Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 08-01-2004, 12:59 PM   #1
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Default Too many 360s?

So I go to yourkvile yesterday(Torontos Hot SPOT for exotics) and saw 7 360s. First I saw three of them parked at a hotel. Three 360s in a 3 meter radius. Then I just saw 4 parked along the street. All I see lately is 360s, 360s, 360s.......they are becoming as common as 996TTs.

I think that Ferrari over did it with the production numbers for this car. They are too common. Every wanker with enough cash buys one. Every rapper boy, pop star and others with the money buy 360s. I see them on TV all the time, I see them on the street, this car just isnt exclusive anymore...

Anyone else think that?

On the other hand they need to make money
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 01:35 PM   #2
mindgam3
Regular User

I agree, most people just buy it because its a ferrari and they want to pose in it, they don't buy it for the great car it is. They'll just use it to go to the shops in and it'll probably never get over the 4000rpm mark.

I don't think they've over done it though, current production rate is about 3000ish a year, and I think the fact its been out for 4 or 5 years may make it a lil more common than it should be. But seeing as though all the celebrities keep crashing them and the new 430 is coming out soon for them to buy, I doubt we will be seeing as much of it.
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 01:46 PM   #3
SFDMALEX
Regular User

The funny thing is that if the 360 only came with a manual noone of the wanker rapper pop star boys would buy them. That Auto button is the selling point.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
The funny thing is that if the 360 only came with a manual noone of the wanker rapper pop star boys would buy them. That Auto button is the selling point.
I agree....I yet to see a rapper drive a E39 M5 (but it's prolly too low key for them)
Old 08-01-2004, 02:57 PM   #5
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
I agree....I yet to see a rapper drive a E39 M5 (but it's prolly too low key for them)
right, some people just buy em to say i have a ferrari... to show theyve got money and if it comes with auto option, its great for em
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 05:21 PM   #6
ARMAN
Regular User

Default Re: Too many 360s?

Anyone else think that?
hehe my aswer must be NO, here we dont have many, and if you see 2-3 of them in one month its time to celibrate

But I got your point, its becoming common as Camry I guess

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 05:30 PM   #7
SilviaEvo
Regular User

hehe my aswer must be NO, here we dont have many, and if you see 2-3 of them in one month its time to celibrate

it is becoming common but i hardly ever get to see a Ferrari maybe 5 a year excluding those at the car shows
Old 08-01-2004, 05:37 PM   #8
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo

it is becoming common but i hardly ever get to see a Ferrari maybe 5 a year excluding those at the car shows
Really.... i'm not bragging here, but 4-5 modern Ferrari's a week is very common. I don't even go looking for them.... they just come to me. It just so happens that i live near (and travel through) a very rich neibourhood virtually everyday. Not that i see the same cars, it is just impossible to visit Manchester without spotting about 10 SL55 AMG's and a Ferrari
Old 08-01-2004, 05:39 PM   #9
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Well on a saturday night at yourkville. Its an exotics fest. Lambos, Ferraris, Porks and AMGs.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:41 PM   #10
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Really.... i'm not bragging here, but 4-5 modern Ferrari's a week is very common. I don't even go looking for them.... they just come to me. It just so happens that i live near (and travel through) a very rich neibourhood virtually everyday. Not that i see the same cars, it is just impossible to visit Manchester without spotting about 10 SL55 AMG's and a Ferrari
i rarely ever see a Ferrari and when i do im like HOLY :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 08-01-2004, 05:49 PM   #11
TT
Regular User

First of all: next time take a digicamera with you
Old 08-01-2004, 06:16 PM   #12
666fast
Regular User

It's to be expected if you ask me. It's the entry level Ferrari, so it only makes sense that a lot fo people have it. A lot of people have them, but I don't think it's taking it's exclusivity away. (Is Exclusivity a word? LOL)
Just be glad you live in an area where you actually get to see them. I see maybe 2 or 3 a year if I'm lucky.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:20 PM   #13
sentra_dude

Default Re: Too many 360s?

So I go to yourkvile yesterday(Torontos Hot SPOT for exotics) and saw 7 360s. First I saw three of them parked at a hotel. Three 360s in a 3 meter radius. Then I just saw 4 parked along the street. All I see lately is 360s, 360s, 360s.......they are becoming as common as 996TTs.

I think that Ferrari over did it with the production numbers for this car. They are too common. Every wanker with enough cash buys one. Every rapper boy, pop star and others with the money buy 360s. I see them on TV all the time, I see them on the street, this car just isnt exclusive anymore...

Anyone else think that?

On the other hand they need to make money
I agree. It is a shame that so many people that (this is a bit haughty) don't deserve them own the 360. However, you can also look at it in a good way, it shows just how good the car is that so many people have bought it.

I also have to say I am a bit distressed that so many people buy the 360 with the F1 transmission. I also think its a shame Ferrari has taken the same route with the 575, making the F1 transmission an option, basically opening the door to a bunch of wankers buying them. I thought it was great when Ferrari didn't offer the F1 transmission on the 550, in a sense keeping out the people too lazy to drive a real manual, but we have to realize they are a for-profit company, and they have make good business decisions, and offering the F1 is definitely good for business.

I still don't see that many 360s, so I don't think they have become 'too common', they are still special cars, no matter how many you see...

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 11:02 PM   #14
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I guess it makes it more Ferraris for us to enjoy seeing/hearing. However, it has become a wanker's car, and I would never buy one because of that. It reminds me of Thamar's sig.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 11:25 AM   #15
robruf
Regular User

SFDMALEX, just remember that Toronto is the 5th richest city in North America, so there will always be tons of Ferrari's around, however, since a new Ferrari 360 costs around $300,000 CDN, not everyone can afford them, you are just seeing them all in a very super concentrated area, because everyone in hogtown loves to show off what they have, it is very americanized that way. I love Toronto, but there are alot of people who just park their Ferrari's around Yorkville so that they can get some pussy.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote