Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 12-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #61
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I think it's obvious that I didn't read that while I was typing. Yes. I assumed that it was in PAL format, and I was wrong. But would you stop freaking out? It's just a game.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #62
Bizi Jones
Regular User

no one is freaking out...I simply despise ignorant self proclaimed know it alls who post the first thing that comes into their minds...without first finding out the facts or basing their opinion on something other than a 1min trailer or 4 pictures
Bizi Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #63
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

PLEASE for gods sake creators of Gran Turismo get better sound effects they're still god awful
Old 12-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #64
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life View Post
PLEASE for gods sake creators of Gran Turismo get better sound effects they're still god awful

I agree. The cars (with the exception of a small few) have never sounded accurate. The NFS Series does a better job of making the cars sound like they are supposed to.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #65
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Bizi Jones View Post
no one is freaking out...I simply despise ignorant self proclaimed know it alls who post the first thing that comes into their minds...without first finding out the facts or basing their opinion on something other than a 1min trailer or 4 pictures
Enough jibber jabber - I see with my Japan PlaystationStore account there is a GT5rologue for sale for Y4,500 (about $45 I believe).

Is this a download of the game or a shipped DVD?

I have can see where to add my CC info so a download purchasewould easy to pull off - but filling in address info will be - weel really tough, I forgot how to read Japanese - don't you start on the right and read up standing backwards or something?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:22 PM   #66
Bizi Jones
Regular User

heh...I thinks that's arabic you're thinking of...its just a dl of the game...(warhawk)
Bizi Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:22 PM   #67
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Enough jibber jabber - I see with my Japan PlaystationStore account there is a GT5rologue for sale for Y4,500 (about $45 I believe).

Is this a download of the game or a shipped DVD?

I have can see where to add my CC info so a download purchasewould easy to pull off - but filling in address info will be - weel really tough, I forgot how to read Japanese - don't you start on the right and read up standing backwards or something?
http://www.gtplanet.net/guides/index...se_PS3_Account
might this help?
Old 12-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #68
RC45
Regular User

I have had a Japanese account since day 1, the problem I have now confirmed by experiment that a traditional Credit Card is no good for use one either the UK PSN or the Japanese PSN - pity, there are some interesting bits to buy hehe

Anyway, I had to treat myself to an earlt Christmas gift.. I have a copy of GT5rologue Japanese Edition being Fedexed

I understand the game will be here in the US in "early" 2008 - whatever that means, I guess it cold be in January or May hehe.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:43 PM   #69
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by fabro_s View Post
...and get Lamborghini and Porsche for gods sake, they want to make a car encyclopedia without two of the most important car makers in the world, its like an encyclopedia that doesnt mention the roman empire or the egyptians.....
Hehe, I like the way u said it. I agree!
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #70
crasherror
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
I have had a Japanese account since day 1, the problem I have now confirmed by experiment that a traditional Credit Card is no good for use one either the UK PSN or the Japanese PSN - pity, there are some interesting bits to buy hehe

Anyway, I had to treat myself to an earlt Christmas gift.. I have a copy of GT5rologue Japanese Edition being Fedexed

I understand the game will be here in the US in "early" 2008 - whatever that means, I guess it cold be in January or May hehe.
Where did you order it from?
Old 12-14-2007, 01:30 AM   #71
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by fabro_s View Post
Ive been a GT fan since GT1, but those engine nosies, hell, they put me in a bad mood, specially when you compare them to those on Forza 2, just hearing the Gallardo, or the F430 or the GT3RS in Forza 2 makes the game a little bit more "real".

I really hope Polyphony makes a good one with GT5, I wont complain with the graphics, or the interior view, but please!! fix the AI, fix those engine noises a.k.a (vacuum cleaner engines), and get Lamborghini and Porsche for gods sake, they want to make a car encyclopedia without two of the most important car makers in the world, its like an encyclopedia that doesnt mention the roman empire or the egyptians.....

I couldn't agree more. I am a huge fan of all the Gran Turismos, but god damnit, we are not on PS One anymore! I swear they are using the same piece of shit engine, tire squeak, kerb bouncing, and wind noise sound effects as in GT2 or maybe even the first GT! They sounded great in PS One days, but FFS, we are on the PS3 now. Same goes for the brain-dead AI. I hope they finally put some fucking tire marks in this one too. That has always bugged me about Gran Turismo, I like to see evidence of my donuts/burnouts painted on the track in rubber. Thank & Praise the lord that they have finally added in-car views. I don't care that much about damage, but COME on Polyphony, pull through with some kick-ass engine noises for GT5.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:34 AM   #72
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by crasherror View Post
Where did you order it from?
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-2bns.html
Old 12-14-2007, 02:40 AM   #73
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude View Post
I couldn't agree more. I am a huge fan of all the Gran Turismos, but god damnit, we are not on PS One anymore! I swear they are using the same piece of shit engine, tire squeak, kerb bouncing, and wind noise sound effects as in GT2 or maybe even the first GT! They sounded great in PS One days, but FFS, we are on the PS3 now. Same goes for the brain-dead AI. I hope they finally put some fucking tire marks in this one too. That has always bugged me about Gran Turismo, I like to see evidence of my donuts/burnouts painted on the track in rubber. Thank & Praise the lord that they have finally added in-car views. I don't care that much about damage, but COME on Polyphony, pull through with some kick-ass engine noises for GT5.
Agreed. I've played all the GT series up until the demo and can't wait to try out Prologue. However, the physics have always been a glaring flaw. For a while I had fun "tuning" for 1/4 mile and top speed runs. The magical gear ratio "cheating" can be forgiven. However, if you go to a lower (as opposed to taller - no I have no confusion about how gear ratios work) final drive ratio and the car is not topping out before the end of the quarter mile, it has no business getting significantly slower. Likewise, switching to 2.5 somethings in the rear of an otherwise stock '64 GTO should not make it faster! Who coded that?!?!?!

The GT series saving grace is its good graphics and sheer number of cars since driving them isn't all that fun in the game. I hope the greater level of detail doesn't prevent GT5 from showcasing a massive number of cars.

Until then though, I'll be enjoying my new 360 with Forza 2 (limited edition).
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:04 AM   #74
crasherror
Regular User

On it way! Thanks again!