Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
pagani
Regular User

Default Car terms

I think we need clear a few things up
So i think this wil help
First of is is term ricer in think in the uk they call them diffrent.
Any cheap car, especialy Asian, that has been "upgraded" with after-market parts(exaust, body kits, nitrous, spoilers, speakers, lights, etc...)in an attempt to make it faster and/or "pimpin".
In reality, instead of making a car better, "ricing it up" makes it utterly and completly gay. Rice cars are easily beaten in races by American and European sports cars. Also, anyone who owns a rice car is looked down upon and seen as shameful by non-ricers. Rice cars are typically driven by young lower and middle class Asians, Hispanics, whiteboys and even some African Americans.

Ricer car
An automobile, generally of import classification, that is souped up and characterized by use of stickers and decals that do not match any manufacturer of the car, spoilers that look like airplane landing gear, and hideous paintjobs.

Sleeper
Often reffering to what appears to be a ordinary looking stock commuter car that is anything but stock under the hood. Pretty much the exact opposite of your every day riced up civic.

My bone stock looking 1967 Volkswagen Beetle with a dual carbed, big bore and race head equiped engine gives quite the ego bashing when a ricer can't hold up to his own challenge at a light.
8)

Last edited by nthfinity; 11-11-2007 at 01:54 PM.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:50 PM   #2
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
I don't think it was so unclear to anyone in here what is rice and what is a sleeper, or how have you ended up thinking so?
No just wanted to clear the therms because sometimes here they use the wrong therms.
8)
Old 10-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Speaking about rice. I should take a photo of a Toyota Avensis on my workplaces parking place. I mean I have seen plenty of rice in all kinda cars, but it was the first time I saw a riced Avensis. It's not ridiculously stupid looking or anything like that, but I just think that it's absurd to waste that money, time and effort to an Avensis. :shock:
I will post some examples of rice
This is riced out car

This is also a ricer's car

The same for this.

No the no rice cars
This is a proper car

This is not a riced out car

This is as from a riced car as can be
http://www.croydons.co.nz/the5thdime...5824161735.JPG
The same for this car.

8)
Old 10-29-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Rice is anything related with F&F movies and NFS games. Period. No matter if it has 800hp and is faster to 100kmh than the Veyron.

Tunning is what it's done by RUF, Alpina or Brabus, even if they actually have license as constructors and not just tunners. Taking an already fast car and making it even faster. That's what it is. Same can be said about the americans. RC's Z07 is a good example
Your wrong a fast car is fast car no matter what make it is.
:roll:
Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 PM   #5
saadie
Regular User

ok let me clear it up

Riced up car is anything that look ugly because of the addiition of gay ghetto wings bodykits and paint scheemes and huge ass showing off wheels ... PERIOD ..

the term rice was pretty much alive before FNF and NFS games ..

rice is used only for the looks .. only!!! .....
Old 10-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #6
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani
Rice is anything related with F&F movies and NFS games. Period. No matter if it has 800hp and is faster to 100kmh than the Veyron.

Tunning is what it's done by RUF, Alpina or Brabus, even if they actually have license as constructors and not just tunners. Taking an already fast car and making it even faster. That's what it is. Same can be said about the americans. RC's Z07 is a good example
It can be a fast riced-up car - or a fast tunned car as well. 2 different things IMO
Agree with that.
I also whit saadie on this.
8)
Old 10-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #7
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by phatbimmer
Yeah I own a jappo car and I hate Hondas with a passion.

Way OT but man does it feel good to say it
I like some honda not al.
8)
Old 10-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #8
saadie
Regular User

It can be a fast riced-up car - or a fast tunned car as well. 2 different things IMO
Agree with that.
I also whit saadie on this.
8)
damn straight lol
Old 10-31-2007, 04:34 PM   #9
79TA
Regular User

Evo and WRX owners who grossly overestimate the performance of their cars can become ricers too, despite the fact that such cars are solid performers.

For instance, there was an annoying guy who thought he was untouchable with his new Evo IX and 4,000 dollars of turbo mods . . . OBNOXIOUS. Anyway, my cousin took him down repeatedly with that Camaro (425 rwhp) that he picked up for about 11k.

I'm not trying to offend any sensible Evo or WRX owners here. I'm just saying being unrealistic can be dangerous to one's own pride and safety. It seems like they unwrap an Evo from around a tree every two weeks in the various canyons around here (SoCal). Too much NFS Carbon?
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:42 PM   #10
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA
Evo and WRX owners who grossly overestimate the performance of their cars can become ricers too, despite the fact that such cars are solid performers.

For instance, there was an annoying guy who thought he was untouchable with his new Evo IX and 4,000 dollars of turbo mods . . . OBNOXIOUS. Anyway, my cousin took him down repeatedly with that Camaro (425 rwhp) that he picked up for about 11k.

I'm not trying to offend any sensible Evo or WRX owners here. I'm just saying being unrealistic can be dangerous to one's own pride and safety. It seems like they unwrap an Evo from around a tree every two weeks in the various canyons around here (SoCal). Too much NFS Carbon?
You have two types of wrx and evo owners
1 the serious performance type owner who kowns what it's evo or wrx can do and can't do
2 the ricer who thinks it can destroy everything on road and track,
But the owner 2 is very common on other brands of cars.
8)
Old 10-31-2007, 04:56 PM   #11
79TA
Regular User

2 the ricer who thinks it can destroy everything on road and track,
But the owner 2 is very common on other brands of cars.
8)
That's very true. It's just that having a car with actual performance potential can make the ricer mentality even worse. So someone who would be mildly obnoxious with a . . . Scion could be incredibly annoying with an Evo.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:18 PM   #12
silentm
Regular User

can anyone open this page: www.laughatrice.com ?

i seemingly can't, but i owuld like to make sure if the site went down eventually. the page was dedicated to the funniest thing you could to to these stupid ricers, stand next to their cars point at them and laugh while having someone taking a picture of you.

they had a good 'definition' of rice in their forum too, which i would have liked to quote.

for me rice is everything that has got to do with stuff that is added to the car, that does not give you an extra power advantage. namely all the dumb rice body kits you can buy for you awesome FWD Corollas and Celicas and whatnot. also stupid ass wings that will not enhance your performance, because more mad tyte downforzzz on your rear wheels will give you more traction problems on your FWD car :roll:

well i oculd rant on and on... but i will leave it as it is just my 2cents
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #13
79TA
Regular User

hmm, laughatrice seems to be down indeed. Here's one site that's been around for a while. The creator of the site tried to fight the ricers back when they were just starting to get really bad. The site apparently hasn't been updated since 2001. I guess he saw the effect that The Fast and the Furious had and just gave up.

http://riceboypage.com/index.html