Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Nissan Skyline GTR R34
subzero 44 46.32%
cool 41 43.16%
uncool 7 7.37%
seriously uncool 3 3.16%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2006, 10:13 PM   #76
RC45
Regular User

----
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:18 PM   #77
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Let's look at how the voting is going. . . at least we all know that it is a "Cool" car for sure.
Damn straight - cools have it

By my reckoning, that Japanese car is cooler than most european cars
Whats the for?

The coolest car ive ever seen on british soil is a Skyline, well the Sagaris was, but the Skyline is close. Actually there the same coolness level. To me at least.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:31 PM   #78
MIHALS
Regular User

hey hey hey, you're right, cos Lambo, Ferrari and Porsche aren't cool, they're SZ :fuck:

yes, I have no problem to say "R34 GTR IS cooler than most european cars" and that's why I voted Skyline is SZ to me

but you can't compare Skyline with lambos and ferraris, can you? it's diferent side of the playground
Old 05-16-2006, 10:35 PM   #79
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by MIHALS
hey hey hey, you're right, cos Lambo, Ferrari and Porsche aren't cool, they're SZ :fuck:

yes, I have no problem to say "R34 GTR IS cooler than most european cars" and that's why I voted Skyline is SZ to me

but you can't compare Skyline with lambos and ferraris, can you? it's diferent side of the playground
The z-tune gets its own fridge, its beyond SZ. The 360CS was defeated by it on BMI. A crazy car!!!
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:39 PM   #80
MIHALS
Regular User

yes I know. but I still can't put skyline or any other jap sportscar next to italian supercars... it feels strange. just like I said - different playground, but both made for fun
Old 05-16-2006, 10:42 PM   #81
RC45
Regular User

yes I know. but I still can't put skyline or any other jap sportscar next to italian supercars... it feels strange. just like I said - different playground, but both made for fun
There is only one playground that counts... the finishline ... if you can't win you must be a loser.

When was the last time that a Lambo or Ferrari won a stock-based race series of significance?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:50 PM   #82
TNT
Regular User

There is only one playground that counts... the finishline ... if you can't win you must be a loser.

When was the last time that a Lambo or Ferrari won a stock-based race series of significance?
when has an american car done that? what stock based series is really out there any more? sure they may use an engine or some other parts but to really have a stock based series is to buy it from a dealership and then strip it down and tune it from there.

but back to the skyline, who is to say that a skyline can hang or beat a ferrari or lambo or any other euro car. and why do you all hate BMI? b/c they can out do a euro every now and then. yes they do favor asian cars. just as top gear favors british or euro cars. But just b/c their are fans of every make and model doesn't mean there is a better brand. IMO i wouldn't want a ferrari to drive everyday, its just not useful. hell any car over 40K would be to much. anyone can just hit it.

But back to the topic at hand there are always going to be a Nazi for every brand. just deal with it. you aren't going to change it and you are just wasting webspace fighting for 100 pages and getting no where :roll:
Old 05-16-2006, 11:16 PM   #83
MIHALS
Regular User

well I'm not actually talking about racing, but about a "style" of having fun behind the wheel and that's very diferent with jap and euro cars...

SWT > who said I hate BM? I actually love them, I can't believe what they can do with the cars on the narrow track bumper to bumper without touching each other :shock: . I was just trying to explain that the "style" of fun is diferent, but still on the highest level, no matter if it's R34 or F430 (sorry, maybe I have bad explanation, but English is NOT my first language and I NEVER learned it at school )
Old 05-16-2006, 11:24 PM   #84
TNT
Regular User

i was talking about JW in general don't really like BMI there are a few of us that enjoy them 8)
Old 05-17-2006, 12:15 AM   #85
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT
But back to the topic at hand there are always going to be a Nazi for every brand. just deal with it. you aren't going to change it and you are just wasting webspace fighting for 100 pages and getting no where :roll:
Brand nazi's and fan boys are easily handled - just ignore them, their comment sare never based on facts, but rather heresay and stereotypical annectdotes - we need a new name for the conflict trolls that are really the problem instigators A diligent uber-mod is what's really needed - someone to summarily delete any offended posts - *wham* - before they incite conflict.

Hmmm... I wonder how I might apply for that position ...
Old 05-17-2006, 12:25 AM   #86
Pokiou
Regular User

sub zero .. its a unique car.. one of a kind.... it drives down a street and you look 3 times at it ...its a good.

pok
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:58 AM   #87
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT

when has an american car done that? what stock based series is really out there any more? sure they may use an engine or some other parts but to really have a stock based series is to buy it from a dealership and then strip it down and tune it from there.
GT3 are stock based, GT2 are stock based, and GT1 are stock based.... with the rules loosening up as you approach GT1.

oh, and then there are the rally cars in the Prorally series that are all very based on stock cars (not just subies and evo's... plenty of american cars are involved, and successful too )

so, SWT, what are you on about?

oh a race series that requires a car to be fully stock? well, there are safetey regulations that mean basically we have a roll cage.

a little added aero work for better high speed cornering

a more freely flowing exhaust, and aggressive flywheel, and an equally powerful motor

and totally gutted interior/engine compartment etc.

Race suspension geometries

taht is the GT3 catagorie in a nut shell...
Old 05-17-2006, 03:05 AM   #88
LotusGT1
Regular User

Fucking drama queens :roll:
Old 05-17-2006, 04:08 AM   #89
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Old 05-17-2006, 09:21 AM   #90
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Fucking drama queens :roll:
So have you voted yet? I mean this is a R34 GTR thread... what did youthink it was about?