Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 02-15-2004, 03:33 PM   #1
Bigdaddytwon
Regular User

Default 1989 BMW 325is - College Special

What do i drive? My current car is a white 89 bmw 325is.. now the "is" part is important because that means this car is equipped with a limited slip differential (one of the last non M beemers to come with it). The M20 SOHC I6 is somewhat cammy (likes to be revved) but it still puts out good torque for a 2.5l (and 170hp). The real reason i bought it though is the suspension.
I drove my friends Z3 a year before i bough this car and i absolutely loved it. I already knew the Z3's suspension was based on the old E30 layout so when it came time to pick up a replacement for the 91 accord ( i hate FWD now) the E30 was at the top of my list.
Since i've owned this car i have had the opertunity to drive a 5.0 Mustang and various other cars in the price range and i have to say someone would have to offer me a lot more money that blue book for me to trade it in. Really theres nothing below 10 grand that i'd really want to trade it for ( 10 grand is about what a LT1 6sp C4 vette costs in Michigan).
This summer i changed the remigton (?!!) tires that came with it for a set of falken azenis sports (205/60/14) and this spring i want to start autcrossing. Otherwise the car should remain somewhat stock (i still have to pay it off) until i graduate in about 2 years. Then i'm going to have some serious thinking to do, either a used C5, M5, E46 M3, CTS-V or GTO. Or maybe the next mustang Cobra.. oh well.. someday.
Bigdaddytwon is offline   Reply With Quote