Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-21-2004, 11:39 AM   #31
Jabba
Regular User

Very nasty indeed...but I guess it could have been so much worse....hope your brother makes a full recovery.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 12:48 PM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Thanks for the updates. Good to see the update info with "better" news each time -- and not "worse".

I am sure y'all will get everything worked out.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:43 PM   #33
nthfinity
Regular User

Thanks for the updates. Good to see the update info with "better" news each time -- and not "worse".

I am sure y'all will get everything worked out.
yes, as am i
my heart sank when i first heard the news... its such a helpless feeling, as i know we have all heard horror stories of motorcycle accidents
Old 08-21-2004, 09:16 PM   #34
FoxFour
Regular User

It sounds like he will be ok, but I am sure it will take a while for him to get back up to speed. I hope he finally gives up riding. It's not the rider but the other people around him while riding is what scares most people.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 07:06 PM   #35
stradale
Regular User

Sorry to hear about what happened to your brother. Very sad. I hope he'll recover from his injuries soon.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:09 PM   #36
DeMoN
Regular User

Good thing that everything worked out fine. I dont exactly know how you feel against that darn truck driver, I can only try to feel your anger. I truely would kill him. I mean LITERALLY. I have a 9MM gun and I would most definitelly kill someone if they did something bad to my family.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:51 AM   #37
nthfinity
Regular User

Good thing that everything worked out fine. I dont exactly know how you feel against that darn truck driver, I can only try to feel your anger. I truely would kill him. I mean LITERALLY. I have a 9MM gun and I would most definitelly kill someone if they did something bad to my family.
i think its time for another update...
Old 08-24-2004, 02:28 AM   #38
chipanggo
Regular User

it is unfortunate to hear about your brother's accident. i wish you and your family well and hope for your brother's speedy recovery.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:59 AM   #39
fedezyl
Regular User

i'm sorry to hear about your brother's accident...specially in the way it happened, I hope you get these fuckers big time..

fedezyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:00 AM   #40
Fleischmann
Regular User

Damn, that must have been a serious accident judging by the marks on the helmet ;(

Hope he will be back on his feet as quickly aspossible
Old 08-24-2004, 04:49 PM   #41
coombsie66
Regular User

Best of wishes to your bro mate. I hope he gets well soon, and you give that bastard what he deserves!
Old 08-24-2004, 05:24 PM   #42
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
Don't know about the bike, but the frame should be checked.

As for the protective gear, yeah, everybody should wear it! Even on 50cc scooters, I allways had my helmet on and a bike vest. Shark helmet of 250€, same price for the vest.
And on fast bikes, wear protective pants and boots.

My uncle had a blown tire on the nordschliefe, his bike was totaly wrecked. He only had 1 small blue mark and a light brain concussion. His bikesuit and helmet where ruined (both BMW, so you know that costs a lot and is quality)

About his leg, don't fear to much. But be shure to get a really good fysicotherapist. Not some lady that looks nice but doesn't want to hurt her patiënts, but somebody who is determined to get your brother up and ready as fast as possible. There really is a big different in fysicotherapists!
I had such a lady with my knee, only miniscus that was fucked up, but it took me way to long to get back on my feet. Since she didn't push me hard enough and once I said "auw" she quited doing that exercise.

My dad had a really bad thing to his knee, happened with a 50cc scooter also at only 30km/h. His tibia was splitted over his knee, a great part was split topdown. Kneecap in 4 pieces and some other stuff hanging around (sorry don't know the exact english words for it). Bottom line, was like a bomb exploded in his knee.
Thanks to a good surgeon and a very good fysicotherapists (became one of my dads best friends).
Yes, he stayed 3 weeks in hospital, and didn't go to work for 280 days. He just wasn't fit enough to go to work earlier. He could've stayed home longer, but since he's a cop if he stayed home any longer he would need a medical checkup again, and wanted to avoid that so that he didn't get strickt deskwork.
Now he can do allmost everything, except running.
Yeah, your right about the physiotherapists (i think thats what you meant ) I had a nice hot trainee to start, and my knee got nowhere, then she left and i got a mad ex-military scottish bad ass, he fuckin got it working again!!
I cracked my lateral meniscus and i tore my cruciate ligament, which one i cant remember, but that was in a shitty rugby training excercise goin wrong (me being unfit and fat as fuck, and suddenly goin into fuckin hard training = byebye knee for 2 years!) lost loads of weight now tho, and me knees fine!
Old 08-24-2004, 08:20 PM   #43
RC45
Regular User

Hopefully all other bike riders reading this topic will now see why some of us ride with the philosophy "I would rather sweat than bleed".

And as such always wear full armoured boots, leather armoured pants and leather armoured jacket and full face helmet and gloves.

Hope he makes a full recovery.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:00 PM   #44
Nik^XeN
Regular User

good luck men..!! i want to drive bikes toinstead of cars
Old 08-26-2004, 06:35 PM   #45
noosee
Regular User

Sad accident. I'ts good that he is almost ok.
I had bike accident a year ago 2, was lucky to wear leders and gloves. Otherwice it could be completly different. My left hand still hearts
Don't understand those people who ride without protection. Even on scooters I saw several bad accidents. All bikers are divided to the ones who already crashed and the ones who will.
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote