Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-12-2004, 05:25 PM   #1
topgeartom
Regular User

Default Review your own car - and GET PAID!

Ciao.co.uk

Some of you may have heard of it.

Basically, you can write reviews of pretty much anything, cars, electrically items, locations, and even countrys!

How the site works is, manufacturers pay ciao, who then add a kind of incentive to anyone who may want to review that item. Any member of the site can give a rating to a particular review, and then the person who wrote that review will get money according to the payment scheme of that item. If the item has 1 '£' symbol next to its name then you get 0.5p per rating, if it has 2 '£' symbols then you get 1p per rating, and if it has 3 '£' symbols you get 2p for every rating. Although this doesnt sound alot, if you get 20 positive ratings for a review that has a 3 '£' rating then you get 40p - the more ratings you do, the more cash you get - it builds up in your account, and then you can have it transferred to your bank.

The biggest money is available to earn in the surveys though. You fill out a personal interests form, and then you get sent (by e-mail) requests to take part in on-line surveys, whch can actually be quite fun, and may even mean you get to see a movie trailer for the first time, months before the anyone else (this has happened to me many times) these surveys can payout anything up to £2 a time.

Best of all is the fact that all of this costs absolutely nothing. While it is hardly going to make you rich, it is virtually money for nothing, and if you are any good at writing, you can make yourself a nights drinking money in well under a month - not bad really.

As a member - if i invite anyone who then registers and does at least 1 review i get 50p - i thought i would be straight up with everyone on this - thats why i am telling you all, because im a selfish money hungry bastard

So, if you want to make a bit of cash for writing about your car and taking part in the odd survey here and there, please send me your email - just post it up or PM me, and i will send you an email with a link to register.

go on. send me your email, register, and write a review of your car.

I hope you can understand my incoherent dribblings, maybe someone can explain the whole thing better.

Cheers
Tom
Old 12-12-2004, 07:01 PM   #2
No.1
Regular User

Lol... was told about this last week

It can't last, but i will give it a go when i have a spare afternoon... drum up a few quid.... all of it helps at Xmas-time
Old 12-12-2004, 07:35 PM   #3
callen
Regular User

i assume they wont give me as a canadian any money. But for GBP, i will be all over these surveys ill make 2 bucks per pound! where do i sign topgeartom!??! 8)
Old 12-14-2004, 11:46 AM   #4
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by callen
i assume they wont give me as a canadian any money. But for GBP, i will be all over these surveys ill make 2 bucks per pound! where do i sign topgeartom!??! 8)
just PM me your email adress or if you like post it up here. Your choice