Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 02-24-2004, 01:34 AM   #1
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

Default New Z9 pics?...

I've never seen these pics of the Z9 before...this car is so sexy...they should make this...I abousolutely adore it...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:37 AM   #2
cho_888
Regular User

yeah i have seen this, it has a sexy line, but like some BMW's needs a tad work on the front end.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:09 AM   #3
altedza
Regular User

it looks really fruity.... btw.... are those rx8 esque suicide doors?
altedza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:11 AM   #4
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

no those doors open normally and gullwing style...make a search on the forum to check some other pics of the z9...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Old 02-24-2004, 03:56 AM   #5
DeMoN
Regular User

noo man, those doors are nothing compared to the rx8. These ones open normally and UPwards! I think it is an amazing car for sure. It is gorgous. Id like to see it in black... I will adore this car, cuz they are making it huuuuuh?
Old 02-24-2004, 04:01 AM   #6
DeMoN
Regular User

not so good looking here:

especially not here!

Now, these are the wonder doors!
Old 02-24-2004, 04:54 AM   #7
deth
Regular User

those are horrilbe! it looks like pix of the concept in a funhouse mirror! well at least we know bangle was tamed down a little!
Old 02-24-2004, 06:01 AM   #8
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

OMG Demon...those are horrible...that's a photoshopped Z4...and it's hideous...ever since I saw the doors on the Z9 man I fell in love with it...
I will adore this car, cuz they are making it huuuuuh?
I don't think they will...this concept was launched way before the 6 and the 6 design is clearly based on the Z9...this would've been an amazin car...

Old 02-24-2004, 08:51 AM   #9
mat
Regular User

I abousolutely adore it...
mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:36 AM   #10
jon_s
Regular User

Some angles from the rear don't quite look right IMO

Lovin the front though!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:53 AM   #11
oantob
Regular User

at first i think its photoshop, :roll: but after awhile im sure its real... maybe b'cause the colour of the car.. nevermind, btw beautiful car! what is the spec of this z9?
Old 02-24-2004, 09:58 AM   #12
ambry
Regular User

Not a new pic, but one of the Z9 cabrio. These were the concept cars that the new 6 series is based on.

ambry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:58 AM   #13
altezza
Regular User

Z9 Gran Turismo Concept Car

The Z9 gran turismo concept car features the long hood and short rear deck that have become hallmarks of BMW sport coupe design. Beneath the elegant carbon fiber body panels resides an aluminum spaceframe chassis offering both extraordinary rigidity and light weight. Large wheels - 20-inch front and 21-inch rear - provide a hint of the performance capability of the Z9's 3.9-liter V8 turbodiesel engine which delivers a stunning 413 lb-ft of torque.

The full-length gull-wing doors, which have conventional front-opening doors built in, open to reveal an interior which incorporates a masterfully simple, uncluttered driving environment. Instead of the usual array of buttons, switches and levers, the dashboard houses only the starter button and light switches. A unique control knob (with corresponding TV monitor) resides in place of the conventional shift lever operating a number of functions for both the driver and passenger.
Z9 convertible concept vehicle

The Z9 convertible concept offers a glimpse at a different direction of BMW interior and exterior design. The interior features iDrive, an ergonomic concept designed to make operating the myriad functions inside the car easier.

The design strategy for this open-air 2+2 is "Simplification" and it signals the future of BMW design. The exterior is highlighted by large wheels and tires-20-inch front wheels sporting 245/45 tires with 21-inch rears with 285/40 tires.

The interior of the Z9 convertible highlights iDrive, a system designed to minimize driver distractions. At the heart of iDrive is The Control Center, a color monitor placed within the field of view of the driver and passenger. Functions are called up using a rotary-push knob on the center console between the driver and passenger. Commands are executed by moving the controller back and forth, left and right or diagonally, rotating it and pressing on it. iDrive will be used in the next generation 7 Series.
source: BMW AG
Old 02-24-2004, 10:08 AM   #14
oantob
Regular User

thanks for the spec... the V8 turbodiesel looks powerful! 8)
Is it the same engine as the X5?
Old 02-24-2004, 10:18 AM   #15
altezza
Regular User

does the X5 have a 3.9L diesel engine?
that 3.9L engine on the Z9 is the same one in the 740d
http://www.bmwworld.com/reviews/740d.htm