Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-14-2005, 06:40 PM   #31
bmagni
Regular User

i just have one jabba, it actually comes out in one of the pics
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:40 PM   #32
sameerrao
Regular User

I sympathize with Magni ... I thought my toy car collecting days were long past and then it bit me hard last year.

To each their own ... even TT and his dolls - he can't live that one down ever!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:25 PM   #33
Overmind
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
i just have one jabba
that somehow reduces the worth of your collection, doesn't it?

Originally Posted by bmagni
it actually comes out in one of the pics
yeah, I've seen him.. that's when I thought of the question :roll:.

Impressive collection anyways. Most impressive .
Old 06-15-2005, 07:36 PM   #34
RC45
Regular User

Nice
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:28 AM   #35
bmagni
Regular User

thnx guys

hey so far no one has noticed this is a george lucas figure, it was sold in limited quantities during celebration II, really hard to find...

Old 06-16-2005, 12:34 AM   #36
ZfrkS62
Regular User

:shock: i didn't even look at his face. i just noticed the orange flightsuit and figured it was Luke :shock:

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:51 AM   #37
evoWalo
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Far from being a nerd, he meets at least 1 of 2 important criterion for addicted collectors...

1. single...

2. have disposable income...

now being single AND have disposable income is the best..

BTW - nice looking collection... looks like a bunch of figures are un-carded - you get them at a better "used" price??
To qualify as a nerd he only lacks these last two criterion.

3. Virgin.

4. Lives in parent's basement.

Check out what I saw in Thailand...

evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:56 AM   #38
evoWalo
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
holy shit! you really like star wars! now all you need is the Force FX lightsabers
Those Master Replica Force FX lightsabers are cool. I know 3 guys that have the Anakin, Vader & Luke sabers. I just wish I could cut through stuff with em. At one time I was really tempted to get one for myself but the problem is...

They do brake easily as one of the guys found out so be careful those things cost a lot. I was also able to handle the Master replica saber handles (forgot what they're really called) and they're pretty heavy.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:37 AM   #39
TransAm
Regular User

Thinking out loud: I wonder if Jabba has a Jabba figurine on his desk?

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:26 PM   #40
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by TransAm2001
Thinking out loud: I wonder if Jabba has a Jabba figurine on his desk?
Nope - he just keeps a mirror on his desk

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:05 PM   #41
CSedl87
Regular User

Thats actually a good investment, alot of vintage Star Wars toys are worth about $500so just imagine them in a few years, along with your collection in another 15-20 years, especially with the amount you have.
"At a given day and a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit, and you touch the limit, and you think 'okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens in you so that you can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and your experience as well, you can fly very high" - Ayrton Senna
CSedl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:20 PM   #42
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by CSedl87
Thats actually a good investment, alot of vintage Star Wars toys are worth about $500so just imagine them in a few years, along with your collection in another 15-20 years, especially with the amount you have.
but those 500 usd figures are a couple, not a lot. And they must be in Mint condition, unopened, in the best shape possible. As I remember, a boba fett figure is the most expensive, but from the original series. Unless you're fooled by thieves who sell a "prototype" of bobba fett, which is thrash, a real fake

in the condition that bmagni has his toys he doesn't show to be a real nerd. I'm guessing he likes to play with his new toys

My last purchase was the darth sidious from clone wars
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:50 PM   #43
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
Originally Posted by CSedl87
but those 500 usd figures are a couple, not a lot. And they must be in Mint condition, unopened, in the best shape possible. As I remember, a boba fett figure is the most expensive, but from the original series. Unless you're fooled by thieves who sell a "prototype" of bobba fett, which is thrash, a real fake
yup the $500 figs are old ones basically and have to be as antonio says in almost a perfect condition.
The Boba Fett youre talking about is worht $15,000, it wasnt produced cause it launched a missile from its back and they later realized it could be dangerous, that why the offer it sometimes as unpainted prototypes, but that doesnt mean its not original, if u find an original of this Boba its gonna come almost for sure with a certificate of authenticity. more info here: http://www.toysrgus.com/images-unproduced.html

in the condition that bmagni has his toys he doesn't show to be a real nerd. I'm guessing he likes to play with his new toys

My last purchase was the darth sidious from clone wars
i play with them all the time, hehe .
now seriously, i open them cause i started collecting when i still played with toys, and whats the reason of having them closed ? theyre meant to be opened

now bout the new figures
I recieved this 4 new figures today plus one i bought a couple of weeks ago...

#48 is R2-D2 with electronic sound - it says the classic beep beep bop beep, haha, and the unfamous "scream"

#49 Commander Baccara - clone commander, that is the antecessor of snowtroopers

#50 Anakin Skywalker with battle damage - u know what happens to him after fighting obi-wan

The 500th figure - Darth Vader in the meditation chamber, i havent opened it, but u can take the helmet off even when it closed, and i dont know why i didnty take the pics but ill do it later.
I have figs #200, 300, 400 and 500
#200 is Mara Jade a Jedi from Expanded Universe
#300 is a Boba Fett that comes in an special box, u can see the pics of it, i have 2 of em, one open, one closed.
#400 is another Boba Fett, they didnt make a deal about it, its just a regular figure

And last this unleashed Amidala which comes in a bigger scale, aprox 7 inches, this one i was lucky to find in some forgotten supermarket, its really hard to get cause it was removed from sale cause of the boobs as you can see
Old 08-13-2005, 05:19 PM   #44
antonioledesma
Regular User

damn... I was looking for the 500th figure but could not find it in supermarkets. I'm guessing that the flock of geeks and speculators bought each one 3 of those darth vader figures...

btw... are you interested in buying the clone wars SD figures? those midgets
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:27 PM   #45
bmagni
Regular User

damn... I was looking for the 500th figure but could not find it in supermarkets. I'm guessing that the flock of geeks and speculators bought each one 3 of those darth vader figures...

btw... are you interested in buying the clone wars SD figures? those midgets
SD figures ??? which ones ??

This 500th figure I bought it at StarWarsShop.com buuuut a i found many many many of them like 3 or 4 weeks ago at Juguetibici (el que esta por la Anahuac, enfrente de Interlomas) igual y ahi lo puedes encontrar, casi nadie va ahi.