Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 10-27-2004, 02:36 AM   #1
T-Bird
Regular User

Default San Andreas Official Topic

OK I've been playing this game for a good 12 hours now and I am amazed, The first of 3 maps I am on is bigger than GTA3 and GTAVC put together, it's too damn easy to get lost in.
Getting to the locked maps isn't hard once you build up your character so he can swim long distances (stamina) but when you get to the other map you get an automatic 4 star ratting and are barraged with bullets.
The amount of cars in the game is astonishing and you will find some classic ones from Vice City in the game along with new ones. The game takes place in the Early 90's starts in 91, they talk about the election on the radio (Clinton's 1st term).
The Missions in the game are aplenty and very different but I am stuck on this damn one where you have to impress a chick with your dance moves to get into her van and it's a fucking Dance Dance Revolution knock off. The story line isn't linear exactly either which is really nice.
Developing your character is a huge! part of the game play when you start you are a scrauny little guy and you can choose to get nice and fat or Ripped and full of stamina, but you have to remember to eat or your stats will drop. you even have to dress certain ways at certain points. At first I had a pot belly guy in a wife beater but now his muscle and stamina stats are at max and he can run fast for really long distances, and is pretty damn strong and quick when fighting. you even have to get apropriate hair cuts and tatoos to match your style to gain "Sex appeal" stats.
I forsee a lot of hours spent on this game and my grades starting to slip slightly.
I can't begin to describe how awesome this game is!
I am going to be in game overload! Shellshock, THUG2, Conflict Vietnam, GTA:SA, Halo 2, GT4 (did I miss any?)
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:46 AM   #2
Zarkoff500
Regular User

Half Life 2
Zarkoff500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:52 AM   #3
yg60m
Regular User

2 days to wait here
Old 10-27-2004, 02:54 AM   #4
T-Bird
Regular User

Our priority truck broke down for work and they actually rented an Enterprise Truck to deliver the games overnight so they would be there on time. And there are still places that don't have it yet.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:59 PM   #5
Evo
Regular User

The game is amazing.. I just got 1 problem with it.. .. I have to go back all the way to home to save the game and it's a really long way.. Why can't I just hit start save and continue.. :cry: .. But other than that.. I'm enjoying every bit of it...
Old 10-28-2004, 01:21 PM   #6
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo
The game is amazing.. I just got 1 problem with it.. .. I have to go back all the way to home to save the game and it's a really long way.. Why can't I just hit start save and continue.. :cry: .. But other than that.. I'm enjoying every bit of it...
It was the same with the other games, they had safe houses to save at and it's the same here you can buy other homes if you have the cash.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:21 PM   #7
TT
Regular User

Way better and more realistic that way!
Old 10-28-2004, 01:44 PM   #8
abbor
Regular User

Saving and loading isn't very realistic at all if you think about it..
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #9
TT
Regular User

Ok, so the best solution is to remove them so we would need to play 24/7 for some weeks to finish the game (not that GTA has a real ending afteall )
Old 10-28-2004, 02:56 PM   #10
callen
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo
getting home is half the fun of the game
Old 10-28-2004, 03:46 PM   #11
skituner
Regular User

looks real sweet cant wait to play it
skituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:58 PM   #12
No.1
Regular User

Well.. it comes out tomorrow for us European Folk.

Some of the stores near me (well.. just Game actually ) are opening at midnight just for the game ... shame i won't get there, but i'm gonna pick it up tomorrow morning at 9am.... i was a bit complacnet though, and didn't reserve a copy. I sure hope they still have one in stock ops: I'm sure i will be able to find one in town... they are shipping 4.5 MILLION copies of the game this friday 8)

I've been reading a bit about it online, and it looks amazing... i've stopped reading now. I don't want to read any spoilers

BTW - I agree with callen... driving home is half the fun. I love just cruising around.. soaking up the atmosphere 8)
Old 10-28-2004, 05:02 PM   #13
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
Well.. it comes out tomorrow for us European Folk.

Some of the stores near me (well.. just Game actually ) are opening at midnight just for the game ... shame i won't get there, but i'm gonna pick it up tomorrow morning at 9am.... i was a bit complacnet though, and didn't reserve a copy. I sure hope they still have one in stock ops: I'm sure i will be able to find one in town... they are shipping 4.5 MILLION copies of the game this friday 8)

I've been reading a bit about it online, and it looks amazing... i've stopped reading now. I don't want to read any spoilers

BTW - I agree with callen... driving home is half the fun. I love just cruising around.. soaking up the atmosphere 8)
Actually it was out Thuesday here (not officially, but still... )
Old 10-28-2004, 05:05 PM   #14
No.1
Regular User

^^^ LOL ... is that "Tuesday" or "Thursday"

BTW - 2000th POST 8)
Old 10-28-2004, 05:09 PM   #15
TT
Regular User

The day after Monday Tuesday that is