Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 02-22-2005, 10:49 PM   #1
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Default My Race Setup -Pics New and Updated

New

SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:00 AM   #2
SafirXP
Regular User

very n0ice dude... which car games do you play exactly? does the MOMO wheel have force feedback?
SafirXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:06 AM   #3
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by SafirXP
very n0ice dude... which car games do you play exactly? does the MOMO wheel have force feedback?
I dont play games. I race sims Which are: Grand Prix Legends, GTR, Richard Burns Rally, Live For Speed.
And yes the wheel does have FF.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:08 AM   #4
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by goodduck
DUDE! you have a clutch!?! i have never seen that kind of a setup at all. that looks like a ton of fun man. nice setup!
Yeah, my seats shakes aswel...when I hit the curbs, hit a pothole, rev etc...the seat is a great source of feedback...to me its as neccesary as force feedback from the wheel
Old 02-23-2005, 12:16 AM   #5
DeMoN
Regular User

I've NEVER seen a steering wheel with 1-6th gear. All have sequential! Thats great, the clutch is even better.

What games require you to use the clutch?

GTR is supposed to let you, but I remember playing it and I could change gears without pressing clutch. I did not play Sim mode or maybe I did lol cant remember, does any game REQUIRE clutch to be pressed to shift gears?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:20 AM   #6
SafirXP
Regular User

lol... sorry, but i think the term "sim" should remain to the million dollar sims big companies make! j/k

thanks for the names of the g.... sims, i'll give'em a try! so what's under the hood of your machine?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:27 AM   #7
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
I've NEVER seen a steering wheel with 1-6th gear. All have sequential! Thats great, the clutch is even better.

What games require you to use the clutch?

GTR is supposed to let you, but I remember playing it and I could change gears without pressing clutch. I did not play Sim mode or maybe I did lol cant remember, does any game REQUIRE clutch to be pressed to shift gears?
Well your right. No wheel comes with a shifter. You have to buy that seperatly, along with the pedals...Wheel, pedals and shifter were all purchased seperatly.

Technicaly in GTR you do not have to use the clutch except the first gear, since all cars use sequential shift in FIA GT. But I'm old school and I use an H pattern shifter and I clutch for each shift(gives me more control, easier to hell and toe because you dont have to catch the in between gears moment that you would when using sequential.....clutch simply gives me tons of controll that I usualy would not have).

Live for speed requiers clutching for gear changes since its modeled after road cars...but in LFS I usualy dont clutch.......with my experiance I match revs so precisly that there is no need for clutching. Simply when shifting you have to match the revs, either blip or drop revs depending if your upshifting or downshifting, and you do that while you move from one gear slot to another, and while your passing through the neutral zone you do the mathcing......it all happens in less then a second.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:31 AM   #8
SFDMALEX
Regular User

lol... sorry, but i think the term "sim" should remain to the million dollar sims big companies make! j/k

thanks for the names of the g.... sims, i'll give'em a try! so what's under the hood of your machine?
What multi million dollar companies? The ones that make sims and stuff for the military? If thats so then those things are rubbish. I flew an athentic F15 sim the canadian airforce uses for the cadets.....with the real cockpit and the huge screens and those things are complete rubbish...the flight physics are just wrong on those things.....

P4 2.4 @3.6 1100mhz+ fsb, XP-90 HSF(92mm)
Infenion ddr 3200
MSI GT6600 @ 6800 speeds, VIVO
Maxtor SATA 120gb hdd
Audigy 2 ZS 7.1
Old 02-23-2005, 12:42 AM   #9
gottacatchup
Regular User

Here's mine, only us it for Gran Turismo. Logitec Wheel with pedals and sequential paddle shift. Seats are from my friends protege. He was just gonna throw em out or try and sell i'm so i took em and mounted em up on some wood blocks and voila.

Old 02-23-2005, 12:47 AM   #10
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by gottacatchup
Here's mine, only us it for Gran Turismo. Logitec Wheel with pedals and sequential paddle shift. Seats are from my friends protege. He was just gonna throw em out or try and sell i'm so i took em and mounted em up on some wood blocks and voila.

NIce, who do you take along for the rides? I like the seats. You can get some seat covers online cheap, to give them a sportier look.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:48 AM   #11
SafirXP
Regular User

wtf!!! really? the flight physics WRONG on these million dollar systems which are bought using the tax payers money? that just doesn't sound right!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:53 AM   #12
SFDMALEX
Regular User

wtf!!! really? the flight physics WRONG on these million dollar systems which are bought using the tax payers money? that just doesn't sound right!
Well they arent million dollar systems. The only really expensive parts on them are the actual cockpits....because all the buttons and screens are actually there for you too click. Were in retail sims like LOMAC you have to click keyboard buttons. Plus the military sims have actual radar screens for you to see....again availible in comercial sims except its all an image on the monitor.

But as far as flight physics go, its pretty bad. Something I would expect out of something really old. You have to fly it to believe it...it just feels very arcade. And the graphics are like something out of 1998....
Old 02-23-2005, 08:32 AM   #13
|Nuno|
Regular User

Very nice! We have almost the same wheel, only differerence being mine isn't manual.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:13 AM   #14
SFDMALEX
Regular User

updated
Old 02-12-2006, 01:17 AM   #15
TransAm
Regular User

nice setup there alex

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote