Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Default The Ring And The Stratos

I was just wondering if anyone has actually done this because last night i was bored and decided to play GT4 and thought the Stratos would be a good laugh and it certainly was a beauty to drive in the corners just the right amount of oversteer spins alot at highspeed though but that didn't bother me. Anyway after a couple of attempts I finally managed to achieve a 6:55.818s. I know i could get an extra few seconds because on my quickest lap i spun right efoe the min-caruosel. So please post your times so I can compare my driving because i can;t race online and my family and friends well lets just say cough their shit cough, and be honest coz their is no prize obviously.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
Vansquish
Regular User

Which Stratos, how tuned etc...etc...?

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:13 PM   #3
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

The rally version im sure its the only version in the game no modifications just super soft tires.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Arcade mode? Career Mode? Auto? Manual? DFP? DualShock?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #5
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Arcade mode manual for me because i hate automatics juts makes the game easy and any controller I just want to see how fast people can go.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
The rally version im sure its the only version in the game no modifications just super soft tires.
Both the Alitalia-liveried rally version and the roadgoing version are available in GT4. The latter is available in a variety of wild colors....but....Rally version it is, SS tires, Arcade, Manual...I'll post times later tonight perhaps. I have to decide whether I want to play GT4 or take the RX8 out for a last blat before it leaves on Friday morning.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 03-08-2006, 11:06 PM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
Both the Alitalia-liveried rally version and the roadgoing version are available in GT4. The latter is available in a variety of wild colors....but....Rally version it is, SS tires, Arcade, Manual...I'll post times later tonight perhaps. I have to decide whether I want to play GT4 or take the RX8 out for a last blat before it leaves on Friday morning.
whereabouts are you these days?
perhaps a few real nice shots can be setup before she's gone?
Old 03-08-2006, 11:34 PM   #8
Vansquish
Regular User

I'm still in AA actually. Got the summer tires reinstalled today and will be having a bit of fun with them tomorrow assuming that the weather cooperates, I figure in order to make it look like the car's been used properly, I've got to make the F/R tire wear look similar, and since I had the rears installed at the front, the rear tires look (oddly) like they've got more tread at the moment.

Roughly 24 hours to fix that hehe

Old 03-09-2006, 12:45 AM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

perhaps some spirited driving through the dexter area, and up around the huron river is in order.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:19 AM   #10
Vansquish
Regular User

LOL...I already did some on N. Territorial and some of the adjoining country roads.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:06 AM   #11
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^^
addaboy

speaking of turning in cars, the green Jag Vandaplause is gone... replaced with a Lincoln Zypher...
it rides better, gets worse fuel economy, and is very very very symetrical. i miss the GPS.

its the same engine, but the gearing is all wrong feeling... i also liked the adaptave throttle in the jag.... the bigger brakes, and the additional 2 wheels driving the pavement.

the styling feels more like a concept cars than a production cars' would... and i guess only one part really bothers me; the door inserts are as cheap as they come... and seems like they came out of a playschool toychest rather then belonging on an automobile... the suspenion is more softly sprung then the Mazda 6... but the ride is nicer too. it still does feel confident in corners

anyway, its basically the same car you're getting in a few days. i'm sure the 8 has been a nice toy for a year
Old 03-14-2006, 09:59 PM   #12
Vansquish
Regular User

Alrighty, time to bump this one up, I finally had some time to play and I got the time down to 6:50.344 and there's definitely a LOT of room for improvement as I had 2 off-track excursions and one full 360 spin.

edit: Still with a couple of fairly substantial off-track excursions 6:47.247...I think a really clean lap pretty close to the edge would produce something in the realm of 6:40.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:02 PM   #13
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Very nice going to try extra hard to beat that but did you happen to find it difficult at high speed corners i spun.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:29 AM   #14
Vansquish
Regular User

Yes...the Stratos is a very difficult car to drive at high speed, I found a couple of things that helped though. By softening up the rear suspension a bit, I was able to make the breakaway oversteer a bit more progressive and controllable and also by dabbing the brakes before arriving at some of the higher speed corners I found it was possible to regain the entry speed and then some by accelerating through the corners rather than merely diving in at full chat and having it all go pear-shaped.