Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-01-2004, 07:43 AM   #16
ChinaBlue
Regular User

couldn't agree more with you guys..nascar is just like drag races only that it's going round in circles. :shock:
Old 05-01-2004, 02:09 PM   #17
mit5005
Regular User

Originally Posted by ChinaBlue
couldn't agree more with you guys..nascar is just like drag races only that it's going round in circles. :shock:
Hey don't be disrespecting drag racing. To compare it to Nascar is an insult. It is 100 times more exciting than Nascar.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 01:02 AM   #18
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

I love Top Fuel Drag racing...Its Insane...
Old 05-02-2004, 02:14 AM   #19
N.J.
Regular User

'Nascar' is nothing on the 'British Touring Car Championship'. (the 'British Touring Cars' must actually handle, brake, turn left - and even more amazingly...is everybody ready for this...they actually turn right too! wow!

But 'Aussie V8 Supercar' racing is even better again because they combine the power of the 'Nascars' with the handling/variety of the 'British Touring Cars'.

ie. It just deosn't get any better than 'V8 Supercars at Bathurst'!!!

I'd rate the 'Bathurst' circuit 2nd only to the 'old' 22.8km 'Nurburgring' circuit. 'Bathurst' is like a 6km condensed version of the 'old' 'Ring' with has just about everything you could want in a track. I would rate the 'Spa' F1 circuit in Belgium 3rd.

However , to put all this in perspective, 'Rallying' wins hands down - no question!

p.s

I would LOVE to see a 'Nascar' -vs- 'Aussie V8 Supercar' race at both an oval and Bathurst then average both results and see who the winner is!

My money's on 'Aussie V8 Supercar' - easlier! ....the Nascar would lack one vital ingredient - handling!!!
N.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:28 PM   #20
Max Power

didnt jeff gordon race an F1 car a few months ago and post a qualifying time? i know that it really means nothing cuz gordon makes enough $$$ as a nascar driver, but there is some untapped skill.
Back when they (Montoya and Gordon) switched cars at Indy, JPM posted a best lap of 1:39.9 only 1.1 seconds behind Gordon's earlier laps around the same track in the Chevy.
On the other hand Gordon did a 1:16.5 (112.6mph) that would NOT have secured him a spot on the grid for the F1 race held in 2002 at Indy. Gordon's time was 2.7 seconds behind last place qualifier, Alex Yoong's Minardi, and 5.1 seconds behind Montoya's 2002 qualifying lap that put him 4th on the grid.
*Taken straight out of September 2003 Car and Driver.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 05:55 PM   #21
oscargarza88
Regular User

wtf this thread is still going?
i thought it was going to b locked down cause of all the times this has been discussed...
ans yes nascar sux! its only cool when all of them crash
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:45 PM   #22
schnell318
Regular User

NASCAR is the worst possible form of motor racing.
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:46 PM   #23
bluesbrother60
Regular User

I have found that the best way to sum up how much NASCAR sucks is this:
On the 8th day God was creating Formula One when a slight odor blew by and He sneezed. When he sneazed he let out a miscontrued version of auto racing called NASCAR.
http://www.geocities.com/britracer60/my_bmw.html
bluesbrother60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:00 PM   #24
Schwalbe

The Aussie V8 Supercar racing is far away better than Nascar, Cascar etc...
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:57 PM   #25
SPAD
Regular User

All nascar is,is a bunch of cars the same cars going around in a cyrcle,and the winner is who ever happens to be in the lead when the flag dropps
Old 05-05-2004, 07:47 AM   #26
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

If nascar sucks, don't watch it.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 11:39 PM   #27
Bigdaddytwon
Regular User

I always wondered if they atually went to using "stock" cars in NASCAR if it would be better or worse.. sure an impala can't do 189, but hell, it'd be fun to see them try to do that in a car with stock suspension! It'd keep the costs WAAY down (maybe gut it and add a cage, hell the paint job with all 'em flashy adverts would probably cost more) and it would be an even better marketing tool for the manufacturers, although, it might look bad if a driver died in one of their cars during competition.
Bigdaddytwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 01:35 AM   #28
nthfinity
Regular User

I always wondered if they atually went to using "stock" cars in NASCAR if it would be better or worse.. sure an impala can't do 189, but hell, it'd be fun to see them try to do that in a car with stock suspension! It'd keep the costs WAAY down (maybe gut it and add a cage, hell the paint job with all 'em flashy adverts would probably cost more) and it would be an even better marketing tool for the manufacturers, although, it might look bad if a driver died in one of their cars during competition.

that is essentially what NASCAR used to be in the 70's

you could actually go into the dealer showroom, and buy the almost the same car the pro's used.... same engine, same car.... and in many cases, race versions were also dealer sold, which werent street legal, EXACT same car as the nascar
( or trans am series car as the case may be)

what happened between then and now? i dont know...
can you believe nascar still uses Carb technology :idea:
Old 05-14-2004, 10:20 PM   #29
TVR_Fan
Regular User

I think these are better then this poor motorsport.

WRC
F1
F3
British Superbikes
Motor GP
World Super Bikes
British F3
British GT
BTCC
DTM
Le Mans 24
Daker Rally
V8 Supercars
World GT Series
Formula Ford
Formula Renault
TVR_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:44 PM   #30
T-Bird
Regular User

BigDaddy like nthfinity said that's what the sport used to be you just had to gut your interior and install a roll bar/cage and it was good to go. And do you think it looks good for anyone when a driver dies in a car period? It's worse when they die in a fully race prepped car than a 90% STOCK car if you look at it that way.

Also if they took a car off the assembly line, gutted it and installed a roll cage it would be Way cheaper not more expensive and those adverts are sponsors who pay a LOT of money to have their name on the car.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote