Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #31
04RCSTI
Regular User

There is no big deal, I just have different expectations than you guys do from a $100,000 car.

Perhaps it's OK for the Vette to have a plasticky interior considering the performance per dollar ratio that it has. I understand the fact that a better interior would add weight and price. In this case I think thought that I'd be happier with two separate cars rather than one car that compromises to be both. As in buying an Ariel Atom and comfy midrange sedan.

I guess it would also be cool to have a bit of both at times.. I guess thats among one of the many attractive features of a Z06 that lets you look past the interior

Hehe, I have no problem understanding/accepting other people's point of view. Change is often good.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #32
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by 04RCSTI View Post
In this case I think thought that I'd be happier with two separate cars rather than one car that compromises to be both. As in buying an Ariel Atom and comfy midrange sedan.
Asking price for used 300hp Ariel Atoms are $100,000+. So. Good luck with that.

Or, you can still get a $70,000 200hp one with no interior.

Or... you can get a CTS-V? Would that be an acceptable compromise?
Old 03-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #33
enzoferrari
Regular User

I'm sure Chevy could do better for that price. Come on..
Ohh yes,you can always do things better,and the price is fine for what you get,a supercar that will outperform almost everything.
but people who can afford to buy an $80k 2 seater supercar can pay a few grand more for a higher quality interior.
Like 100k more,I dont think so.

Last edited by enzoferrari; 03-18-2008 at 08:11 PM.
enzoferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:14 PM   #34
04RCSTI
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Asking price for used 300hp Ariel Atoms are $100,000+. So. Good luck with that.

Or, you can still get a $70,000 200hp one with no interior.

Or... you can get a CTS-V? Would that be an acceptable compromise?
CTS-V is trash sorry, but hey if you like it then thats your thing.

Also I just did one quick search and found this 300hp ariel Atom that is modified with a bunch of upgrades. Get your prices right, so good luck with that? not so much.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/276590.htm

Thats just ONE i found in 10 seconds and its modified and only 80K, NOT 100K + sorry

70K for a 200hp??
Not so much, the 245hp is going for under 60k

Last edited by 04RCSTI; 03-18-2008 at 11:44 PM.
04RCSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:25 PM   #35
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Okay... What's his problem?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:45 PM   #36
04RCSTI
Regular User

I'm getting a little tired of my posts getting picked apart thats all. Felt, perhaps wrongly so, like I'm being ridiculed.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:57 PM   #37
RC45
Regular User

CTS-V is trash sorry, but hey if you like it then thats your thing.
Trash in your eyes, but not the thousands of people who buy them every year.

Seems you are getting all anti-non-european again... funny you dont see the "Amerikun car Krowd" attacking everything Euro.. Hopefully its not because undeniably GM knows how to do "bang for the buck" hehe

Also I just did one quick search and found this 300hp ariel Atom that is modified with a bunch of upgrades. Get your prices right, so good luck with that? not so much.

Thats just ONE i found in 10 seconds and its modified and only 80K, NOT 100K + sorry
But the interior is not really what you would expect from an $80,000 car.. at least I wouldn't.

70K for a 200hp??
$60,000 for a interiorless trackday toy? Hmm - if yougo in for that sort of thing
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:04 AM   #38
RC45
Regular User

I'm getting a little tired of my posts getting picked apart thats all.
Yeah - sorry man, it's the only way I can keep track of my thoughts in my old age.

Felt, perhaps wrongly so, like I'm being ridiculed.
Nah, why would you feel that?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #39
04RCSTI
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Trash in your eyes, but not the thousands of people who buy them every year.

Seems you are getting all anti-non-european again... funny you dont see the "Amerikun car Krowd" attacking everything Euro.. Hopefully its not because undeniably GM knows how to do "bang for the buck" hehe

But the interior is not really what you would expect from an $80,000 car.. at least I wouldn't.

$60,000 for a interiorless trackday toy? Hmm - if yougo in for that sort of thing
Nah, Im not getting anything. I just dont like the car. The American car crowd? lol what am I? The european car crowd??

The Atom doesnt try to be a road car. It's legal, but not a daily driver.

I'd Get one.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:58 AM   #40
79TA
Regular User

Buy what you want/need/can afford. It's different for everyone.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #41
HeilSvenska
Regular User

70K for a 200hp??
That's a UK spec. Unless you actually want to import one legally, it won't cost $80,000.

Here's the "official" used US Atom listing
http://www.arielatom.com/UsedCars.aspx

Options can really change the resale value, though.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #42
silentm
Regular User

hmm now back to the topic, the ZR1 really has a comfy interior even though from the exterior it trys to look like a hardcore racing/trackday car... imo that is confusing. not to asy that on the inside it still looks bland but that is just my oppinion/taste. if GM can sell it the way it is and if it is appreciated, that's great. but i expected a bit more change to be honest.

someday i would like to own a Corvette Z06 and a Porsche. i just got back from the USA (visiting my sister) and we (the family) drove a lot on the highways and interstates and i saw a lot of corvettes (C5 C6 and an older model i can't put a name to, maybe a stingray? it was interesting that i only saw 1 Mustang 350 and it was quite beat up too). the interesting thing is i have a feeling that people who drive performance cars have them more to show off rather than having this performance oriented car. most Porsches i saw where Boxters and most were convertibles.

i guess the american perception of such cars is different from the european.
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #43
nthfinity
Regular User

It depends on where you go, and what the weather is What state were you in?
Old 03-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #44
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by silentm View Post
hmm now back to the topic, the ZR1 really has a comfy interior even though from the exterior it trys to look like a hardcore racing/trackday car... imo that is confusing. not to asy that on the inside it still looks bland but that is just my oppinion/taste. if GM can sell it the way it is and if it is appreciated, that's great. but i expected a bit more change to be honest.

someday i would like to own a Corvette Z06 and a Porsche. i just got back from the USA (visiting my sister) and we (the family) drove a lot on the highways and interstates and i saw a lot of corvettes (C5 C6 and an older model i can't put a name to, maybe a stingray? it was interesting that i only saw 1 Mustang 350 and it was quite beat up too). the interesting thing is i have a feeling that people who drive performance cars have them more to show off rather than having this performance oriented car. most Porsches i saw where Boxters and most were convertibles.

i guess the american perception of such cars is different from the european.
Whether driving fast sports cars or big trucks, people seem to want others to know that "they could if they wanted to."
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #45
silentm
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
It depends on where you go, and what the weather is What state were you in?
we were around Washington DC. the weather was all nice, it never really was raining.

i was just surprised to see all these vettes but actually no mustangs but maybe i just didn't get lucky. but who am i kidding? my expectations were just too high lol
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote