Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #151
davide
Regular User

My god!

Love the boats, love the cars!!!

and that Wallypower! It's just soooo incredible! Got any more pics, just post em and i'll have them.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:09 PM   #152
Astonfan
Regular User

:shock: damn, i looked through this entire thread, besides monaco, where the hell do these people keep these things, more importantly what the hell is in their garages
Astonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:55 AM   #153
marktak
Regular User

Car and Superyachtlover!!!
marktak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 12:06 PM   #154
adamwich
Regular User

Amazing yachts!! :shock:
Old 09-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #155
yg60m
Regular User

Really amazing !! Thank you for the pics mate
Old 09-22-2005, 10:40 PM   #156
Astonfan
Regular User

those last 2 night shots are stunning
Old 09-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #157
ae86_16v
Regular User

Man these are cruise ships, not yachts. . .
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 06:13 AM   #158
marktak
Regular User

This is a post dedicated to the yacht named slipstream. P.Diddy rented it lately to have some nice parties on it....and to relax on it, I suppose.

Old 09-27-2005, 06:58 AM   #159
stmoritzer
Regular User

Thanks forthe new bunch of pics

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #160
marktak
Regular User

Whether you admire the exterior styling of the late Jon Bannenberg or find his cutting-edge yacht designs too, well, edgy, you have to admit that the profile he created for Rising Sun is extraordinary. While some of the largest megayachts in the world have superstructures so towering you wouldn’t be surprised if they caused a solar eclipse, that’s not the case with this new launch, thanks to her sleek stature. The photo here was taken this summer when the yacht first emerged from Lürssen’s build shed, shortly before sea trials; while her windows were covered and there was still some exterior work to do, she’s no less an impressive and indeed imposing sight. Confidentiality agreements have kept everything from details of her design and engineering to renderings of her interior features from being released to the media. Even Lürssen would only refer to her as LE120, her project name: “LE” for Larry Ellison, “120” for her original length in meters. Those of you who are math whizzes have probably figured out that the LOA above doesn’t equate to 120 meters; rather, it’s 138 meters. Why’d the length change? No one associated with the project is permitted to speak publicly, but that hasn’t stopped yacht-spotters worldwide from conjecturing that Ellison wanted to ensure that his yacht would be larger than Paul Allen’s (see no. 2), which was also being built by Lürssen around the same time. Whether or not that’s the reason, one thing we’re pretty certain of is that she’s the first yacht to feature 20-cylinder, 12,000-hp MTU Series 8000s. If she has the four powerplants that we’ve heard she does, then she boasts an astounding 48,000 hp. She also has three tenders in the 40-foot range that were custom-built in New Zealand, two being traditional monohulls to carry guests and crew, and the third being a twin-hulled landing craft to carry a four-wheel-drive vehicle. But our favorite factoid about her comes from Melanie Craft, the novelist who’s also Ellison’s wife. She was reported by Women’s Wear Daily as saying, “I tried to get Larry to call it Princess Melanie, but that got shot down pretty fast.”

If you have a close look you can see Mr. Larry Allisson shoot some hoop on his aft deck. It is the guy dressed in khaki pants and the blue or black shirt.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:05 PM   #161
adamwich
Regular User

Amazing Yacht. The first two pictures are taken in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:39 PM   #162
davide
Regular User

hum, alot of these last photos were taken in stockholm.
Actually saw his boat but had no camera

sure the first two are taken i copenhagen? looks like stockholm to me.. not sure, but alot of them are from stockholm!

okay, the first might be copenhagen, but the rest have to be stockholm!