Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 02-18-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
Vansquish
Regular User

Default (bump) Mazda RX8 farewell...

I took delivery of the long-awaited RX8 this morning. It's a 6speed, Black, with Black and Red leather interior, GT Pack, Bose stereo, and a few other amenities I'm no doubt forgetting. I took a few pics, but there will be more to come

First, the requisite custom shot...

Interior, with one of my roomies in the front seat...

Rear seat...roommate moved into it too fast for me to get it without him hehe...

Slightly less attractive custom shot, those are my nostrils in the rearview mirror LOL

Edit:

Well...after a year of blissful driving experiences, hindered only very occasionally by defective catalytic converters, the RX8 is about to bid my family farewell. Tomorrow at some point during the day, I have to return the car to Ford and take delivery of our new lease car, a 2006 Mercury Milan I-4 Manual, definitely a few pegs down the ladder. For those of you who don't know, the Milan is in essence a rebodied, slightly retuned version of the Mazda 6, so the platform is reasonably good to start with, and it will handle reasonably well, but it won't have the rear-drive chassis, the light weight, the 6-speed transmission, the power, nor many of the other excellent aspects of the RX8.

I'll try and take the 8 out for one last drive tomorrow morning if the weather is clear, but in the meantime, I've taken a few new pictures of it during it's last hand-wash, and a short video of me having a bit of fun on a backcountry road. Enjoy!

The video:
http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=3213819

(You'll have to wait a bit and then the link will appear at the bottom right of the page.)

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:21 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

Thank god for the custom shot

I am sure you probably already talked about it, but my memory isn't helping. What was your previous car? or is this your first one?
Old 02-18-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Thank god for the custom shot

I am sure you probably already talked about it, but my memory isn't helping. What was your previous car? or is this your first one?
Prior to this car I've had two different Mazda 6S's and a Ford Escape...actually, I should say, "we" not "I", as all of these cars are under my dad's name as lease vehicles from Ford. In any case, I've got one of them here at school with me, and at the moment, and for the next month and a half of moments, I'll have the RX8. I think I might've posted some photos of the 6's, but since I never took a "custom" shot I never posted them. You can see the grey Mazda 6 I had in one of the Ford GT high res pictures that I took, it's a white GT with Blue stripes that I believe you posted in the "ultimate topic" for Ford.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 02-18-2005, 02:29 PM   #4
komotar
Regular User

That's great!

Congrats!!!

Can't wait for the first impressions!

I drove the same thing! Same colour, same interior and ofcorse the same,sweet high reving engine!

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20381

Enjoy the car dude, it's a great machine!!

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:45 PM   #5
Anonymous

Congrats on a great car, they look awesome in black and red IMO I guess you can't rev the bollocks off it for a while till its run in, but hell still fun i bet! . Though judging by the pics the weather at the mo might stop you giveing it a full run out
Old 02-18-2005, 02:49 PM   #6
antonioledesma
Regular User

great car... I want one... but here they are too expensive something like usd40000 the 6-speed
looks awesome, but I still don't like that 2 color steering wheel. Can you have a normal one?
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #7
bmwmpower
Regular User

congratulation is nice, which version you got? that faster?
BTW wankel is specific engine, how much is fuel consumtion
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:36 PM   #8
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
great car... I want one... but here they are too expensive something like usd40000 the 6-speed
looks awesome, but I still don't like that 2 color steering wheel. Can you have a normal one?
You can get a variety of interior trim options, one of which is all black leather (it just looks sinister with that hehe), and there's a two tone with tan and black, and a few cloth options as well.

bmwmpower...I haven't run the car through its first full tank of fuel yet so I don't actually know how the gas mileage is going to be. I got the faster version, i.e. the 6-speed manual with the 237bhp engine. I'm expecting mileage to be around 16mpg if I drive reasonably aggressively. We'll see, I'll update this more as I learn the car's quirks

Old 02-19-2005, 02:56 AM   #9
dingo
Regular User

nice car and good choice of colour too I look forward to an update and some driving impressions
Old 02-19-2005, 03:38 AM   #10
bmwmpower
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Originally Posted by antonioledesma
You can get a variety of interior trim options, one of which is all black leather (it just looks sinister with that hehe), and there's a two tone with tan and black, and a few cloth options as well.

bmwmpower...I haven't run the car through its first full tank of fuel yet so I don't actually know how the gas mileage is going to be. I got the faster version, i.e. the 6-speed manual with the 237bhp engine. I'm expecting mileage to be around 16mpg if I drive reasonably aggressively. We'll see, I'll update this more as I learn the car's quirks
ok thanks for info
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:41 AM   #11
mv
Regular User

congrats...this is one sweet car...does it have 237 or 231hp(as the european version has 231)? And do not hesitate to post some vids.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:50 AM   #12
TT
Regular User

Try to look a couple of posts above yours and you might find the answer
Old 02-19-2005, 09:03 AM   #13
sikx5
Regular User

Nice man! Have fun with it!
Def my choice over its rivals, good choice.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:06 PM   #14
coombsie66
Regular User

I gotta say that car looks great! That GT kit, and the fact that its black make it look really tough, and i bet its a great drive too!
I hope its first outing wasnt in the snow! For your sake! (237bhp RWD) :shock:
And as has been said already, i cant wait for some nice vids once she's run in.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:42 PM   #15
Wutputt
Regular User

Congrats with your new car. You've chosen a great colour combo. I really like a black car with a red interior. Enjoy your new machine!!
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote