Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-23-2004, 11:59 PM   #31
Zonda11
Regular User

Originally Posted by aj887
As much as I would like to believe the accident was JPM's fault, it was just a combination of strategy placed with bad timing on the part of Schumi and JPM. I would love for it to be JPM's fault because he's been sort of a cry baby as of late, but I think we need to look at the bigger picture here and that is that Schumi is still 5/6 and that Ferrari has podiumed in every single race. I'm sure that it seems like a big deal now, but all the commotion will die down because there's bound to be an even bigger incedent between JPM and Schumacher. Maybe even along the lines of the one that took place between Schumacher and Coulthard at Spa in 1998 which escalated into a fight. I'm sure Michael would like to avoid a fight but it's gonna have to happen at some point so him and JPM can both let their anger out.
As of about a week ago I was hearing a lot about F1 being boring. Maybe if F1 was to allow fist fights after every incident - no one would dare say it is boring.

Zonda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:22 AM   #32
Max Power

Definetly......if u could a sort of bench clearing all out brawl between pits.....say Ferrari vs Williams....aim the refueling hose light it up and see which pits gives up first....that wouldn't be too boring at all
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:58 AM   #33
szumszer
Regular User

first things first: it was an accident

no way in hell was the crash schumi's fault, but I don't think this time JPM did anything intentionally, for once at least, as he honestly tried to avoid schumi; it was JPM's fault for being too close and not stopping, but the circumstances were difficult and moving to the right to avoid schumi's f1 was probably the right move, because if JPM was to abruptly stop in the tunnel, other drivers behind him would crash into each other as well; thus JPM was at fault, but only because the two cars collided after JPM moved along side schumi, however his move to avoid crashing into the back of schumi was the right thing to do at the time; as far as schumi, he did nothing wrong, the front left wheel locked up as he braked near the outside, dirty line filled with rubber marbles; he lost traction, which brought him close to the barrier, and as he tried to avoid hitting the guardrail he crashed into JPM, who by that time was next to schumi; schumi probably was not aware of JPM in that spot as he was concentrating on maintaining control and avoiding the guardrail, but so many here seem to wonder why schumi turned so abruptly in JPM's direction ... simple ... the tunnel turns at that point to the right; yes, it gently curves to the right, but at that end portion, the tunnel has a more abrupt angle to the right, before its exit; that is precisely why schumi had to turn so fast to the right as the corner tightened that way, while trying to maintain control of his f1 by regaining traction in the front and avoiding the guardrail ... it was just an unfortunate accident, there were some mistakes made by JPM, but it was not his fault that schumi crashed into him, it was truly a freak accident at the best GP in the entire f1 season (always monacco, hope someone will be able to host the video, cause this one is worth having on file); as to whether schumi was capable of beating trulli if he did not crash, well, with schumi in the game with so many laps left and some laps he posted, you never know, most likely trulli would have won, but you can never minimize the impact the reigning world champion can have on a race
szumszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:20 AM   #34
ngudan
Regular User

To begin with, i think, it was a very interesting race - and exciting. Had abit of emotions here and there begining mainly with Alonso's shocking retirement, and then, the creme deli creme, shuey's departure from the race. I have to congrats Trulli and Button for their magnficant performance through out the weekend - great racing till the end!

About the incident, i believe it really was an accident (like szumszer said). Just to work with the foundations, i mean, it was a dark tunnel after all, these cars don't have any break lights, and shucks, montoya responded with racing instinct i.e. trying to pass. It's when coincidence after coincidence occur at one time that something magnficant or disastrous happens - like this. Really a big shame shuey departed from the race in this way (especially seeing his left wheel hang loosely by his control arms upon return from the commercial!), however, nonetheless, i believe we all should view this matter in a more "racing" perspective - where anything can and does happen. Just funny how the person who collided with shuey was his 'arch' rival... coincidence hehe

anyway, looking forward to the next round.. nurby!

D.K.D.N
ngudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:48 AM   #35
saadie
Regular User

i dont smoke ........... and yah ...... accidents are accidents

and ya know why ppl hate shumi ......... the reason is tht schumi is winning continously ...... its alwayz been a one sided race ....... im not offending ne one ere ...... the truth is the truth .... n yah i am not one of those ppl who hate him ...
i really like him for hes one of the best drivers ........
Old 05-24-2004, 05:22 AM   #36
Stino
Regular User

There's no doubt: Michael Schumacher is the best driver in the championship ... but boy, when he came out of that tunnel with a broken wheel and nose, that was the best picture of all times.
The accident wasn't Montoya's fault. The braking of MS in that part of the circuit was unprofessional. Not what you expect of a world champion (that won several championships with unprofessional behauviour).
I'm very happy about the victory of Trulli and the second place of Jenson. I hope that this will break the winning spree of MS. Maybe Montoya can break another wheel of MS next week ...
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:51 AM   #37
saadie
Regular User

i agree wid ya Stino ...... MS braked too hard ....... he was prolly ( ya know ) trying Villnauve style ..... skare em off with the smoke thingy ..........

i was thinking .. IF ( i know this aint possible ) but still IF Villnauve joins Ferrari ... think of the destruction he would create .... he is the most daring driver isnt he ...
Old 05-24-2004, 03:51 PM   #38
ingko
Regular User

Oh man, does anyone know of a highlights web site of F1 races?? This one sounded good. I remember a site couple years back used to have 2-3 minute highlights with sound and commentary from tv til it got found by F1 and was shutdown.

I don't know what happened, but I read that Schumacher threw his helmet in the paddock. He was pissed that he caused such a silly accident I bet. Go Montoya, beat the Yankees of F1! :fist:
ingko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:22 PM   #39
noosee
Regular User

I just can't imagine how much shitty things would Montoya say if schema had done same thing to him. He would shout and everyone would blame Michael 4 the accident. And now he is quiet - nothing 2 say.
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:32 PM   #40
schnell318
Regular User

I´m sorry for all you MS fans but it wasn´t Montoya´s fault it was nothing but a racing incident but if someone was to blame then it would be Schumacher, he was the one who braked too hard and made Montoya drive by his side just not to crash into him.
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 12:00 AM   #41
Balls
Regular User

I'm sorry for all you MS haters, but it wasn't Shumacher's fault it was nothing but a racing incident but if someone was to blame then it would be Montoya, he was the one who was following too closely when he knew the car in front of him was trying to keep his tires/brakes warm.
Balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 12:02 AM   #42
Balls
Regular User

darn... doesn't really work when the post is on the next page... hehe

but seriously, my point is that the argument is meaningless. I guess that's why it was ruled race incident.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:04 AM   #43
schnell318
Regular User

Of course it is meaningless there is no point in blaiming montoya just because MS didn´t make it 6 out of 6.
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 12:32 AM   #44
Balls
Regular User

ms wasn't going to win anyway...

not that it has anything to do with montoya taking him out.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:59 AM   #45
Drive4Ever
Regular User

guys, how is that Montoya's fault? i dont like Montoya that much either, but obviously shumi caught Montoya off guard and Montoya tried to go right to avoid him. besides, if Montoya pass him during that period of time, he will get penalize anyway. so either way shumi will still end up on top of Montoya. this debate will just go on and on and on. we'll never found out the truth, like everything else :roll:
Drive4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote