Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default Wow - is that a little 5th gear teaser in the Forum Title?

Hehehe - looks like Tiff is so powerful, he can alter forum titles by voice command.

Hehe
Old 05-22-2006, 05:55 PM   #2
vexor
Regular User

fanboy

Old 05-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
fsandys
Regular User

Think he went a bit over the top really! Seen other more realistic reviews recently
Old 05-22-2006, 06:01 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by vexor
fanboy
Well - fanboy would be an unjustified fanatic of some severely under performing speciman....

According to Tiff I am just acknowledging, what where his words - oh yeah, something about "The best value supercar on sale today!" ...

And if anyone would know - it would be him right? Unless you consider Tiff Needell to be just another "fanboy"?

Originally Posted by fsandys
Think he went a bit over the top really! Seen other more realistic reviews recently
Funny how as soon as the truth comes out these type comments start to surface... --- Hater..
Old 05-22-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
Daggernite
Regular User

When the new GTR comes out im going to start my own celebration topic like this
Old 05-22-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Funny how as soon as the truth comes out these type comments start to surface... --- Hater..
Oh yeh I guess Tiffs now talking out his ass, so I guess we better listen to Clarkson instead, shit he liked it as well and even the stigg drove the tires off it to set a very nice power lap time.

Cant we just admit that its a decent car guys ?
Old 05-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Oh yeh I guess Tiffs now talking out his ass, so I guess we better listen to Clarkson instead, shit he liked it as well and even the stigg drove the tires off it to set a very nice power lap time.

For some reason I just don't see that happening! LOL
Old 05-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #8
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast

For some reason I just don't see that happening! LOL
Then the new title shall remain I guess
Old 05-22-2006, 06:43 PM   #9
Daggernite
Regular User

I still cant see whos saying its not a decent car? Some people dont like it, but aint that the case with every single car?

Now quick change the name its insulting to us superior european car makers
Old 05-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #10
Minacious
Regular User

I don't give a damn who here doesn't like the way it looks, or cries about the interior, but if you can't admit that it is one of the most amazing performance machines out of the box, then you are a fool.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:32 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
I don't give a damn who here doesn't like the way it looks, or cries about the interior, but if you can't admit that it is one of the most amazing performance machines out of the box, then you are a fool.
Exactly - GM looked and saw what the community was doing with the stock C5 Z06 (and the C5 Coupes) and modding them to 500hp+ and adding suspension bits to make it trun and brake bits to make it stop like a Zonda etc and said "Oi... we're going to build another Le Man race car, why not give these blokes a "modded" car out of the box - with a warranty?"

The 620bhp 599 is probably the only thing under a half million dollars out there that can pose a serious challange to this car right now
Old 05-22-2006, 07:44 PM   #12
fsandys
Regular User

Ok, let me just clear up, I'm not a hater :p I was just messing

But to be honest, comments like the one above are surely a bit wild on the other end of things? 599 the only car under half a million dollars to pose a challenge?

I will happily admit that it seems like stunning performance for the price tag and I'd have it over any 'big three' German offering (except maybe the SLR). But these comments are from personal opinion so lets leave it at that

P.S. Not that it matters but Clarkson didn't rave about it like Tiff, he said it was shocking on the roads :p
Old 05-22-2006, 07:47 PM   #13
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
Exactly - GM looked and saw what the community was doing with the stock C5 Z06 (and the C5 Coupes) and modding them to 500hp+ and adding suspension bits to make it trun and brake bits to make it stop like a Zonda etc and said "Oi... we're going to build another Le Man race car, why not give these blokes a "modded" car out of the box - with a warranty?"
Now if only I could afford one. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I could. In black please.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:53 PM   #14
FoxFour
Regular User

GM could just change the Z06 to the Opel nameplate. Then I guess all the Euro lovers would change their mind-right?
Mind you, I love all of the performance car brands, but what RC says about the mod friendly Corvette is true. Plus, I wonder how high maintainance the Z06 is compared to say, an Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 911's and the Ferrari's and Zonda's? Sure, the car is a Chevy, but you get performance at a Chevy price. I'd be willing to fore-go an exotic interior for some good performance kit.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
Old 05-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Ok, let me just clear up, I'm not a hater :p I was just messing

But to be honest, comments like the one above are surely a bit wild on the other end of things? 599 the only car under half a million dollars to pose a challenge?
OK - lets make it easier then - you have $400,000 to spend - list all the world-wide street legal, rain/sun usable cars that can pose a challange.

You are the one claiming it cannot be possible - so lets see the list?

I will happily admit that it seems like stunning performance for the price tag and I'd have it over any 'big three' German offering (except maybe the SLR). But these comments are from personal opinion so lets leave it at that
Not seems - is

P.S. Not that it matters but Clarkson didn't rave about it like Tiff, he said it was shocking on the roads :p
WHich is complete and utter fucking crap The ham-fisted gorilla with the Kevin Keegan hairdo wouldn't know a decent handling car if it parked up is arse..

Originally Posted by bmuller
^^Agreed. I believe that statement was a little optimistic, but thats not to say the car wouldn't pose a serious threat to most cars with twice or triple its price tag, which needless to say is very impressive.
OK - prove it...
Closed Thread