Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-26-2004, 11:29 PM   #1
Caps8419
Regular User

Default opinions about the proposed rule changes for about 2006....

hey what do u guys think about the proposed rule changes to F1 like.. only one tire manufacturer or replacing the 900+hp v10's with 700hp v8's? whats your thoughts? i think the reduction in speed is just from sponsor pressure to slow it down so you can see the cars as they pass.... i think the appeal of F1 is the speed and the difficulty... otherwise i can just watch crappy nascars or indy cars run themselves in circles.... keep the engines... thats my 2 cents..... 8)

Officially, Catholicism is Italy's official religion; but any true Italian will tell you Ferrari first, soccer second.....
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Montoya should race bumper karts and not F1 race cars!
Caps8419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 02:10 PM   #2
MLWings19
Regular User

I think that some of the rule changes are good....some are bad....and some are down right stupid. For example, the proposal of doing away with the paddle shift gear box is dumb. It has been around for more than 10 years. It isn't the problem. They really need to reduce the cost of the sport. Toyota spending $130 million on their engine budget is way to high. And look where it has gotten them. They need to focus on things that is going to promote competition. I like Schui but I am tired of seeing him win. I found myself cheering this weekend when I saw his accident. Which, by the way, was not the smartest thing to do in the tunnel. More competition (different race winners) will yeild more revenues and more fans of the sport. We have to work on teaching these two celled NASCAR fans what racing is all about.
Not
Another
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks
MLWings19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:40 PM   #3
Caps8419
Regular User

lol, im all for ferrari but its a shame hes prolly gonna retire without anyone actually taking the championship from him like the sport should suggest....

Officially, Catholicism is Italy's official religion; but any true Italian will tell you Ferrari first, soccer second.....
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Montoya should race bumper karts and not F1 race cars!
Caps8419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:45 PM   #4
Tomerville
Regular User

I don't like the decrease in power, but the tire rule isn't that bad. Speed? Nah, I think they ought not to regulate that.

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote