Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-15-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
Global Warming
Regular User

Default Sony to delay PlayStation 3 until November

"Sony will put off the release of its much awaited PlayStation 3 machine until November from its planned spring debut because of delays in finalizing its next-generation disk technology, the company said Wednesday.

Ken Kutaragi, the head Sony’s video game division, made the announcement at a hastily called news conference after reports of the delay surfaced in the business daily Nihon Keizai Shimbun and other papers."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11824259/
Old 03-15-2006, 01:27 PM   #2
redbaron
Regular User

Will this be the same story as GT4? Than we could wait another year or 2....

I.M.O the PS3 an interesting machine, hopefully they've got a lot of games at the launch of it
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
Toronto
Regular User

i thought it was to come out on sept. 21 but november is better for the x-mas sales
Old 03-15-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
TNT
Regular User

what esle is new, when has sony ever done something on time....... i haven't seen anything that would make me want to buy a next gen system anyways.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:39 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

GT5 is what will get me to buy a PS3

Forza2 is what will get me to buy an XBox360
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
mindgam3
Regular User

Makes no difference to us Europeans, I hear its a worldwide november release? It was just a japan only release for spring, so it looks like it will *probably* come earlier than anticipated for us
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:23 PM   #7
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Forza2 is what will get me to buy an XBox360
Amazingly we actually agree 100% on something! If Forza 2 comes out first (and gets good reviews) I will by a 360. If GT5 comes out first (and gets good reviews) I will by the PS3. If they both come out at the same time I will read the reviews of both and choose one from that. All other games im not interested in.

Well Top Spin 2 for 360 but not enough to make me buy the system just for that.

P.S. but Forza 2 has not even been announced yet that I know of. I can’t imagine that they won’t make a 2nd one but no word on it yet as far as I know. Has anyone read anything confirming there will be a Forza 2?
Old 03-15-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Much of the Forza team worked on PGR3 - but the word is that none of the people who helped ensure Forza did not turn int a NFS Undeground clone were on the PGR3 team....

So the down side is that Forza2 if it comes about may not hold true to the original formula of more sim than arcade.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #9
Global Warming
Regular User

Much of the Forza team worked on PGR3 - but the word is that none of the people who helped ensure Forza did not turn int a NFS Undeground clone were on the PGR3 team....

So the down side is that Forza2 if it comes about may not hold true to the original formula of more sim than arcade.
I have not played PGR3 but from what I understand it’s all eye candy and not much of a sim. I did play NFS Most Wanted and it was just about the worst racing game I have ever played! I even did an experiment, I unmapped the break button for the controller so I had no breaks at all, guess what.. It didn’t effect the game one bit!! LOL You honestly don’t need breaks at all in NFS-MW! What a joke, I have no time for crap like that.

Well I hope they can make Forza 2, if they do, a true sequel and not just another lame arcade racer.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:55 PM   #10
gigdy
Regular User

i cant wait til its released so i can buy one then sell it on ebay.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gigdy
i cant wait til its released so i can buy one then sell it on ebay.
Not a bad plan - I might go put a bunch of deposits down now, and figure if I can sell say 25 PS3's at a discounted markup of 30% over MSRP I could make a few bucks on the side.

Hhhhmmm.... anyone else want in? We can pool our capital and maybe pre-purchase a 1000 or more.

And if we don't get greedy and instead of demand double just maybe 30 or 40% markup... sell em all.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #12
Global Warming
Regular User

Actually my boss lives in Japan and a former Sony VP is on his board of directors. I'm going to try to get several PS3s through him at launch and sell them on eBay. But they will probably all be Japanese PS3s. Still I know there are plenty of Japanese people in the USA and elsewhere that will buy them. As to how many I can get, that remains to be seen.

The 360s were going for well above $1,500 in December and Jan. So it should be cool to see how high they go. I will start them at what I paid and just let them bid up.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:19 PM   #13
Toronto
Regular User

^^^ that is to much work IMO, just go to like 10 stores and pre-order the max to sell.
alot easier.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:35 PM   #14
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
That's the point

The question is not "when the PS3 will be released" but "when the GT5 will be released" then it's when I'll buy the PS3.
GT4 is what got me to buy the PS2... yeah, i was a 'late' bloomer...

so, if they actually write a new physics engine, i will be happy... if they write a new phisics engine on par with GTR.... i will be very happy!

if its the same engine... the only reason to buy the game is for 'new' cars, and better graphics...
Old 03-16-2006, 10:45 AM   #15
taygunho
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
That's the point

The question is not "when the PS3 will be released" but "when the GT5 will be released" then it's when I'll buy the PS3.
GT4 is what got me to buy the PS2... yeah, i was a 'late' bloomer...

so, if they actually write a new physics engine, i will be happy... if they write a new phisics engine on par with GTR.... i will be very happy!

if its the same engine... the only reason to buy the game is for 'new' cars, and better graphics...
My mother bught my ps2 and gt4 as a bidthday gift in last november. Maybe this nowember I will have a brandnew ps3 as a birthday gift too.