Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
harryo2b
Regular User

Default IRS FUCKING SUCKS!

The FUCKING IRS is the most useless organization in the United States of America! They are slow at processing paper files(submitted in May 07 still no answer), incompetent when speaking on the phone, hire what seem to be lower class people and beyond rude when handling a customers call.

Why can't they get it through their dinosaur sized brains that if my wife has never entered the US of A then how can i input any "Date Of Entry:" (into the US) on the good ol' fucking form W-7!@#%$@#$^%(*

Screw these people and this agency. I wish Russia would test their new "father of all bombs" on this/these places and start fresh...sure it would fuck up life in the US for a long time but who gives a shit it would make me feel a whole lot better right now!!!!

Sorry the rant. 15 mins of conversation 50 mins of being on hold all while being an international call and this being at least the 4th call since application. It's been a shitty summer for me...need to check my blood pressure...

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:18 AM   #2
RC45
Regular User

IRS or INS?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
Mattk
Regular User

^Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Not sure how "date of entry" applies with tax returns.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk
^Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Not sure how "date of entry" applies with tax returns.
head of household, and deductions etc.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
blinkmeat
Regular User

you dont need to pay income tax in the USA I thought ... bmwm606 is right
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #6
harryo2b
Regular User

IRS, yes the Internal Revenue Service.

W-7; application for individual tax identification number.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

But as a non-resident wy is she liable for taxes?
Thats why they are on about the "entry date".
Old 09-13-2007, 03:48 PM   #8
harryo2b
Regular User

She's not. As my dependent she actually saves me money but that can only be done with the ITIN. ITIN's are also necessary for anything related to banking/financial crap...

Either way the IRS are fucking idiots. Just found out 3 other people are having various other issues all related to the ITIN section of the IRS. Trend seems to be one person has been accepted for one thing while the next has been denied for the same exact damn thing even when both have been completed precisely the same.

They have no clue that a notary public by a DoD JAG was a legal entity!@#$!#@$% Sure as hell ain't the first time some military member married a foreign national.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Well - if you are trying to squeeze the IRS for a few bucks of course they are going to want a SS or ITIN for the person you claim to be taking car eof.

Quite frankly, until you guys move back to the states, it would probably have been easier to just leave things alone..
Old 09-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #10
79TA
Regular User

^I hope you don't vote in support of various government programs if you have little or no interest in paying taxes yourself. The IRS is just another necessary evil that results from big government. Get over it.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:37 PM   #11
79TA
Regular User

I didn't say anything about what I thought about tax brackets or what taxes were used/wasted for. When you have a large bumbling government taking in lots of money, someone has to make sure everyone does their part as required by law. So what do you propose we do? Kill the IRS and make a new identical organization and just call it something else?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #12
harryo2b
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Well - if you are trying to squeeze the IRS for a few bucks of course they are going to want a SS or ITIN for the person you claim to be taking car eof.

Quite frankly, until you guys move back to the states, it would probably have been easier to just leave things alone..
Well I am not squeezing them for a few bucks, it's more like I'm getting back the money i loaned them or they squeezed out of me

As for waiting. Well with 3+ years overseas yet or more and the necessity to get a job and open a bank account the ITIN is critical.

At the moment I'm over the IRS issue and now want to find a Russian hitman to carry out my dirty work. Need some house cleaning done!

Ok, not really but do need to rid of someone and move them to another line of work.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by harryo2b
Originally Posted by RC45

Well I am not squeezing them for a few bucks, it's more like I'm getting back the money i loaned them or they squeezed out of me

As for waiting. Well with 3+ years overseas yet or more and the necessity to get a job and open a bank account the ITIN is critical.

At the moment I'm over the IRS issue and now want to find a Russian hitman to carry out my dirty work. Need some house cleaning done!

Ok, not really but do need to rid of someone and move them to another line of work.
Well - I may know a couple people in the cleanup business
Old 09-15-2007, 01:07 AM   #14
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmw06m6
^ Remove all form of taxes--decentralizethe federal govt--only allow budgets for security on the federal level--gives states the rights they had--give the power back to the people--start using that paper that was wrote in the late 1770s again.
Until that decentralizing happens, we'll need the IRS or something pretty much identical. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of states' rights and localized government, but there's really not much that would be worth overhauling the IRS for with the way things are now.