Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 12-04-2005, 06:24 PM   #16
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Pagani Zonda F Feature posted
Big Thanks Jabba !!! I love this car I saw it in Top Gear studio's in the last show and I wondered why they didn't use it for the Supercar feature but now I know they didn't forget to test it properly
Old 12-04-2005, 07:09 PM   #17
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL
Originally Posted by thenumber1

The Clio Vs. Bike feature was fun, again. The biker was crazy, and May drove pretty horrendously again The driving was a bit reckless IMO... not a very good example, but i'm sure it was all 100% safe
Well yeh you can bet the people were cleared out and that certain shots were edited in later just like the big races, still made for another unexpectedely entertaining feature IMO, I'd rather not think of the practicalities! Still actually a few more normal cars would be nice occasionally, not much has come out though recently I suppose :bah:
Well i must say that at the moment even a new Clio is out of my league, price-wise... let alone anything else ops:

I mean... what would you rather have? A Ferrari 308 GT4 or a Clio 1.4?

LOL at me and my practicalities... Captain Slow driving a bit quicker than usual suprised me
Old 12-04-2005, 07:24 PM   #18
Anonymous

Originally Posted by AL

The Clio Vs. Bike feature was fun, again. The biker was crazy, and May drove pretty horrendously again The driving was a bit reckless IMO... not a very good example, but i'm sure it was all 100% safe
Well yeh you can bet the people were cleared out and that certain shots were edited in later just like the big races, still made for another unexpectedely entertaining feature IMO, I'd rather not think of the practicalities! Still actually a few more normal cars would be nice occasionally, not much has come out though recently I suppose :bah:
Well i must say that at the moment even a new Clio is out of my league, price-wise... let alone anything else ops:

I mean... what would you rather have? A Ferrari 308 GT4 or a Clio 1.4?

LOL at me and my practicalities... Captain Slow driving a bit quicker than usual suprised me
sure I don't mean normal normal I mean more attainable normal Hoping for Brera etc early next series. The ASBO was good though and as for being out of reach well everything is out of reach for me to even a set of £200 alloys are looking distant until I have a job again When I get a bank statement these days they save themselves the bother and print it on red paper
Old 12-04-2005, 07:26 PM   #19
No.1
Regular User

LOL... we're a bunch of poor bastards here

I'm hoping these cars don't stay out of reach for too long... i'd love to pull up at the lights in something like the Cockster
Old 12-04-2005, 07:36 PM   #20
Anonymous

LOL... we're a bunch of poor bastards here

I'm hoping these cars don't stay out of reach for too long... i'd love to pull up at the lights in something like the Cockster
Well depends if ya go to uni or not I suppose :violin: But well I'm allergic to depreciation so I'm sticking with my modern classics for now. Thinking 205 gti or mk1 golf GTi or mk 2 Scirocco. Bizarre as insurance is in this country it will cost me £200 more to insure a Scirocco than the Mini (which is staying) which has a mighty 40bhp if you are lucky. hugely off topic I know but well insurance stops us having fun as illustrated in the episode Jame's quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:04 AM   #21
chernobyl
Regular User

Anyone else think the Zonda's lap looked really slow?
chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:07 AM   #22
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by chernobyl
Eh??

It was the fastest ever. Perhaps becuase the car is so natural, or that the camers wern't frantically tracking it. The car corners very neatly too, so it may have disguised it's true speed

Maybe TG use clips from all footage of the Zonda lapping instead of the true hot lap.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #23
Jabba
Regular User

Maybe TG use clips from all footage of the Zonda lapping instead of the true hot lap.
Good point and it wouldnt surprise me...also seemed like quite a foggy day.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:41 PM   #24
Caplax40
Regular User

Eh??

It was the fastest ever. Perhaps becuase the car is so natural, or that the camers wern't frantically tracking it. The car corners very neatly too, so it may have disguised it's true speed

I think he meant it "looked" slower than it actually was. I was thinking the same thing. The Koenigsegg and MC12 looked like they were just flat-out fast the whole time, and for some reason the Zonda F appeared slower than it (obviously) actually was.
Caplax40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #25
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Caplax40
Eh??

I think he meant it "looked" slower than it actually was. I was thinking the same thing. The Koenigsegg and MC12 looked like they were just flat-out fast the whole time, and for some reason the Zonda F appeared slower than it (obviously) actually was.
Actually, that makes sense ops:

I guess i wanted to ensure the Zonda F's honour was held high
Old 12-05-2005, 08:39 PM   #26
911GT1
Regular User

It was a nice touch, instead of the usual rambling about the news. In the press over here, rallying isn't that big, and with the death of George Best in the same week, Burns' life hasn't been celebrated enough IMO :bah:

Ellen MacArthur suprised me. She is simply such a strong character, and a determined person, that her lap time was well deserved

The Zonda F feature was a little short for my liking, especially with such a fast laptime. It was to be expected really though
Yeah I'm not really a big footie fan but I think Burns did more for UK rallying than Best did for UK football. It's pretty sad that the latter get more attention. I remember when Burns came on top gear and they threw a bucket of cold water at him. What a sporting guy... He will be missed. Can't say the same to other sports personalites.

I bet Ellen can go at least 1/4 sec faster or at least equal Damon Hill laptime. She really suprised me. I guess it's true, with proper dicipline anything is possible. Even beating a world class F1 champion.

Zonda feature is kinda short although amazing. Still my favorite car on the planet. BUt the real reason of it being short i think is because next week that laptime will be throughly smashed by the veyron by a mile stone. I bet the veyron will clock at least 1.18. I'm willing to put a fiver on that, any takers?

Edit: did you guy notice that almost all of the shot of the race incl the interior shot of may driving have been refilmed? The clue is in the side mirror, May fold his at the start of the race and for most of the video it's open but at the finish, it's closed again. Pretty good editing I must say.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:51 PM   #27
chernobyl
Regular User

Originally Posted by 911GT1
did you guy notice that almost all of the shot of the race incl the interior shot of may driving have been refilmed?
tbh, i doubt any of the race was refilmed. Standard procedure would be to have the race run without any of it being filmed and then go back with camera's and stage certain things for dramatic effect.
chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote