Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-21-2005, 11:21 AM   #16
TT
Regular User

He is on the court right now and things look pretty bad already.. so as expected, once again, he won't go that far and beeign 30, he really won't have many more opportunities :roll:
Old 06-21-2005, 11:29 AM   #17
Anonymous

Originally Posted by TT
He is on the court right now and things look pretty bad already.. so as expected, once again, he won't go that far and beeign 30, he really won't have many more opportunities :roll:
Yup just tuned in just now, and he's almost definately on his way out IMO :roll: Well at least it wil be less of an anti climax apparently that andy Murray played well though. So the Brits still have some hope for the future maybe.......

Looks like roddick came back well from a slighty shaky second set too. Thats the only bit of that match i saw, when i came in for a bite to eat, and he wasn't that impressive i have to say.

BTW how many grass courts do finland have
Old 06-21-2005, 12:05 PM   #18
TT
Regular User

Uhm, with some effort he took the 3rd set :shock: well, well done I guess.

Actually even if I am sure he can't win Wimbledon, it would be a pity to see him go out that soon. I always saw him as one of the few "pure" players, Wimbledon style I would say: he always wear white (even in other tournaments where it isn't mandatory), he has a classic style of play, a serve & volley we don't see that often these days, so definitely when he is inspired it is marvellous to watch :bah:
Old 06-21-2005, 12:27 PM   #19
TT
Regular User

And well, respect Tim.. 4 set for him with ease at the right moment :bien:

He needed 3 hours but now he found his marks it seems
Old 06-21-2005, 01:00 PM   #20
Anonymous

LOL we wrote him off to soon, i was a lucky charm Still he wasn't really that convincing, don't think he'll go far
Old 06-21-2005, 01:05 PM   #21
TT
Regular User

Indeed, his experience paid off and after 3 hours, even if it's the first match of the tournament, you need it to keep going and take it home. That Eminemineminwhatever lost because of his lack of experience IMO.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:13 PM   #22
Anonymous

Originally Posted by TT
Indeed, his experience paid off and after 3 hours, even if it's the first match of the tournament, you need it to keep going and take it home. That Eminemineminwhatever lost because of his lack of experience IMO.
LOL yeh total unpronouncable! They said he broke his wrist a couple of years back, when he was just emerging , never heard of him before, but certainly made a good account of himself. He was all over the court fromwhat i saw, but as you say henmans experience paid off, not the first time he has been in this kind of situation for sure! :roll: he likes to tease us!
Old 06-22-2005, 12:32 PM   #23
TT
Regular User

So, what about today's matches? I only watched the first two sets of Philippousis v Safin and then switched to Federer obviously...

Once again, Philippousis had physical troubles... he always had the potential (mainly thanks to a mighty serve), but never exploited it fully because of such problems and Safin went through. He is a better player IMO, but still, I would have liked a better match.

As for Federer, impressive performance against a pretty good player!
Old 06-22-2005, 04:29 PM   #24
No.1
Regular User

Rusedski's out.... now all british support lies upon "tiger" Tim :roll: He won't make it, after such a troubled start to the tournament, he will not be mentally on form to win.

Old 06-23-2005, 05:51 AM   #25
Anonymous

Originally Posted by TT
So, what about today's matches? I only watched the first two sets of Philippousis v Safin and then switched to Federer obviously...

Once again, Philippousis had physical troubles... he always had the potential (mainly thanks to a mighty serve), but never exploited it fully because of such problems and Safin went through. He is a better player IMO, but still, I would have liked a better match.

As for Federer, impressive performance against a pretty good player!
Yeh always seems to happen to him , totally spoiled the match. Still can't see anyone stopping federer, early days though i suppose

Originally Posted by thenumber1
Rusedski's out.... now all british support lies upon "tiger" Tim :roll: He won't make it, after such a troubled start to the tournament, he will not be mentally on form to win.

Yeh and that new kid murray don't think he played again yet, but don't expect him to progress much further this time, if at all. As for tim well it would take such a step up in performance to progress far in this tornament. Suppose stranger things have happened....... but not much
Old 06-23-2005, 06:12 AM   #26
Mattk
Regular User

Go Hewitt! Yeah!

Just wanted to get that out
Old 06-23-2005, 12:07 PM   #27
Anonymous

Henman out, unsurprising really, though in parts i thought he played alot better than his previous match. Still didn't play well enough and thats what counts, not to be harsh on his opponent but tim henman should be more than capable of beating him IMO. Just didn't seem like he was ever coming out to attack and beat the guy really

Nadal out, more of a surpise to me!, i will have to catch the highlights tonight or see if they do anything on interactive.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:07 PM   #28
No.1
Regular User

Well, Tim's out. No great suprise. :roll: What was suprising was the crowd cheering at double faults in henmans favour, and "ooing" and goading Tursunov when he let off a bit of steam. The English never get it right IMO.

And out goes Nadal. Of course, it would have been a dream for him to have got further, but he has plenty more Wimbledon visits to look forward to 8)
Old 06-23-2005, 12:11 PM   #29
Anonymous

Originally Posted by thenumber1
What was suprising was the crowd cheering at double faults in henmans favour, and "ooing" and goading Tursunov when he let off a bit of steam. The English never get it right IMO.
Yeh i hate that sort of thing, to many idiots in the crowd whatever the sport. Like at the football where if our national anthem is boo'd we sink to their level :roll:
Old 06-23-2005, 01:27 PM   #30
Anonymous

Dare i jink him?? GOOOOOOO Andy Murray, playing damn well at the moment **EDIY** well done i didn't jink ya