Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-21-2006, 01:16 AM   #31
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Satalite imagry, satalite data converted to graphical imagry, Radar, radio, photonics and super secret shit we dont even know about that is accurate to 1" or perhaps better.

so yeah, the government doesn't do massive labor intensive graphical use at all :roll:
man you silly :lame:

You know they only do 2+2 :roll:
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:21 AM   #32
Toronto
Regular User

i thought he was talking about ground units? NOT NASA not CIA and not NORAD and ACP's last time i checked they don't need to render a graphics?

also i never said that excel was the best? nor did I apply?
also i know the artist that colours the hubble telescope images uses a mac.

and i am sure the super computers don't use a user interface like OSX or XP, they use a much simple and straight forward code that they don't sell to others.

ground units DON'T do massive labor intensive graphical use at all. show me one!
Old 08-21-2006, 01:25 AM   #33
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
i
Common d00de is this the best you can come up with? I wanted to keep this one sided argument going but your giving up already
Old 08-21-2006, 01:25 AM   #34
Toronto
Regular User

http://www.xvsxp.com/finalscore/index.php
Old 08-21-2006, 01:29 AM   #35
SFDMALEX
Regular User

http://www.xvsxp.com/finalscore/index.php
:shock: Thank God for Google And their PC Linux Servers
Old 08-21-2006, 01:36 AM   #36
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
i
Common d00de is this the best you can come up with? I wanted to keep this one sided argument going but your giving up already
NASA uses VxWorks, not XP or MS products on most of their systems.
if you know what NORAD and the CIA uses please tell me.

also apple and apple products are not trageted to governments. so to ask why they don't use them is to ask why doesn't a truck driver use a bedpan?
Old 08-21-2006, 01:36 AM   #37
nthfinity
Regular User

i thought he was talking about ground units? NOT NASA not CIA and not NORAD and ACP's last time i checked they don't need to render a graphics?

also i never said that excel was the best? nor did I apply?

and i am sure the super computers don't use a user interface like OSX or XP, they use a much simple and straight forward code that they don't sell to others.

ground units DON'T do massive labor intensive graphical use at all. show me one!
have you ever heard of Scion Image?

that is the program NASA/NOAO/NRAO etc. use to "color" thier images....

guess what, I've been to these places, and what isn't a Sun workstation, is a PC, or a PC with Solaris, or Windows NT.

guess what, MOST of their work graphical intensive computers are NT PC's not some garbage mac.... in fact, there was not a single Macintosh on any of the premesis' that I worked at.... unless some poofta brought it to unwind with at home, or at the premisis' dorms.

NASA CIA and NORAD, National Weather Service etc. ALL render graphics..... WTF you think satalite, space craft, rovers' etc. all send back? digital data that is all specific numbers and values; often uninterpretable by human eyes, in natural form etc. whatever.

in these super-hi res forms, how what exactly do they look at, some 80 character monochrom screen? no sir; 4 monitors for those guys...... on NT workstations predominantly.

I've never seen a mac doing the graphics work at the NWS any of the times i've worked with them at thier buildings; and let me tell you... they got shit that multi national companies cant even get in regards to IT

in regards to rendering graphics

what about the most powerful rendering program out there, Maya?

how long did it take it to port over to Mac? 12 years? huh? more?

It began on a SGI workstation, and ported shortly afterward to Windows NT workstations, Linux boxes, and eventaully macs for home use; since there isn't a such thing as a mac render farm... why? because the code must suck?
Old 08-21-2006, 01:44 AM   #38
SFDMALEX
Regular User

daaaaaummmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn OWNAGE, w00t w00t

I laugh out lond if they try to argue that, I mean really.........someone just got TOLD!

Someone is putting those PC based Google servers through their paces right now trying to find a counter argument
Old 08-21-2006, 01:46 AM   #39
Toronto
Regular User

how many groud units in iraq are using Maya???? tell me?

again
the topic was about and ACP? what does an ACP have to do with the CIA and NORAD???? TELLL me stop posting all this NORAD and weather shit if it isn't answering my question?

satalite, space craft, rovers - they run on VxWorks no XP, so why don't we make a thread talking about that? why cause it isn't targeted to them!!! why is this hard to grasp?

i am not saying or supporting that the military or any weather service etc. should use macs. i am saying it wasn't built for them. plain and simple.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:48 AM   #40
Toronto
Regular User

daaaaaummmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn OWNAGE, w00t w00t

I laugh out lond if they try to argue that, I mean really.........someone just got TOLD!
ownage? i believe to be owned a person my have their point or statement proven wrong?

"apple and apple products are not trageted to governments" don't see a counter point for that?
Old 08-21-2006, 01:48 AM   #41
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\

D00de for the second time ITS APC I dunno wtf ACP is.

The topic was about military, not APCs, thats just one example of PC use in the military.

And for your information they do rendering. Their night vision runs through filtering software thats on a PC

w00t w00t
Old 08-21-2006, 01:51 AM   #42
SFDMALEX
Regular User

[quote="Toronto"]
"apple and apple products are not trageted to governments" don't see a counter point for that?

Thats right, Apple needs targeted advertisments to sell their products.

PC are like Ferraris, no adds and they still sell like XTC at a rave.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:51 AM   #43
Toronto
Regular User

And for your information they do rendering. Their night vision is runs through filtering software thats on a PC
w00t w00t
night vision runs via a PC????????

D00de for the second time ITS APC I dunno wtf ACP is.
sorry it is 2am and i am pissed tired, and i have to wake up in 5 hours to go to my work. and have no time to argue with people that seem to not get a simple point. and blow a non-existent point out of proportion to make themselves feel better to make fun of the people that use a mac because of their personal preference
Old 08-21-2006, 01:52 AM   #44
SFDMALEX
Regular User

i am not saying or supporting that the military or any weather service etc. should use macs. i am saying it wasn't built for them. plain and simple.
So macs cant do what PCs can afterall. Who woulda thunk et!

Bingo!

So coming outta the closet wasnt so hard afteral eh?
Old 08-21-2006, 01:54 AM   #45
nthfinity
Regular User

the topic was about and ACP? what does an ACP have to do with the CIA and NORAD???? TELLL me stop posting all this NORAD and weather shit if it isn't answering my question?
what computers run guidance systems?

what computers determin Friend or Foe in zero light conditions, converted to both visual reference, as well as computational interopolation in the ground force tanks/APC's etc. ? Not a mac, i'll tell you that.

what about targeting systems? ground units dont use mac based targeting systems either.

ownage? i believe to be owned a person my have their point or statement proven wrong?
well, not that i'm trying to own anybody...

BTW

I am on a first name basis with many guys at NOAO/NRAO/NWS, and have done some stuff with the guys at the NOI (oceanographic)