Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 04-09-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
pagani
Regular User

Default Peugot 205 gti whit t16 turbo engine 300+ hp

Very fast peugot 205 gti whit more than 300 hp+.

The car itself is an immaculate last off the line L reg 205 gti 1.9 8v With 2 owner before myself.

With receipts to prove £30,000 spent on the car in the last 4yrs all by myself and all on performance parts you could buy a road legal racer that has done a 12.2 sqm at santa pod and has timed 0 - 100 in 9.6 seconds, Generating well over 300bhp (RR Graphs to prove) and still retaining FWD.

Engine wise the engine has been re built at the cost of £6000 by legendary Peugeot race development firm 'Richard Longmans' This included custom made pistons, and rods, seriously modified cylinder head, and slightly modified version of the camshaft found in the 306 S16. Turbo charger is a modified version of the VAT 25 rs turbocharger which has 2 actuators due to variable internals and boosts at 2.2 bar (32 psi) and settles at 1.9bar (29psi) all the way to the 7200rpm rev limiter. All of the engines cooling has been re designed with Pace making all the custom parts required.

transmition wise the 6 speed gearbox acquired from a 306 GTI-6 has been stripped and rebuilt by GearTorque to cope with just short of 400ft/lb of torque. The drive train has also been further considered with the a LSD similar to that used in the 2003 BTTC Peugeot, with similar motorsport drive shafts.

Suspension wise the car has group N engine mounts, Upgraded bushes all round the car, group N wishbones and lower arms, and coilovers, lastly TAS excentric top mounts are used. This set up generates just under 3 degree of negative camber which is a good thing to have when on the track.
This set up was install by Peugeot Ecosse in Scotland.

Induction wise the car uses a run of the mill piper X filter which i think provides enough filtration and the exhaust is a 'work of art' with a straight through 3 1/2 inch bore system from the turbo back

Brakes has been upgraded with Tarox 6 pot caliper on the front with 280mm discs and Mintex pads, rear is standard discs but mintex pads. Braided lines have been installed all round.

The car will come with 2 sets of alloys.

1st set is a set of 16" 206 gti 'Nimrods' which have been powder coated Dark gray and come with Dunlop sport 9000 195-40-16's

2nd set are 309 Goodwood 15" alloys and come with Toyo R888 track tyres which are also road legal.

Interior wise the car will come with all its original interior which it truly immaculate, but current the car is stripped of its interior. With the inner shell sprayed matt black, the interior includes 2 carbon fiber bucket seats and 2 OMP WRC harnessed

http://www.smallmove.f2s.com/tonksy.wmv
8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Hi Pagani

Firstly thanks for the article, the reason that Im writting this letter is because the pug 205 GTI is the car that Ive had the greatest fun in the twisty road, and I dont want to imagine what the car is going to be with 300 turbo bhp and 900kgs of weight; if the 130 bhp is a lot of power (and specially sensations) for a 205 (naturally without any aids such as the control traction, the ABS and so on) I dont want to think the same car with turbo although the brakes, transmission, suspension are improved; Moreover, because the 205 is blue, it brings me great memory since the car that I drove a few times (I wish the car was mine but it was from a close friend though) was blue and inmaculate, as the car in the pics, and actually is not very common to see blue 205s; nonetheless, thanks for the article

BTW, its a curious thing that the engine is based on the aspirated 205 engine (put the turbo in it in a separate way) instead getting it from the 405 Turbo 16 engine, and increase its power
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #3
pagani
Regular User

Peugot 205 gti's make very good track and whit a turbo engine you can keep whit really fast like ferrari or porsche or other fast cars and beat them in the corners.
Looks like decent car to make whit very good chassis decent brakes and top engine.
Anyway t16 engine it rather rare not much around anymore.
This would be a great car for street racing you would slay pretty much every car because of it's low weight and great engine and gearbox.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote