Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 11-23-2005, 07:44 PM   #31
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by exhausted mules
its the video/computer generation guys.

get used to it.

its the same thing as buying the newest and hottest video card on the market only to have it go half in price when the next comes out.

and what is that...

3 months?
Sorry but by the time the next gen card comes out, which is not 3 months, more like a year, you wont be able to max new games on the previous gen card.

The reason why it goes down in price because it doesnt perform as well as it did 1 year ago because the games have higher demand now.

So this is tottaly different from the console argument.

You buy the console once and it lasts you 5 years.

Anyway I'm waiting till this thing gets the full crack treatment, there is no way I'm paying 70$ for games that I will play a max of 10 hours because of a boring cold winter day.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:30 PM   #32
RC45
Regular User

I would not have done the console scene if it wasn't for Gamestop etc.

Used PS2 and XBox games for $10.

I bought the PS2 and XBox as used refurdbs... - the only new console games I ever bought were GT3 and GT4 for the PS2 and Forza for the XBox - every other title was used.

Call me Mr Cheap Shit...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:03 PM   #33
exhausted mules
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Call me Mr Cheap Shit...
priorities.
exhausted mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:02 AM   #34
ae86_16v
Regular User

Yeah I can't wait for MGS.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 03:58 AM   #35
gigdy
Regular User

I own a N64 and thats it. I plan to buy a ps3 so i can sell it on ebay and hope the same thing happens as is now.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:49 AM   #36
Toronto
Regular User

not a bad idea, maybe I will buy a couple.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:51 AM   #37
5vz-fe
Regular User

Already Getting Problems??
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051124/.../xbox_glitches

Microsoft Reports Isolated Xbox Glitches

Wed Nov 23, 9:39 PM ET

Microsoft Corp. said Wednesday it had received isolated reports of technical problems with its popular new Xbox 360 videogame system.

Some owners complained that their systems were crashing during game play, sometimes with error messages popping up. On http://www.xbox-scene.com, a site dedicated to Xbox gaming, a member called jsgongwon reported that he could not finish the first lap of "Project Gotham Racing 3."

"It's a few reports of consoles here and there not working properly," said Molly O'Donnell, a spokeswoman for Microsoft's Xbox division. "It's what you would expect with a consumer electronics instrument of this complexity .... par for the course."

Gaming fanatics lined up for hours Monday to be among the first to purchase the next-generation system, which was in short supply despite its starting price tag of $299.99. Microsoft hopes to sell 2.5 million to 3 million of the new systems in the first 90 days.

O'Donnell urged anyone with Xbox problems to call 1-800-4myXbox or go to http://www.xbox.com. If the problems can't be resolved immediately, Microsoft said it will pay to ship the console overnight to a repair center, overnight it back once it's fixed, or ship a replacement.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:53 AM   #38
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe

Microsoft Corp. said Wednesday it had received isolated reports of technical problems with its popular new Xbox 360 videogame system.

Some owners complained that their systems were crashing during game play, sometimes with error messages popping up. On http://www.xbox-scene.com, a site dedicated to Xbox gaming, a member called jsgongwon reported that he could not finish the first lap of "Project Gotham Racing 3."

"It's a few reports of consoles here and there not working properly," said Molly O'Donnell, a spokeswoman for Microsoft's Xbox division. "It's what you would expect with a consumer electronics instrument of this complexity .... par for the course."

Gaming fanatics lined up for hours Monday to be among the first to purchase the next-generation system, which was in short supply despite its starting price tag of $299.99. Microsoft hopes to sell 2.5 million to 3 million of the new systems in the first 90 days.

O'Donnell urged anyone with Xbox problems to call 1-800-4myXbox or go to http://www.xbox.com. If the problems can't be resolved immediately, Microsoft said it will pay to ship the console overnight to a repair center, overnight it back once it's fixed, or ship a replacement.
LOL, God bless Windows
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 01:58 AM   #39
MercedeSC32/eSCalade
Regular User

yep, got my xbox yesterday, picked up pgr3 and call of duty 2...nothing really special about the games...unitl you play it on hd quality...dam its nice!!! other than that, nothin really special, just that you can turn off yur xbox via controller, controllers are wireless, you can also hook up yur ipod to it and play yur playlists while you play a game...i had some problems with my 360, where it wouldn't startup at all...but problem somehow resolved by puttin the console horizontal instead of vert...down the road though, i'm definitely getting myself a nintendo revolution...did you see the controller, damn!!!
MercedeSC32/eSCalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:14 AM   #40
5vz-fe
Regular User

I think the Quote of the day should be

"It's what you would expect with a consumer electronics instrument of this complexity .... par for the course."

It is very brave for him to state that phrase!!
Old 11-25-2005, 02:40 AM   #41
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
Originally Posted by 5vz-fe

LOL, God bless Windows
So there you have it... the great advantage of going console was that they were always rock solid and bug free...

This new console seems abotu as much trouble and finicky as a high end PC...
Console 0 - PC 1
Old 11-25-2005, 02:43 AM   #42
5vz-fe
Regular User

Well, that's what the harddrive is for......patches LOL!
Old 11-25-2005, 03:40 PM   #43
RC45
Regular User

I am hoping Sony don't lose sight of the value of a bug free console, and don't count on the consloe having internet access for patching and that they make the PS3 worthy of being a PS2 successor.

So far I have no reason to bother with the XBox360.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:43 PM   #44
exhausted mules
Regular User

sony wouldn't be able to afford a huge recall or anything seriously wrong with their systems.

try taking care of a million pissed off japanese.

they are actually USED to reliability!

having nintendo sticking with just a few developers and mostly staying in the shadows with the older audience.

sony and microsoft are head to head with the adult titles and the big guys in the industry.

so rushing into the battle with faulty systems and a low release title coun't is....

shall we say...

too, microsoft like?

dumb.
exhausted mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:42 PM   #45
5vz-fe
Regular User

Getting Paris Hilton as part of the advertising campaign sure said something about the product.....not about the looks, not about inner qualities.....LOL!!