Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Nice
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #17
philip
Regular User

Update at 5:20 CDT

"I just received this from Tom Parsons:

I can no longer post on CF (ask me if I'm surprised). If you are so inclined, would you be kind enough to post it on CF.
Thanks.
Tom Parsons "

It continues to deteriorate.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #18
philip
Regular User

Dale Earnhardt?

I'm picturing this was written by the boss from Office Space, what were the forms called TPF forms.

If posting this suff is getting too hot for the website, let me know I'll stop and take it all down. Its getting hard to find, as stuff is getting taken down very fast.

"One of the moderators pointed out this morning that it’s been a month since the announcement on the acquisition of Corvetteforum.com by Internet Brands and then he asked if there is any new direction forthcoming for the site.

I’ll share with the rest of you my response because it’s possible we’ll see one of the changes mentioned sooner, rather than later.

I told the moderators there have been no edicts on changes for Corvetteforum and that the only changes I thought we’d see for the short term would be an effort to position the Forum so its advertising options are similar enough to those of some other IB sites to allow for cross-site sales to current and future vendors.

I cited as an example an e-mail I was copied on recently where an agency was interested in doing a streaming video promotion of something having to do with Dale Earnhardt. My response was that we should go ahead and consider making the format change to accommodate streaming videos.

It’s something Troy and I have discussed in the past, but were never able to pull it off. I see a lot of potential in streaming videos both for current advertisers, including Google, but also to use in promoting events such as our annual Cruise-In to Bowling Green.

As it turns out, the concept has gathered a head of steam quicker than I anticipated and may come into being before the end of the week. The first use of the streaming video promotion will be to promote a made-for-TV movie about Dale Earnhardt, the Intimidator.

That should make for an interesting launch of the streaming video concept because of the close association between Earnhardt, Chevrolet and the Corvette Racing Team. The promotion will have to start pretty quickly because the movie will air on cable TV one day next week.

To accommodate the streaming video promotions, the tech folks are working on the coding to block out a square near the top right of each page. That will mean the first post in each thread will wrap around the block.

That will give us a different look than we’re used to, but I have seen it used on some other sites and don’t find it objectionable.

Once the formatting is done and the streaming video on the Big E movie starts running, let me know via PMs or e-mail ([email protected]) what you think of it and any suggestions you might have on how to use the slot – both for advertisers and for Forum promotions when the space is not sold.

Thanks,

Jim Willis
Corvetteforum.com "
Old 09-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #19
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Things like this is what make Jabbas so special... hope Jabba never feel the need to "sell" the board, so please donate guys so we can keep the site as what it is now!!
Thanks for all the kind words, I dont think the site is quite as good as it once was but its nice to know a few of you are still enjoying it
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote