Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 03-15-2004, 12:42 PM   #1
rob_e1
Regular User

Default Lotus..

Nice site. Not much in the way of Lotus content so i thought i'd say hello and post some pics of my Esprit.

Taken last year:

..and this one taken last week (after new mag wheels, brake upgrade and new suspension):

Any other lotus owners on here?

cheers
Rob
rob_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:46 PM   #2
gucom
Regular User

WOW nice car, i like the esprit and lotus in general alot. if u got more pics, plz post em!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:47 PM   #3
Erdmann
Regular User

Hi, welcome to this site. Very very nice Car, I love the esprit. Tlak about some facts of the motor! How much Bhp does it have?
Erdmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:55 PM   #4
Jabba
Regular User

Hey....what do you mean no Lotus content....I didnt always have Ferrari's and Lamborghini's you know....

Heres a picture of my old baby....damn I still LOVE the way this car looks....

Oh yehh...and welcome to Jabbas World....

Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:58 PM   #5
rob_e1
Regular User

The car is a 1998 V8-GT. The V8-GT is a lightweight version of the esprit - its a 3.5 litre with two turbos.. 350bhp. I have an aftermarket exhaust, hi-flow filters, ecu upgrade (increased torque) AP racing brakes, adjustable bilstein suspension and magnesium alloys.

Jabba - nice car.. 8) thats an SE right? I had a GT3 (also 4 cylinder) before the v8.. lovely car.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:59 PM   #6
gucom
Regular User

w00t nice car Jabba... hope someday i'll own 1 of those...
Old 03-15-2004, 01:04 PM   #7
Erdmann
Regular User

Also very nice Car Jabba. rob_e1, very very very nice rims. They look as if they were made for this Car. And very nice stats, I think 350 bhp will do it in this Car and nice brakes. Should stop really good.
Erdmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:06 PM   #8
Jabba
Regular User

Yep she was an SE Turbo....and used to destroy my Ferrari 348....in fact used to embarrass it silly....

I cant ever remember loosing a race in that Lotus to anything....it was the fastest car in the galaxy thats for sure....once I got full boost from the turbo it was all over....I would love to see how it did against a F355...I am sure there wouldn't be much in it....

An outstanding car...that I regret selling badly...totally gutted in fact...

Anyway....back to your car....I would love to see any videos of it in action or kill stories that you have to tell.....
Old 03-15-2004, 01:14 PM   #9
Jabba
Regular User

The lady Jabbas car at the time :

Old 03-15-2004, 01:30 PM   #10
gis
Regular User

welcome to jabbasworld and very nice car.you have some nice mods on there aswell.any idea on the power now?

jabba yours was nice aswell.do either of you have any vids of them in action?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:31 PM   #11
rob_e1
Regular User

The rims are OZ "crono magnesio". They were a special made rim for the Sport 350 esprit model (of which only 50 made). Factory price to upgrade to these on my car at the time was approx 4k. I tracked down a set second hand for a lot less (took 2 years to find some for sale). The OZ's weight approx 15kg less than the original wheels. They also say "E S P R I T" on one of the spokes, which is nice..

Jabba - you can get a whole bunch of stuff for the SE these days.. lots of people offering chips etc up to 330bhp. Elan is a lovely handling car, esp for fwd.

I don't have much in the way of vids, but there's a couple i did for the guys i bought the exhaust off (pukesprit.de in germany):

http://freudhoefer.de/lotus/esprit/p...st/V8_away.avi

http://freudhoefer.de/lotus/esprit/p...V8_towards.avi

This was filmed last year at the old Reims GP circuit .. stopped off there on the way back from the french gp.

cheers
Rob
Old 03-15-2004, 01:37 PM   #12
1zippo1
Regular User

Nice car man!! It may have a few flaws, heard the gearbox is terrible... but it is an amazing & a supercool car!! I wish I had one of them in the garage.

I remember you told me that you used to have an Esprit Jabba, but I've never seen pics of it. Actually don't think I ever saw pics of a red esprit. But it goes well with that car. If I remember correctly you once said you also really liked the handling of the car. Too bad you sold it... was it maybe a trade in for the GTR33, if I may be so curious.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:50 PM   #13
gis
Regular User

nice little clips,the sound is very nice indeed

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:58 PM   #14
rob_e1
Regular User

1zippo1 - Yes, gearbox can break if abused. My car has 73,000 hard driven miles. No poblems with the 'box. If you drive it like an open gate ferr/lambo etc and take your time with shifts you'll have no problem. Drive it like a rental and you can do some damage. Its on its design limits with 295 lb/ft of torque, however that said i know a couple of guys who've run higher boost /450bhp and more with the standard box and had no issues.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:06 PM   #15
Jabba
Regular User

I used to have alot of niggly little problems that did end up with rather a bigger one though....cam belt failure that ended up costing £5,000 for a complete engine re-build...

Shortly traded her for £16,000 after...

All I will say is when she was running right then IMO theres nothing to touch the Esprit for handling performance and looks...outstanding value for money....I would really really like to get another.....