Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-31-2003, 04:56 PM   #31
TT
Regular User

If we're limiting downloads only to "good" (sorry, not really the right term...) members, is because bandwidth costs... if leeches will have them from other members back channel, we can do nothing, but at least they won't eat Jabba's bandwidth ..
Old 08-31-2003, 04:59 PM   #32
mendocino
Regular User

I think jabba is trying to get rid of leech just for a bandwith reason... We don't care if someone send a vid from here to another person... as long as they use their connection and so they don't suck all jabba's.......... bandwith... that's it. only technical reason IMO (correct me jabba if I'm wrong)

edit: TT hmmm tough transmission do you think???
Old 08-31-2003, 05:07 PM   #33
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by mendocino
I think jabba is trying to get rid of leech just for a bandwith reason... We don't care if someone send a vid from here to another person... as long as they use their connection and so they don't suck all jabba's.......... bandwith... that's it. only technical reason IMO (correct me jabba if I'm wrong)

edit: TT hmmm tough transmission do you think???
Telepaty is always a nice way to communicate, but you didn't get the last part I was sending to you "wait, I'm posting that"
Old 08-31-2003, 05:30 PM   #34
robruf

well that part of the equation was not known by me, i understand now. sorry for such a short post.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:37 AM   #35
Jabba
Regular User

Is it me or does it seem like all the spamming has now stopped ???
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 04:47 AM   #36
666fast
Regular User

No, it's not just you. I'm guessing people are afraid that they are gonna be pointed out and lose their downloading privliges.
Do you know who downloads the videos Jabba? As in, if I download a certain video, will you know I downloaded it?
If you can, with a little bit of spare time, you could single out those who are downloading without posting reviews and get rifd of them. I'm sure it would save some of your bandwidth.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:49 AM   #37
sbbs
Regular User

Yeah, I think it's stopped. Maybe they've changed.
sbbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 05:01 AM   #38
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
No, it's not just you. I'm guessing people are afraid that they are gonna be pointed out and lose their downloading privliges.
Do you know who downloads the videos Jabba? As in, if I download a certain video, will you know I downloaded it?
If you can, with a little bit of spare time, you could single out those who are downloading without posting reviews and get rifd of them. I'm sure it would save some of your bandwidth.
You can see who is able to download the videos from the list of people in the user group...at the moment I can only track the amount of bandwidth used for each video I have uploaded....
Old 09-01-2003, 05:49 AM   #39
draak666
Regular User

That gokugt4 still managed to posted some stupid things today. I don't know if his posts should be considered as 'so stupid it becomes funny' or as a nuisance. Best not give him access when he reaches 50.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 10:32 AM   #40
zr2man99
Regular User

Jabba, I really want to know why I was taken off the download list. I have posted reviews to your great videos and I haven't post whored at all. I only post when I have something interesting or praising to say. So please reconsider and put me back on the list.
zr2man99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 11:24 AM   #41
Jabba
Regular User

TT runs the downloading group and if he has removed you then I am sure he has a very good reason for doing so....I am sure if you send him a PM he will explain the situation to you...
Old 09-01-2003, 11:36 AM   #42
draak666
Regular User

Originally Posted by zr2man99
I only post when I have something interesting or praising to say.
It is also allowed to post critical remarks. Interesting and praising make the perfect ad campaign. And as you know ads are stupid and boring.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 11:44 AM   #43
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by draak666

It is also allowed to post critical remarks.
hey I didnt know this draak...thanks for letting us all know...btw when and who decided to add this rule ???

as it happens you are correct though...
Old 09-01-2003, 11:46 AM   #44
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by zr2man99
Jabba, I really want to know why I was taken off the download list. I have posted reviews to your great videos and I haven't post whored at all. I only post when I have something interesting or praising to say. So please reconsider and put me back on the list.
Yes, I removed you, as long as others.. you say you post reviews of the vids, but watching at your posts, I rarely saw somethig longer than 2 lines.. I know we keep speaking about quality, but well, as many other take their time to write some nice and entertaining comments, others are not..

BTW, message for Kalim.. today you posted so much... thanks.. and BTW, you won't get access to the d/l section for the next 6 months.. for sure...
Old 09-01-2003, 11:47 AM   #45
Jabba
Regular User

first person about to be entered into the spammers hall of fame and possibly banned...