Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 05-07-2006, 05:38 PM   #46
Pehtren
Regular User

the M3 e30 is a legend woulndnt minde owning one someday, or the EVO

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Originally Posted by pehtren
Anyway the car looks that its in great condition, just too bad that its America spec, with only 240hp
^ More BS from you . I spent over 12 months looking for this car as a 4 door manual. And now actually I now want a Coupe as a second car . You know, it's the whole "The grass is greener on the other side" thing.
Ammm....yes the 4 door is practical but me beeing 18 years old...dont need practicality

I think
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #47
ae86_16v
Regular User

So after driving around in the A4 for over a week decided to take the M3 back out for a spin. And for the first time I realized the headlights were horrible and I had to do something about them. I have already installed some ZKW Ellipsoids (E-Code) when I first got the car and replaced the extremely crappy US (DOT) reflectors.

I always liked the ZKWs cut off, clear beam, nice even spread; but for the first time after getting used to the Audi's Xenons I realized how inadequate the regular Halogen were. So I had to do something.

And since the ZKWs were already projectors, the next logical upgrade would be HID kit. Picked up some Prolumens 5000k. At first I was worry that these might be too blueish (e.g. rice), but they actually turned out pretty white and clear. I really wanted to get some 4300k which was a bit more yellow but had a higher lumens rating (brighter), but the guy was out of stock.

Nevertheless these turn out great. Now I had to readjust these quite a bit to lower the aim, but still I am afraid it might throw out too much glare since these projectors weren't design as for HID bulbs from the start.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:15 PM   #48
sivsk
Regular User

ae86_16v, great car, excellent choice the 4 door, makes it a perfect allrounder, in the sense for everday use, that will still put a massive smile on your face..... I'm glad that it will be with you for a long time, had mine for 11 yrs now, still great motor... ahem when it's running that is... mine not yours....(i've definately got to get my ass in gear and get the old girl back on the road now!!!) enjoy it, it will be very easy to!!!! Only one mod you should do... fit a nice backbox to it if the exhaust is standard, they make a great noise with a good backbox on...... Happy motoring
sivsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #49
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Nice white lights Much bettter than those annoying blue ones.

That under exposed picture of the left headlight and corner looks like an older E21 headlight... pretty cool!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #50
Zot09
Regular User

Mmmmm HID's...
Old 10-08-2006, 09:06 PM   #51
ae86_16v
Regular User

Thanks for the compliments guys! Definitely, one of the key to this entire project was that it would not be ricey, which was what I was really worry about in the beginning.

Like I said, these actually turned out quite well, very nice and very bright. The only blueish hint is just at the beginning 30 secs or so when they are warming up. Still not as good as OE projectors though, but these E Code headlights work well.

Sivsk - Get your car back on the road .
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:59 AM   #52
sivsk
Regular User

Most definately will, actually have started...... lets see how quick i can get it done....... ps ae86_16v is that an alarm going off cos if it is it's me trying to pry your headlights off........
sivsk is offline   Reply With Quote