right tires on it, if you're gonna drive it. do NOT drive it with summer tires on...i'm sure you know this already, but i must remind you

It's under the break-in period at the moment, I may be driving down to Purdue to visit one of my buddies there, so by the time I get back I"ll be done breaking it in. As it is, I"ve got less than 300miles to go if I follow Mazda's recommendation. As far as tires are concerned, I'm stuck with the summer tires, as it's a lease car and we only get one set. It snowed today and I drove about 3 miles to get some laundry detergent...I was sliding even during second-gear idle-speed starts...fucking crazy.
damn man. be CAREFUL with those tires, if it snows. i'm dead serious....it's not good to try and drive with those tires in the snow...i would suggest not driving if the weather gets bad there.
Already figured it out hehehe. If the weather dries up a bit, I'd be happy to drive around and take some pics w/ you....I'll be done with class as of Wednesday evening.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:59 PM   #28
findleybeast
Regular User

beautiful. in black the RX8 is just plain sexy, great choice, and 6sp manual... mmm....

can't wait to see more pics and hear some detailed insights into the new car vansquish. good stuff

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:32 AM   #29
PeleProdigyGTO
Regular User

Nice car man!

That was my dream car all of last year! I've actually taken 2 test drives in em', and man is that a fun car!

I used to frequent a great forum for the 8 at: www.rx8club.com

Just wait till you hear that redline chime at 9000 rpm's... good stuff
PeleProdigyGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:21 AM   #30
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv
congrats...this is one sweet car...does it have 237 or 231hp(as the european version has 231)? And do not hesitate to post some vids.
Originally Posted by TT
Try to look a couple of posts above yours and you might find the answer
Well.. I had read it before. Vansquish claimed he had the more powerful version with 237hp but the point is that the more powerful version here in Europe (or at least in the Czech republic) has "mere" 231hp... I just wanted to know whether the U.S. and European specs really differed. I have to admit it was nitpicking though.