Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-13-2005, 05:55 PM   #31
Anonymous

Originally Posted by dodo
..we are not in america dude!
or GB :roll:
Old 07-13-2005, 06:13 PM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
Originally Posted by dodo
..we are not in america dude!
or GB :roll:
-- you mean "only GB".

TT - I have read a number of stories of people who got a seat in the RinGTaxi on the day - because many times the booking is for only 1 or 2 people - and you can "buy" that last seat right there at the moment.

So be sure to enquire about cancellations or open seats.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 06:14 PM   #33
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
TT - I have read a number of stories of people who got a seat in the RinGTaxi on the day - because many times the booking is for only 1 or 2 people - and you can "buy" that last seat right there at the moment.

So be sure to enquire about cancellations or open seats.
Thanks for the tip dude! I will do!
Old 07-13-2005, 11:51 PM   #34
dingo
Regular User

I actually just found out about this event yesterday - and the list of Ferrari's that plan to attend is incredible! :shock:

So it is sensational news that we have a couple of JW members attending, meaning we get plenty of high-res pics.

I hope (know) you have fun guys - and one last thing - YOU LUCKY BASTARDS!
Old 07-14-2005, 04:53 AM   #35
TT
Regular User

I stopped trying to find out lists of the cars, to avoid beeing let down if some of them won't show up and also to have the surprise, but dingo, any idea about how many cars could be there?

And 250 GTO? I read somewhere that one will be there for sure... more maybe?
Old 07-14-2005, 05:07 AM   #36
dingo
Regular User

Well I have a list of the cars that turned up in 2003 - and it numbers around 235 cars (only counting Ferrari's)! :shock: I would assume there will be even more this year since new models have been introduced since that years event.

Among those was only 1 250 GTO - but not sure how many will attend this year.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:12 AM   #37
TT
Regular User

Ok, Yes I had the 2003 list too and I was on the floor, covered with drool obviously :shock:

I guess I will need to punch some holes in the A4 floor because during the 600 km trip I will drool so much, looking forward to the day... :roll:
Old 07-14-2005, 05:20 AM   #38
dingo
Regular User

I have just been reading a bit more about this event (as now I have a reason to be interested ) - and a MC12 and 250 GTO are confirmed!

Yes – a real `62 GTO and not a conversion shows up confirmed by the owner!!!
and possibly another one:

I can contribute a friend's 250GTO as well as my testarossa.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:42 AM   #39
TT
Regular User

Oh yes, I went far enough in that topic to read about the confirmed GTO and the possible one! Well, one is already plenty enough!
Old 07-14-2005, 09:34 AM   #40
ARMAN
Regular User

Damn! Damn! Damn! I cant belive I missed this topic I wish I could go too This going to be a fantastic trip, tonns of great cars to see and NR!!! Take as much pics is possible. Dont forget "custom pic" ala me and Dani in Prague.., I mean all guys met togeather

Cannot wait to see your report and your experince/impression from the ring. Just dont take pics while driving, we all know you are crazy enough to do it

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:29 AM   #41
st-anger
Regular User

...good to see u guys go to NS, i´m sure u´ll enjoy your trip there and i promise, EVERY km is worth the drive - BUT ( and plz be sure that i don´t want to make u guys feel bad/fear in any respect ) - plz drive EXTRA safe on your first laps on NS, even when it´s "just" an Audi 1.8T, we lost 3 (!!!) enthusiasts over the last four weeks due to accidents and i think we all agree that this is already more than enough for this summer...

well, have a safe trip and be sure to take some pics of the many many Porsches there...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #42
TT
Regular User

Dani, of course on German autobahn you always have at least to pass the 200 mark once But the biggest part of the trip will be in Switzerland and France sadly :roll:

I just hope this time it will be the 190 hp version and not the underpowered one

And Stefan, don't worry, I am not a dumb teen anymore and I know when it's time to be crazy and when I must turn into wise-TT! Most important, I won't be alone in the car, so definitely no crazyness. I suppose I will aim at a sub 15 minutes lap
Old 07-14-2005, 03:33 PM   #43
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
And Stefan, don't worry, I am not a dumb teen anymore and I know when it's time to be crazy and when I must turn into wise-TT! Most important, I won't be alone in the car, so definitely no crazyness. I suppose I will aim at a sub 15 minutes lap
...lol, u needn´t tell me that and as i said - or tried to - this is NOT about "big old daddy tells u to....bla bla bla" but about trying to "teach" not only u but everyone who´ll get on NS some day out of the "PSII generation", when i may say so, it´s not only the "young guns" who´re dying more and more but the "more experienced" with ~50 laps and two of the last 3 deaths were in the "way over 100" club, so it´s not necessarily the young drivers...
as there´re many readers in here ( in this topic ) this should have more been an educational hint from my side in general to public, so no offense to u...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:17 PM   #44
TT
Regular User

No offense taken at all, especially from you! You are one of the nicest and coolest persons around dude! I respect you and what you say! Always!

I will really be wise, despite the BIG excitment going on! The NS was always one my my aims as far as car stuff goes and it always seemed so damn far an out of reach! And now, PAF, in exactly 8 days I will have at least a couple of laps behind my shoulders, or should I say "tires"?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:32 PM   #45
dodo
Regular User

TT is happy, nervous and jumpy like a little child a few days before christmas!

exoticsonroad.com
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote