Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-31-2004, 05:30 AM   #1
sads
Regular User

Default IRL Vs CART

Somebody won the Indy 500 today, dont know there name and dont care realy, I was wondering how many others feel the same seeming its IRL exclusive now. I think its a shame that the IRL has virtually killed the CART series off which is better I feel, I mean CART go world wide (or at least try too), and race on more then just crap ovals. What does everyone else think?
sads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 06:13 AM   #2
dons5
Regular User

well ovals are hard and tricky too, but i agree with u Cart is still the real "Indy Cars" u know what i mean and there better
Old 05-31-2004, 12:24 PM   #3
danroz
Regular User

It sucks that CART is being killed off and the IRL is still prosperous but NASCAR is unfortunately popular so it makes IRL popular as well...thats the reason why we don't have any American F1 drivers. I think if CART went to the FIA for sponsorship it might still be around
Old 05-31-2004, 08:42 PM   #4
Max Power

YAH!! ... Letterman's car WON ...

But I still don't c the point of going 200mph...burning 2gal/mile of methanol for 500miles... IN A CIRCLE (whatever oval)...worthless
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 03:04 AM   #5
dons5
Regular User

well i see the point in it, but F1 is the best and thats it
Old 06-01-2004, 03:45 AM   #6
dingo
Regular User

I like F1 the most aswell, but it could do with some parity and overtaking like the other two series have.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:08 AM   #7
dons5
Regular User

ya even cart is suffering the front wing lackin downforce cause of the dirty air effect more these days they need major rule changes
Old 06-01-2004, 06:09 AM   #8
dons5
Regular User

actually everyone is lol
Old 06-03-2004, 03:32 AM   #9
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

I was actually at the Indy 500, and I have always thought it was stupid because they just go in circles but I have a lot more respect for them now because I didnt realize how fast they were going..and how much skill is involved..buddy rice was the name of the guy who won..and he looked like a pretty good driver..F1 is still the best in the world and hopefully it always will be.
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:01 AM   #10
dons5
Regular User

ya there hittin more then 370 on thos straights man