Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Sports Car Forum > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here. Make new friends and get to know other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
AntR
Regular User

Default Hi, new MW Member...

... Well, new to the forums that is. Been downloading some of the excellent torrents for a while now (and trying desperately hard to maintain a 1:1 ratio on my decidedly average internet connection ).

Anyways a little about me (or at least as much as I'm prepared to divulge to a bunch of anonymous strangers on an internet forum, no offence intended of course )... Huge car fan, very few things that could make me miss an episode of Top Gear, and love motorsports (F1 notwithstanding).

Bit obsessed with 'classic' Mercedes and BMW's if for no other reason than I'm living in Thailand currently and they're really the only viable option when it comes to anything decent. For those that don't know much about Thailand - and actually probably more surprising for those that do - cars here are unfortunately stupidly overpriced relative to just about everything else. It's no exaggeration that what sits in the driveway can often cost more than the house itself.

Bascially you can expect to pay double, often more, for the same car than you would in other countries. Just by way of example (because I'm looking at it now) a 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo goes for about B17,500,000 which is around 280,000 Great Britain Squid (or $560,000 of the US Peso) Absolute insanity I tells ya.

So whilst I'm sure it pales in comparison to the cars some members probably drive that's why I currently drive an '88 Mercedes 280CE (well, that and I love them). Even then I paid about double what I would've back home. Oh well, can't have it all I suppose.

Anyways apologies for the extended lament/rant on car prices here! Just wanted to say hi and look forward to reading and having (hopefully) some input into the forums. Cheers.
AntR is offline   Reply With Quote