Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 02-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #16
enzoferrari
Regular User

You must be the only one who thinks a Caddy "is on part with" germans sedan. No doubt it has got the same amount of power as the german supersedans but there is a reason why they cost more.
Same reason with the Z06 it cost less than an M6,AMV,Porsche turbo,most Mercs,and is faster.

Last edited by enzoferrari; 02-26-2008 at 01:22 PM.
enzoferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #17
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Seems like a 4 door version of the ZR1 Vette.. too bad they detuned the engine
Old 02-26-2008, 04:21 PM   #18
ferrari550
Regular User

I love the m5, e63 and this cts-v. All stunning luxury cars with crazy performance. I believe the cts will be faster than the other 2 germans but i am not so sure with the 580hp rs6. Can't wait for some drag videos
Old 02-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #19
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
so why all the hate then? or are you here just to stir the pot?
You get me all wrong. I'm not a hater. I just don't think this car will blow the competiton off the road performancewise or in the quality department. From what I've read the new CTS has come along way with interior quality but is still far behind the european competitors. Will propably be very good bang for buck but unfortunately it won't sell well in europe since people are prepared to pay extra for what they consider to be higher quality.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #20
enzoferrari
Regular User

but is still far behind the european competitors.
Far,why??explain yourself.
Will propably be very good bang for buck but unfortunately it won't sell well in europe since people are prepared to pay extra for what they consider to be higher quality.
It won't sell well HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #21
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by enzoferrari View Post
It won't sell well HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT.
I actually agree with Ghostbat there, as it's a cultural dynamic.... there is a reason why Asians are 9 out of 10 times more likely to buy a car that is made in the Pacific... a cultural thing.

This is one thing why so many Americans buy such a wide variety of cars... such varried tastes, and perhaps..... just perhaps... less biased opinions. What does this mean? I ~think~ that Americans buy cars based on how they are more then how they are precieved. Not 100%.... but more then our Pacific, and Atlantic compadre's ....
Old 02-26-2008, 05:35 PM   #22
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat View Post
Well I did quote YOU..

Ok GM makes excellent cars that sells very well around the world and they can charge more for them but they don't

Personally I'll wait for a test to see if it blows the german supersedans off the road.
It should be pretty apparent that the new CTS-V will walk past bimmers without too much trouble in a straight line. I'll let the car magazines sort out the subjective nonsense to try to justify the German premium. At least BMW is better than Porsche when it comes to arbitrary high prices.

The current M5 rushes to 60 in what, 4.5 seconds? I think the Caddy will be a bit closer to 4.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #23
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
The current M5 rushes to 60 in what, 4.5 seconds? I think the Caddy will be a bit closer to 4.
with a 1/4 mile time of 12.0-12.2 .... on the right strip, in the right conditions, i wouldn't be surprised to hear of mid-high 11's.....
Old 02-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #24
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
I actually agree with Ghostbat there, as it's a cultural dynamic.... there is a reason why Asians are 9 out of 10 times more likely to buy a car that is made in the Pacific... a cultural thing.

This is one thing why so many Americans buy such a wide variety of cars... such varried tastes, and perhaps..... just perhaps... less biased opinions. What does this mean? I ~think~ that Americans buy cars based on how they are more then how they are precieved. Not 100%.... but more then our Pacific, and Atlantic compadre's ....
As someone quite sick of the "perception gap," I've got to disagree. People's opinions, when based on actual performance, are often 5 or so years out of date they're based on their last car. I'm tired of people comparing their modern Cam/cord to their old mid 90's Ford/GM-badgemobile. So many people that I talk to who are car shopping just mention things like "superior Japanese build quality." I've ridden in these cars. Comparing them to my certainly out of date '88 Oldsmobile, I am not impressed.

While an '03 Malibu isn't much to write home about, the ridiculous success of the Accord and Camry makes me wary of the car buying public.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #25
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

I like this car. I like it a lot. I can imagine how crazy this would sound with a better, less restrictive exhaust. I'm actually starting to like this more than the M5..... is that normal?
Old 02-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #26
fordgt84
Regular User

i like the fact that u can choose which gearbox u want, rather than being forced with an automatic or a sequential gearbox (BMW,Audi and Mercedes should take note) ... u got that brutal engine, styling's great, and the interior is almost sexy.

note how the video says 550+hp ... 570 - 580 maybe

cant wait to see tsuchiya getting it sideways
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #27
Minacious
Regular User

To say America doesn't have any roads with proper turns is quite the ignorant statement .

That is all.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

I just watched that video again... and I know I said I never want to buy another GM product... but fargit I really really really really really like that car.

/me wants one..... now where did I put that lease schedule?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:39 AM   #29
79TA
Regular User

I figured out what the song in the video reminded me of

(song starts a minute in to this video . . . more on the 24 hours of LeMons in a post for a later day)

Old 02-27-2008, 03:33 AM   #30
RC45
Regular User

On second thoughts - why would I want to pay $65,000+ when there are perfectly good low mileage 2004 CTS-V's approaching $30,000 - and high mileage units for under $24,000.

http://www.carbaazi.com/ViewAdDetail...sting_id=20730

One of those with the addition of a ProCharger will net about 540bhp for under $33,000 total

Hmmm..... I think I have found a tow vehicle

Last edited by RC45; 02-27-2008 at 03:39 AM.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote