Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 01-17-2004, 06:38 PM   #31
gucom
Regular User

Gucom-the one in the show is just dressed up to look like an lm, its actually a gtr. If you look at the back you will se a badge that says "gtr." The one on the grass is a true lm.
yeah ur right stupid of me, the sticker on the front window also says GTR instead of LM

and by the way i forgot to say this earlier:
DAM those are some pretty great pics man, i love em!!! just wish some of em were a bit smaller, this is almost real-life size
it makes reading the posts a bit difficult sometimes, but hey, if u want quality pics u gotta pay i guess!
Old 01-17-2004, 08:11 PM   #32
dylan99
Regular User

What is the difference between a regular F1 an a F1 XP5? Most highspeed test have been done with the XP5 and to my knowledge they aren't XP5 sold to the public?
Old 01-17-2004, 08:15 PM   #33
budagboy2
Regular User

The only difference is that the normal f1 has a revlimiter of 8500rpms, the xp5 doesnt, allowing it to reach a higher top spead. I remember reading like the top spead w/ the revlimiter is like 217(or somewhere around there). The last part is worded kinda weird, if your asking if the xp5 is sold to the public im not completely sure.
budagboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 08:29 PM   #34
tkach
Regular User

wow i guess i must be retarded because i dont love the mclearn wow. damn shame. but i am right. it is too expensive and honestly it dosent impress me that much. their a number of cheaper cars that can do everything it dose cheaper. hell you can buy a used f1 car a real f1 for less them the mclearn. 690 hp v12 thats sad im sure that motor is over $ 150,000 by itself i could build as much more powerful v8 that revs higher for 1/5 th of the coast. what im trying to say here is what clarkson said about the f1 if you dont know what that is is suggest you watch the video. so shitheads because i dont agree with your dumb asses dont mean i dont know anything about the car. it means i just dont like it. and mabye if you got out and really looked into building up cars youd see the f1's specs arnt all that impressive wow it has top speed but when is that use full 200+ is useless speed their are very few tracks you can even go that fast on. and that i think is that cars best selling point. its handeling might be nice and impressive but im sure with the amount of mney into that cars suspension almost any sports car could be made to handel better for a fraction of the coast. i just dont see any value for money sure it looks nice but thats it.
tkach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 08:41 PM   #35
budagboy2
Regular User

you say the specs arent that impressive but yet no stock car can out accelerate it or has a higher top speed. your probably just mad that its faster than any other car you will ever be in.
budagboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 08:45 PM   #36
gucom
Regular User

so shitheads because
1st of all lets stay nice and friendly here

2nd of all, 3.2 secs from 0-100 km/h is better than enzo, koenigsegg, zonda, whatever
28 secs from 0-320 km/h is damn fast as well, although the bugatti is gonna beat that.
1140 kgs for a car capable of carrying 3 ppl and alot of luggage(for a supercar atleast) and carpets and CD player, is very damn light, infact a damn lot lighter than the Ferrari Enzo, and even lighter than the koenigsegg CC8S, which carries only 2 ppl and less luggage, esp. when u got the roof taken off.
it is said to be ALOT of fun when driving it, Tiff Needell thinks its the greatest car in the world even though it doesnt have as much grip as other supercars.

your self-built V8 with over 620HP(690 is only 1 car) will be of MUCH lower quality, although im not exactly a BMW fan i gotta say they made 1 hell of an engine, and not as peaky as most other engines that were provided for the car, plus your self-built engine would, as you say, be a V8, which makes it very likely to be an american V8, which will be HEAVY AS HELL, and gordon murray wanted the engine to be as light as possible, unless u treat it the same way koenigsegg did, but thatll drive the cost of the engine up quite a bit.

and than another thing, u dont love a car for its price, nor do u hate one for it, i'd be more than happy to pay 2million for it if i had it, others wouldnt, but if u forget the price, even u will have to admit its a GREAT car, period.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:33 PM   #37
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by tkach
wow i guess i must be retarded because i dont love the mclearn wow. damn shame. but i am right. it is too expensive and honestly it dosent impress me that much. their a number of cheaper cars that can do everything it dose cheaper. hell you can buy a used f1 car a real f1 for less them the mclearn. 690 hp v12 thats sad im sure that motor is over $ 150,000 by itself i could build as much more powerful v8 that revs higher for 1/5 th of the coast. what im trying to say here is what clarkson said about the f1 if you dont know what that is is suggest you watch the video. so shitheads because i dont agree with your dumb asses dont mean i dont know anything about the car. it means i just dont like it. and mabye if you got out and really looked into building up cars youd see the f1's specs arnt all that impressive wow it has top speed but when is that use full 200+ is useless speed their are very few tracks you can even go that fast on. and that i think is that cars best selling point. its handeling might be nice and impressive but im sure with the amount of mney into that cars suspension almost any sports car could be made to handel better for a fraction of the coast. i just dont see any value for money sure it looks nice but thats it.
Yeah, well you are retarded...you have NO idea what you are talking about. Why did you even look at this thread if you don't like the F1? Did you come here just to stir up trouble? You obviously don't know anything about the McLaren, or supercars in general if you think it's purpose was 'bang for the buck'.

'their a number of cheaper cars that can do everything it dose cheaper' Really? Sure, you could spend $6000 on a used superbike and you would completely destroy ANY car, not just an F1, but who cares. So what if you and your friends can build up a V8, wow, big whop, it’s really hard to make a 454ci V8 produce 600+hp, esp with FI.

Don’t call us ‘sh*theads’ b/c we are more educated than you are about cars…maybe you should watch Tiff’s Top Gear review of the F1, he absolutely loves it. If you think the F1’s selling point is it’s 240mph topspeed then you are a complete idiot…that record was not set until all had been sold, in addition topspeed has nothing to do with what the F1 is about…it is about pure driving. Before you say anything further about the F1, I suggest you go and read this article http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5050.

Here is a quote that should give you an idea of the purpose of the F1:
"The McLaren F1 was created as the purest drivers car, compact and above all ultra-lightweight. It also embodies the most advanced engineering, intricate and elegant detailing and peerless quality" -Gordon Murray

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 10:47 PM   #38
ambry
Regular User

How about some more pics!
Sorry pics off line
ambry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 05:06 AM   #39
poodie
Regular User

WOW :shock:

ive got a few new walpapers, thats a lot
Old 01-18-2004, 07:04 AM   #40
gucom
Regular User

u said it all, sentra_dude
Old 01-18-2004, 07:15 AM   #41
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

The ultimate car is the McLaren F1.. there isn't a more desirable car! and no one could say anything to change that! from all the cars in the world this is at the top of the list!

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 03:02 PM   #42
sentra_dude

Damn, I got so caught up in talking to that fool that I forgot to thank everyone for the pics!

Thanx for the support on the F1 issue...

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 04:26 AM   #43
tkach
Regular User

thats right i know nothing you all know everything thats why your out their building cars. right i should listen to all of you cause you know better then me. ive been working on cars my whole life. and im suppossed to bow down to a bunch of dipshits like you guys. go fuck yourselfs and your overpriced piece of shit. mclearn f1 is for faggots.
tkach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 01:19 PM   #44
supraturbo63
Regular User

I'll try to see if I can find some more later
Old 01-19-2004, 01:32 PM   #45
gucom
Regular User

thats right i know nothing you all know everything thats why your out their building cars. right i should listen to all of you cause you know better then me. ive been working on cars my whole life. and im suppossed to bow down to a bunch of dipshits like you guys. go fuck yourselfs and your overpriced piece of shit. mclearn f1 is for faggots.
dude STOP THE NAMECALLING!!!!!
OK i never said we know more about cars than u do, u just said the F1 is overpriced and a piece of shit, well the overpriced cant be true cos McLaren lost money instead of making any profit, so actually its UNDERPRICED.
and for the piece of shit, well, u might not like it, but if ur realistic, ull HAVE TO ADMIT ITS A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT
your comments on this car show that u know nothing about cars, or feel WAY too good about ur own fav and are too stupid to admit or even reealize that there are better cars, like this McLaren F1. By the way another thing about the overpriced, do u think a Ferrari 360 is an overpriced piece of shit? well according to u it is cos the corvette alway says its got the most bang for the buck, so everything else than a corvette is overpriced piece of shit according to u, huh?

BTW im proud of myself i had the selfcontrol not to start calling u names, cos ppl as stupid and ignorant as u really piss me off