Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 05-30-2004, 01:19 PM   #181
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
Originally Posted by st-anger
AlienDB7 wrote:
Was it on AMS TV last week? Noticed a teaser pic on VOX's site at http://www.vox.de/28379_29025.php
Hopefully they'll show it on DW World soon. Thanks for the scans st-anger!

...it´ll be on german VOX on may 30th
:shock: Will someone be able to record it ? That should be an amazing video to see
....i´ve just seen it on VOX, amazing, really amazing, the sound of the SLR at top speed and on the track, and the blue flames out of the sidepipes....respect :shock:
nice on board vid of the CGT at 205mph+, also of the Enzo at 218mph...
some cool shots at teh racetrack as well...

i´m sure someone´ll tape the english version, it´s definitely worth to watch...

btw, lakatu, here´s the answer to your question: ppl = prospective customers should come to a PZ ( dealer ) to get the brochures and stuff like that, it´s a marketing thing and has something to do with emotions, but i´ve to addmit that it´d be a nice thing to dl the stuff off their web...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 02:33 PM   #182
lakatu
Regular User

btw, lakatu, here´s the answer to your question: ppl = prospective customers should come to a PZ ( dealer ) to get the brochures and stuff like that, it´s a marketing thing and has something to do with emotions, but i´ve to addmit that it´d be a nice thing to dl the stuff off their web...
I can see that point but I know that they advertise, at least in US magazines, a 800 number where they will send you info so that they can reach customers who can’t or aren’t willing to come in. I still would seem more effective to me put it on the web.

BTW I was impressed by all of the new posts on Saturday by yourself. I’m looking forward to the scans from GT Purely Porsche. I know that the article about the 3.2L Carrera is not as urgent as some of the other articles but I was hoping that at some later time you might post that as well. I don’t have access to the magazine here. Thanks for your contributions.
lakatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 02:43 PM   #183
TT
Regular User

Old 05-30-2004, 02:50 PM   #184
lakatu
Regular User

Nice pictures TT. Where are they from and are those genunie RSRs?
Old 05-30-2004, 02:52 PM   #185
TT
Regular User

You can see the original topic in the "what do you saw today" section and not sure about the genuinity, sorrry.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:54 PM   #186
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
AlienDB7 wrote:
Was it on AMS TV last week? Noticed a teaser pic on VOX's site at http://www.vox.de/28379_29025.php
Hopefully they'll show it on DW World soon. Thanks for the scans st-anger!

...it´ll be on german VOX on may 30th
:shock: Will someone be able to record it ? That should be an amazing video to see
....i´ve just seen it on VOX, amazing, really amazing, the sound of the SLR at top speed and on the track, and the blue flames out of the sidepipes....respect :shock:
nice on board vid of the CGT at 205mph+, also of the Enzo at 218mph...
some cool shots at teh racetrack as well...

i´m sure someone´ll tape the english version, it´s definitely worth to watch...

Sounds like it'll be a great video. DW-World better show the english this time, they only showed the CGT comparison but not the individual test last time around.

If it's on TV here, I"ll for sure record it!
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 04:56 PM   #187
Akmon
Regular User

i saw gemballa video with a tuned porsche going up to 330 km/h
Akmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 10:20 PM   #188
HoboPie
Regular User

Any chance of ever getting a more comprehensive translation of auto motor und sport?

I'm just wondering about the Enzo's braking distances. Not so much that the Carrera GT beats it, but the Murcielago?

It has good brakes, but tests show that the F50 beats it by about 10m from 200kph. The F50 is good, but it doesn't brake like the Enzo.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:28 AM   #189
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by HoboPie
Any chance of ever getting a more comprehensive translation of auto motor und sport?

I'm just wondering about the Enzo's braking distances. Not so much that the Carrera GT beats it, but the Murcielago?

It has good brakes, but tests show that the F50 beats it by about 10m from 200kph. The F50 is good, but it doesn't brake like the Enzo.
....sorry, but i already filtered out all the infos worth to know, so no other infos than already posted and nothing about the braking distance of Enzo...
Porsche 911
Old 05-31-2004, 11:18 AM   #190
HoboPie
Regular User

ok, thanks for that info that was worth knowing.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:58 PM   #191
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by lakatu

I can see that point but I know that they advertise, at least in US magazines, a 800 number where they will send you info so that they can reach customers who can’t or aren’t willing to come in. I still would seem more effective to me put it on the web.

BTW I was impressed by all of the new posts on Saturday by yourself. I’m looking forward to the scans from GT Purely Porsche. I know that the article about the 3.2L Carrera is not as urgent as some of the other articles but I was hoping that at some later time you might post that as well. I don’t have access to the magazine here. Thanks for your contributions.

:arrow:

page1
page2
page3
page4
page5

the 3.2 deserves it to be posted first
Porsche 911
Old 05-31-2004, 04:06 PM   #192
lakatu
Regular User

How awesome is st-anger. He is like a superhero, always looking out for the little guy. I mean taking a neighborhood kid to an event and now this. Wow!
Old 05-31-2004, 04:27 PM   #193
st-anger
Regular User

How awesome is st-anger. He is like a superhero, always looking out for the little guy. I mean taking a neighborhood kid to an event and now this. Wow!
well, definitely no superhero, but i do have a strong social mind, as you probably know we don´t have our own children, sad but true, we won´t have time for them, but we´re supporting a major charity project in Africa :arrow: link with some big $$$, and i´m always glad to make ppl and especially kidz happy with such nice surprises like the one with the CGT...
i´d been so lucky through my whole life, have more money i could ever spend and i just want to give something back, that´s it....
Porsche 911
Old 05-31-2004, 04:44 PM   #194
schnell318
Regular User

well, definitely no superhero, but i do have a strong social mind, as you probably know we don´t have our own children, sad but true, we won´t have time for them, but we´re supporting a major charity project in Africa :arrow: link with some big $$$, and i´m always glad to make ppl and especially kidz happy with such nice surprises like the one with the CGT...
i´d been so lucky through my whole life, have more money i could ever spend and i just want to give something back, that´s it....
WOW...yor really are a super nice person, good for you
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 04:53 PM   #195
lakatu
Regular User

I just finished reading the 3.2 article and it was fantastic. I loved the writing style. It kept the reader engaged in the article the whole time.

For those who are interested the writer discussed the improvements in handling behavior of the 80’s 911 to pre 80’s 911’s. I looked up some information and compared a review in 1980 of a SC with a different review of a 1987 Carrera. The main differences were an increase in rim width from 6 inch front and 7 inch rear to 7/8 on the 1987. Both cars ran on the same exact tire size and 16” rims. (I noticed in this article that the car driven had smaller 6” rims up front and the 8” rear compared to the US reviewed 1987.) Obviously, improvements in tire technology have helped. The only other change between the two models I am aware of is an increase in front and rear anti-roll bar diameters and an increase in the rear torsion bar size. I believe that the suspension pick up points and construction technology remained the same. Does anyone know when they brought alloy suspension pieces to the 911?