Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 04-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #331
icon
Regular User

Originally Posted by magwheel
Nowwww we can an talk Turkey! I bought the Ford GT, January of 2005 but couldn't pick it up until March 17th because of the control arm recall. Next I got the Carrera GT in April of 2005. I received the Maranello at the end of June 2005 and I bought the F430 in July of 2005. Then I went bonkers for Lambos and got the Gallardo in I believe October of 2005. I then took a break but was foaming at the mouth for the Murcielago and made myself a promise that I would try and get it for my 58th birthday in February of this year. I was able to work out my financial situation and bought the Murcielago February 9th of this year.

I traded the GT2 and my 645 BMW coupe on the Carrera GT. I then dealt a trade of my 645 Convertible that I bought for Euni on the Ferrari F430. It was one year old and only had around 1200 (give or take a couple hundred miles) on it. I'd used to get mad at her because she hardly ever drove it.

When I went looking for the Gallardo, I got lucky and found the Lambo dealer in Columbus also sold Dodges across the street from the Lamborghini dealership. I was able to trade my 2005 Dodge Ram SRT 10 pickup truck (Viper engine 500HP-6 speed) on the Gallardo.

When I bought the Murcielago, I didn't have any more cars to trade so I had to buy it naked, with no trade!
I would get a.... yes...... Zonda F, a F40, an Enzo, a Bugatti Veyron, a McLaren F1 and a MC12 but not in any particular order.
ok! but you cheated a little bit! you can pretend like the business tanks!
that means you took delivery on all 6 inside of 11 months! you need to slow down and spread the fun out!
i found this particular statement a little less than truthful! "I didn't have any more cars to trade "!
did your father ever buy a sports car?
i have to admit you are making it in more days a week than i am
lucky you have a responsible son to handle things! how old is he?
ok, now to the fun part!
zonda f - great choice! supposedly the most user friendly supercar! unlike any other car! resale is only question mark? havent been around long and not building u.s. legal cars yet.
f40 - a legendary vehicle, great resale! none to comfy though!
enzo - great car! but you already have a cgt that can meet it's performance at less than half the price. does have the front lift system built in and is more comfy than the cgt. a friend of mine that has both says the only thing the enzo has over the cgt is paddle shifters, the front end lift system, and more comfortable seats. unless it's raining he takes the cgt although he is still having a bit of a problem with the clutch when parking on hills and getting the car to his garage because of the low foward front apron. he has to back it down his driveway at an angle.
btw! after may, ruf will be able to add a ohlins front end lift system to your cgt that would be adjustable up to a couple inches!
mc12 - just a maserati enzo without the resale!
veyron - a big fat pig! :shock: weighs over 4000 pounds! sports cars don't weigh over 4000 pounds!
mclaren f1 - :shock: THE LEGEND! would be my next move!
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:41 PM   #332
icon
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
Ok, I didn't know he had a 959 as well, however it sais on a website that it was impounded. Wonder if he ever got it?
from forbes magazine:
"it took a federal law signed by President Clinton for Bill Gates to legally drive his 959 on American roads. Rumor has it that Bill Gates and Paul Allen employed Microsoft engineers to write a computer program that could simulate the 959’s crashworthiness, which helped in the bill’s passage."
gates is a known porsche nut - wouldnt doubt if he had a cgt stashed away somewhere as well !
Old 04-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #333
davide
Regular User

Another Porsche fan is Jerry Seinfeld.... dunno how many he have but apperantly, a lot!
Old 04-06-2006, 06:31 PM   #334
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by joserpz
Hey you've heard it before, but I got to say it your a lucky guy. And I was also thinking how much do you pay for insurance for each of your cars? Is it like 10k for each or something like that?
I think it's like $2000-$2500 each car. I got it through the insurance company that insures our apartment business and they gave me a fleet rate. Seems pretty damn good if you ask me!
Old 04-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #335
nthfinity
Regular User

Hey you've heard it before, but I got to say it your a lucky guy. And I was also thinking how much do you pay for insurance for each of your cars? Is it like 10k for each or something like that?
I think it's like $2000-$2500 each car. I got it through the insurance company thay insures our business and they gave me a fleet rate. Seems pretty damn good if you ask me!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
hot damn! thats as much as i was paying on my car before i turned 21 + 0 tickets :holy crap: nice work on that deal 8)
Old 04-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #336
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
I think it's like $2000-$2500 each car. I got it through the insurance company thay insures our business and they gave me a fleet rate. Seems pretty damn good if you ask me!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
hot damn! thats as much as i was paying on my car before i turned 21 + 0 tickets :holy crap: nice work on that deal 8)
What the hell...... you know how crazy you young s _ _ ts are! Always in a hurry, drag racing, hot dogging for that sweet ass sitting next to you and seeing if you can break the sound barrier before you turn 25! At 58, I don't worry about that s _ _ t! Wellll, almost I don't worry. OK, so I'm lying like a rug! Connections...... Yeah, that's the ticket!!
Old 04-06-2006, 06:47 PM   #337
icon
Regular User

Originally Posted by davide
Another Porsche fan is Jerry Seinfeld.... dunno how many he have but apperantly, a lot!
a bunch!
i know he has a cgt with the porsche lift kit installed.
also has a turbo for sale right now.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:50 PM   #338
nthfinity
Regular User

What the hell...... you know how crazy you young s _ _ ts are! Always in a hurry, drag racing, hot dogging for that sweet ass sitting next to you and seeing if you can break the sound barrier before you turn 25! At 58, I don't worry about that s _ _ t! Wellll, almost I don't worry. OK, so I'm lying like a rug! Connections...... Yeah, that's the ticket!!
if the sound barrier is about 130; then i've broken it... but jeeps arent favorable to those speeds the other stuff...

i've still managed to have 0 tickets, which means i haven't been "seen"
Old 04-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #339
dingo
Regular User

I'm suprised by insurance for exotics in general, I know the owner of an F430 and he is "only" paying $AU 2800/yr and another with a 550 who is paying $1800......I had always thought it would be through the roof.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:11 PM   #340
Zot09
Regular User

OMG, that is much cheaper than I thought insurance for an exotic would be. I pay roughly 4,500 a year!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #341
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by Zot09
OMG, that is much cheaper than I thought insurance for an exotic would be. I pay roughly 4,500 a year!
:roll: I gotta believe your under 23. Living in California, that's gotta be a nightmare for any kind of insurance, especially car insurance at your age. Ya think the insurance companies are making any money? Michael
Old 04-06-2006, 11:54 PM   #342
Hovik
Regular User

I think I hold the record of the highest insurance QUOTE.
About 3 years ago I wanted to insure a car in NYC (which has the highest rates nationwide). I was quoted 6K for 6 months for liability (for those who don't know, it just covers one way). I never had any tickets.. no accidents... It was just because of my age, the period I had my license and the city I live in.
I ended up insuring the car in PA for $360.
Hovik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #343
magwheel
Regular User

You gotta be careful pretending..... after awhile, you might start believing yourself!

Yep, got them all in actually a little over 12 months. The fun..... it continues every time I put my ass in one of their seats.

Honestly, the only thing I had left to trade was Eunice because the dogs and cats were absoluetly staying here with me! I decided to keep her home too!

Dad once took my BMW 850 for a few years and then my 740 IL and he had a BMW 3 series convertible. If he would have survived his cancer treatments, we were going to go to Akron, Ohio, to get him more than likely, a nice BMW 5 series. Unfortunately, we missed that trip together but he's always with me in all my cars because as you know, it's because of him I have them!

It really is great to have a son making it easy on me by showing extreme interest in the family business. He and Dad always teased me about my lack of hard work understanding. They always said they felt I thought that "Manual Labor was the President of Puerto Rico"!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:54 AM   #344
icon
Regular User

You gotta be careful pretending..... after awhile, you might start believing yourself!

Yep, got them all in actually a little over 12 months. The fun..... it continues every time I put my ass in one of their seats.

Honestly, the only thing I had left to trade was Eunice because the dogs and cats were absoluetly staying here with me! I decided to keep her home too!

Dad once took my BMW 850 for a few years and then my 740 IL and he had a BMW 3 series convertible. If he would have survived his cancer treatments, we were going to go to Akron, Ohio, to get him more than likely, a nice BMW 5 series. Unfortunately, we missed that trip together but he's always with me in all my cars because as you know, it's because of him I have them!

It really is great to have a son making it easy on me by showing extreme interest in the family business. He and Dad always teased me about my lack of hard work understanding. They always said they felt I thought that "Manual Labor was the President of Puerto Rico"!
michael,
sorry you didnt get to take that trip with your father!
that's great your son has taken such an interest in the family business and enjoys it so much!
has he gotten bitten by the sports car bug?
Old 04-07-2006, 06:07 AM   #345
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by icon
michael,
sorry you didnt get to take that trip with your father!
that's great your son has taken such an interest in the family business and enjoys it so much!
has he gotten bitten by the sports car bug?
It's kinda funny about my oldest son, Jeff. For his 16th birthday, I bought him a Datsun (back then-19 years ago) 300ZX with a 5-speed. He was pretty coordinated so I figured he be able to drive stick. He did but one day at a friends house, backing out of his driveway, backed over a rock and tore up the suspension to the tune of $1500-2000. I wasn't too happy and he was all bummed out.

Since then, he has had mostly SUVs. Figured he be hard pressed to hurt those. He just bought himself and his family a new 2006 Mustang GT Convertible. He says he wants to try it out against the Ford GT! What's really unbelieveable about Jeff is that he's a tight wad. He throws quarters around like manhole covers. Smart as hell but every once in a while, he'll piss me off and I have to give him the evil eye just like I do to the others and then they know their up s_ _t creek without a paddle! Unlike today, I didn't spare the hand on the butt if they got out of line. You can't do that now a days or you might get in legal trouble.

Now my other two sons are a different story. Their tooling around in Mercedes G Wagons (SUV). My youngest son lives in Utah. My middle son is wacked out on cars just like me. He just picked up a 06 BMW M5 F1 4 door Sedan (550 HP). He rides Harleys just like I USED to and was a motocross racer for several years. Did pretty decent too.