Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Mercedes-Benz CLC
subzero 3 10.00%
cool 7 23.33%
uncool 9 30.00%
seriously uncool 11 36.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
System
Regular User

Default Mercedes-Benz CLC

System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
rave426
Regular User

Garbage.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
silentm
Regular User

wow an actually good looking benz i like
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #4
pilotvtm
Regular User

i like the front,but the back of the car is horrible!

pilotvtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
HeilSvenska
Regular User

For people who can't afford the new C-Class, which is now a really good car. Not only that, most buyers won't even know that it's based on the old C-Class... And it's ugly past the A-pillar because it's pretty much the same crappy C-Class Coupe it's always been.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #6
Jacques_JDM
Regular User

Default Sorry guys i went overboard didnt I?

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
For people who can't afford the new C-Class, which is now a really good car. Not only that, most buyers won't even know that it's based on the old C-Class... And it's ugly past the A-pillar because it's pretty much the same crappy C-Class Coupe it's always been.
From my understanding the entry level CLC, which comes with a standard petrol engine, standard parking sensors, Bluetooth , prewired for an in-car phone, single CD audio, combined cloth/ Faux leather trim, multi-function display, cruise control, dual zone air conditioning, rain sensing wipers, fog lamps, heated door mirrors, 17-inch alloy wheels, tyre pressure warning system and full sized spare....all that for an entry level price of $49,900.00, That's a $16,975.00 difference between the $32,975.00 entry level C-class..

Another $4,000.00 will buy you full Artico upholstery(Faux leather), alloy pedals, Bi-Xenon headlamps, speed sensitive power steering.. which ups the price to $53,900.00

And if the customer wants a full electric seat adjustment, mutli-zone air conditioning, maple timber trim, and a panoramic glass roof, and plus all the other standard options. they will have to pay a hefty $58,900.00 price tag..the CLC's competitor the 135i-Series fully loaded with other options is still cheaper @ $54,029.00..heck all the CLCs competitors are cheaper.

I think the CLC is definetly a excellent looking car, to bad it wont be availabe to the US market. the onlydownside to this car is the base and fully loaded prices and the peformance. I rather would have the BMW 135I which is cheaper and double the peformance.

..So no this car isnt the C-class sedan's budget car..if you ask me the C-class sedan is for people who cant afford the CLC.

I rate the CLC a 7.5 out of 10.

This car is 100% Cool.